Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 01:16 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
They got the warrant by misleading the judge.

The information was not verified, they also try to substantiate the claims by Steele by using an article from a reporter that Steele himself briefed.

The DOJ is now allowing the congressional committees to view the FIAS application, we may get more information on this application in the coming weeks.
The FBI had verified the info before they went to the FISA court. The only reason they ever spoke to Steele is that they already had information from other sources that matched what Steele was telling them in his initial contact on the phone. The judge would not have issued a warrant without evidence being presented of criminal wrongdoing.

The whole idea that this is some sort of conspiracy by everyone in the judicial system to discredit Trump is a load of horse ****, and you know it.

Have you read Simpson's testimony? Yes or no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 02:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Anything that opens with Hannity on screen is bound to be followed by pure sewage. I made it through four seconds. That's as far as I'm going.
Let's just be honest, shall we? You just don't want to know the truth. Sean Hannity invited Mark Levin to speak to this issue. He is a Constitutional attorney.

It says a lot about you that you wouldn't even bother to learn the facts from such a well known attorney of his credentials.

Education is available for all those who seek it. But some just refuse to educate themselves. Very sad. Your loss. No skin off my nose. Whatever you have to say on this subject can be regarded as "sewage," because you refuse to listen and learn from knowledgeable people like Mark Levin (and Alan Dershowitz, who agrees with Levin on this).

Old 04-07-2018, 02:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And I don't see Republicans impeaching Trump. Do you?

I don't care what lies Trump tells under oath, the Republicans who stand up against him will get primaried out and that will be it.

Even if the House switches to Democratic majority this fall, the Senate is highly unlikely to get to the two thirds needed for conviction needed in an impeachment trial.
So far, Hillary Clinton has gotten off scot-free for her crimes (which are very serious). What has Trump done? Nothing.

They had to trap Michael Flynn in order to get him on lying. Some say he didn't lie. But this is, sadly, the way our "justice" system works today.

As for Manafort, Rosenstein had to cover for Mueller's illegal search of his home by expanding his authority after the fact! Talk about corruption!

Old 04-07-2018, 03:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The only reason Mueller was appointed was because Democrats hate Trump and got his appointment by hook and crook, in a last ditch effort to oust Trump. Well it isn't going to happen, since over half the Country now supports Trump, and these people are ready to turn on Democrats and Liberals. All it would take is the Liberals to try and Overthrow our Government, and you would have a War the Dems seem to want.
Half the country never supported Trump. Where did you get that from?

Old 04-07-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I would expect if Trump does sit down with Mueller he will fire him at the conclusion of the interview.
He can't. Rosenstein would have to do it.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know who you're listening to (CNN?) but you're getting some very bad information. There has been not one ounce of evidence of any "collusion" (which isn't a crime) by President Trump or his team since this this so-called "investigation" began 18 months or so ago.

You people keep hoping. But CNN is misleading you and giving you false hope that President Trump has committed some crime.

Isn't it time to give it up?

Further, a sitting President cannot be indicted. That has been settled many years ago by the Office of Legal Counsel of the Department of Justice.
You have an in with Mueller? You don't know what he has any more than the rest of us.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Let's just be honest, shall we? You just don't want to know the truth. Sean Hannity invited Mark Levin to speak to this issue. He is a Constitutional attorney.

It says a lot about you that you wouldn't even bother to learn the facts from such a well known attorney of his credentials.

Education is available for all those who seek it. But some just refuse to educate themselves. Very sad. Your loss. No skin off my nose. Whatever you have to say on this subject can be regarded as "sewage," because you refuse to listen and learn from knowledgeable people like Mark Levin (and Alan Dershowitz, who agrees with Levin on this).
Bring me Levin from another source and I might take a look. Hannity is not anything I intend to waste any time on.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Let's just be honest, shall we?
I try to be. That's why I don't watch, listen to, or post anything by Hannity.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So far, Hillary Clinton has gotten off scot-free for her crimes (which are very serious). What has Trump done? Nothing.

They had to trap Michael Flynn in order to get him on lying. Some say he didn't lie. But this is, sadly, the way our "justice" system works today.

As for Manafort, Rosenstein had to cover for Mueller's illegal search of his home by expanding his authority after the fact! Talk about corruption!
If you have evidence, bring it. The GOP has been trying to find it for thirty years, now, unsuccessfully. They will be happy to reopen any case where you have proof.

In other words, Rosenstein and Mueller followed the dictates of 28 CFR 600.4, as referenced in section (iii) of Rosenstein's letter appointing him. See below for details.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4

Old 04-07-2018, 06:48 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
when will Mueller resign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies