Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 04:43 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So according to you the baby isn't a human being until it actually sees the light of day? One day before the actual birth it's okay to abort because it's not a human and therefore has no rights. Is that what you're saying?
No, because that's late term/third trimester abortion. BUT, there should be NO problem with first and second trimester abortions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 05:48 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Marriage isn't a right. There is no such thing as the right to marriage. That is where your confusion lies.
You do have the right to live your life unencumbered.
There's no need to be insulting, we can reason together without that.

The Conservative Case For Gay Marriage

Do you disagree? If so, why? I'm looking for conversation, not debate.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:46 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Maybe if state houses with Republican majorities didn't pass laws they know will go to the Supreme Court as Roe v Wade challenges, it wouldn't be such a big deal; but the Pub's never give up their fight to make abortion illegal again....

Same could be said about the Democrats. They have their pet peeves and ideologies that they won't give up either.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
The pill isn't the only form of birth control, you know.

I never said it was but it's the most effective.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
it's a rebuttal to the bogus claims made up thread, well, really the entire premise of the thread, that GOPers care about personal liberty. They most certainly don't when it comes to women.

But as I also recently noted, it's time to move on from this particular exercise.

Utter BS claim that Republicans don't care about women just because they don't believe in killing the unborn.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:49 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter BS claim that Republicans don't care about women just because they don't believe in killing the unborn.
Utter BS claim that "the unborn" is any meaningful classification of individuals except by those who would happily deny liberty to women.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Genuine question for those that are Pro-life, and saying that it is the woman who has to be responsible and protect herself, if she doesn't want to get pregnant, etc etc....

Did you, in all honesty, abstain from sexual intercourse before marriage, or before actively trying to conceive?

Something I hear/read often is that those unprepared for a baby should abstain until marriage...

Yet 94% of women and 96% of men in the U.S have had Pre Marital Intercourse, which means that most of those that are Pro Life, have not abstained (46% of Americans identified as Pro-Life in 2017).

Isn't it rather hypocritical to judge women who have had abortions, saying they should have abstained or made better choices, if most of you did the same act they did that got them in their predicaments in the first place?

I say this as somebody who has never, and would never have an abortion, but sees the value in choice.

How many times do I have to say that a man is equally responsible to protect himself before this lie ends? The point is that it is the woman who will have to carry the child for nine months, not the man. Based on that it is they that should be more cautious if they don't want to get pregnant. Killing should never be a choice unless it's in self-defense. If the mother's life will be in jeopardy by bearing a child then I would be ok with abortion.

I'm not suggesting to self-abstain I'm just suggesting that steps be taken to prevent pregnancy. If it happens anyway then so be it but I still don't believe in abortion under those circumstances.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Utter BS claim that "the unborn" is any meaningful classification of individuals except by those who would happily deny liberty to women.

What are they then if not human beings? No one man or woman should have the right to kill another human life. I suggest you stop making this about woman's rights based on that.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:59 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What are they then if not human beings? No one man or woman should have the right to kill another human life. I suggest you stop making this about woman's rights based on that.
And I suggest you stop asserting that your personal belief system is universal. Women are not committing murder or killing another human life if they terminate a pregnancy, just because you say so. Believe whatever you want to believe, but stop insisting others believe what YOU believe.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You really spent a lot of time on that, didn't you ? You , sir, have a future in writing fiction. Stephen King has nothing on you at all !
Nah, the OP just retyped a Facebook meme. So clever of the OP, dontcha think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies