Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 01:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Ask the left if they see it that way. If there was anything to be gotten from Flynn to Manafort to 13 Russians have nothing to do with Trump. They have been indicted on everything from identity theft to tax evasion.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

It has been the greatest fishing expedition in history, while the greatest miscarriage of justice was called a fishing expedition when the DoJ covered for the real criminals and tried to steal an election.

Republicans don't give a hoot about Manafort. If he's guilty he should be convicted.

That's the difference between the right and the left. We actually care about keeping and protecting the laws of this country.
It certainly wasn't a "fishing expedition"
Mueller had good reason to be looking for evidence of Russian connection to the Trump campaign
The fact is that Mueller is finally getting to the Trump people involved in changing the Ukraine plank at the RNC convention....the one that Manafort claimed to know nothing about and have done nothing to influence

The investigation is getting closer to Roger Stone and Assange/WikiLeaks
And Session's involvement to an innocent bystander to someone who knew what Papadoupolus was doing and didn't stop him trying to get closer to Clinton's emails...

The reason Mueller has gone into areas that maybe were not specifically mentioned are that they were pretty obvious and illegal...
If you investigate the mob and money laundering in construction industries and happen to find someone who is also guilty of blackmail---you follow up on that crime...

The people involved in this broad based criminal conspiracy were just so hubristic and conceited that they thought they would never be investigated or prosecuted...
They thought it would be covered up if/when Trump won--just like it goes unpunished in Putin's Russia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 01:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You should read it, carefully. Mueller can investigate any matter 'arising directly from his investigation of Trump campaign coordination with the Russian government.'

The FBI had investigated Manafort for years and never filed charges. Mueller took what the FBI already knew and ran with it.

I doubt a Court will do what it should, squash most of what Mueller's done like a bug, with prejudice.
That word doesn't mean what you think it means in this context.

Mueller cant just suddenly investigate me or you for example. But if my name or yours came up during the course of the investigation he certainly could.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You should read it, carefully. Mueller can investigate any matter 'arising directly from his investigation of Trump campaign coordination with the Russian government.'

The FBI had investigated Manafort for years and never filed charges. Mueller took what the FBI already knew and ran with it.

I doubt a Court will do what it should, squash most of what Mueller's done like a bug, with prejudice.
If you are going to use quotation marks, you can't paraphrase (nor leave stuff out).

Read section B, and ALL the sub-bullets below it. You only (mis)-quoted one of the three bullets.

Very misleading of you.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:46 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Shameful republicans who put party over people. Trump and the whole administration is corrupt. Too bad you are blinded by your partisanship. Too much Fox News watching i guess.
Pot meet kettle. You're supporting law enforcement breaking the law in order to "get" someone you don't like due to their political beliefs.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahaha. Manafort is grasping at straws. Rosenstein absolutely has the authority to do what he is doing. For Republicans to think this is going to work shows just how desperate they are to keep justice from happening.

Folks...go look at what Manafort did. The guy is scum, and you're cheering on the idea that he could get away with it. Once you start doing that you should probably start asking yourself if you are on the right side of this.
I find that ****ing astounding as well... These cheerleaders for a treacherous POS like Manafort are not Americans in any sense.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
(Russian) meddling in the US Election has been proven, and proven again. Mueller is investigating that medling. Trump may, or may not be implicated, or even guilty.

Just like Monica Lewinsky had nothing to do with Whitewater, once opened, that's where it led.

(Although if Trump is found to be guilty, it would be a lot more aligned with the original intent of this investigation than Monica was to Whitewater)
The Special Counsel was not appointed to investigate Russian meddling. Russian election meddling has occurred in every presidential election since WWII. That's not grounds for a Special Counsel, that's just a standard FBI investigation. The Special Counsel was appointed to investigate the Trump team colluding with the Russians. In this bizarre instance, there was no crime to investigate. In a departure from the law, this was launched in order to find a crime. Imagine if we let the cops launch investigations into young Black men to search for crimes to charge them with. Obviously you wouldn't mind, since you clearly support this news version of law enforcement.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If you are going to use quotation marks, you can't paraphrase (nor leave stuff out).

Read section B, and ALL the sub-bullets below it. You only (mis)-quoted one of the three bullets.

Very misleading of you.
The 1st and 3rd bullets aren't relevant. Everyone knows Mueller was appointed Primarily to investigate coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election. The issue I mentioned is how he's exercising the 2nd point; whether his investigations have gone beyond what's authorized by bullet 2.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Again, stop breaking the law. Charge all of these people. I dont care. Unlike you I want justice.

Geitner didnt evade taxes, he made mistakes which were common among people who were working for the organization he did, and he corrected it all before taking his position when he became aware.

Its not a prosecuted crime usually to make a mistake, it IS a crime to do so purposefully and knowingly. This whataboutism is pathetic.

Except like with the Geitner example its not. I once got something wrong on my taxes, that doesn't make me a Manafort anymore then it does Geitner. And you are trying to make a false equivalency between these folks to do EXACTLY what you say. Let someone break the law knowingly and willfully.

Go read the details on Geitner for example, and then read the indictments on manafort. They arent the same AT ALL. Its not my political party im defending. Look in a mirror.
- Unlike me? No one wants Justice more than me. I'd be fine with Obama, Hillary & Trump sharing a jail cell.

- Geitner did evade taxes. No one in the history of tax evasion has ever said they did it on purpose. Saying they made a mistake is standard operating procedure & does not absolve one from lying on their taxes. Period. btw, he corrected it only after he got caught! What happened to wanting justice?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Pot meet kettle. You're supporting law enforcement breaking the law in order to "get" someone you don't like due to their political beliefs.
hmmmmm...

Seems like we've been there before.

Except last time, it really was a witch hunt.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Wow, you folks sure like putting words into others mouths, making false equivalency comparisons, and assuming.

Stop filling your head with propaganda. Manafort is scum, and Mueller has worked within the boundaries of law. Your road is "hey this is bad for my side, lets take to word of this breitbart contributor who is often wrong, and treat it like gospel, and then cheer on this truly scumy guy getting away with it.
Reading comprehension buddy. I said repeatedly in my first post that this idea of Mueller overstepping his mandate is unproven & for the courts to decide. You reading me now?

Whether or not Manafort is scum is irrelevant. He is afforded the same protections under the law that anyone else is. I'm not ok with the idea of letting the cops do anything they want to a suspect so long as they claim he was scum, but you seem to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies