Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 04:11 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,184 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Too many people go to University to study things like gender studies or other such nonsense. Universities should be concentrating on STEM and Business degrees.

Universities would be better if they were more intensive two year courses and more degrees related to apprenticeships where you learn a job whilst having day release for qualifications such as a degree. This has to be the way forward given rising tution fees and Universities that are becoming breeding grounds for idiots.

Failing that bring back conscription and give them to the likes of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, he would sort out their gender issues.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-03-2018 at 05:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 04:22 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Lots of Trump fans where you are, huh?
Ummm no. Everyone knows Cali has the interesting characters

Old 04-03-2018, 04:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Weird. Feelings are misleading. They are not sound.

Any one who supports lies like this has no core of truth. These college students have been hammered into submission by politically correct garbage they have fed on. How weak their core beliefs system is. They will accept anything. God help us.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:51 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
If you believe that your great great ancestors were apes, then you're capable of believing anything.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why is it that every single political organization with the word "family" in it has to be staffed by such willfully stupid individuals? How humiliating is it to have to go on to a campus and act as if you can't tell why concepts like gender, sexual orientation and physical characteristics Are treated differently?

This is just sad stuff. I feel for that guy, I really do.
First, this has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

The question many wonder, myself included, is where we draw the line when there is a conflict between what a person perceives themselves as and what biologically they are.

Hair is a physical characteristic. Most people think not a second thought when someone dyes their hair blonde. For the most part if that person says to them “I’m a blonde” they will just let it go, despite the black roots, thinking to themselves yeah, right, the only person you are fooling is yourself. But hair color carries no government dictated import in our society, there are no special programs for blondes, nor is it used officially as a way demographically sort humans. Not only that, it is easily changed and indeed is a part of our body that naturally changes on its own, so it makes sense to look at hair color futilely. So, sure, why not, claim to be a blonde, if you want, roots and all. But, if another person refuses to call that person a blonde because they believe it’s a dye job there are no institutional driven sanctions on that person. No one forces the person to call a person a blonde with threat of job loss or worse if they don’t.

Femininity and and masculinity are true social constructs, but gender is as tied to physical characteristics as hair color, and in some ways more so. I know you are going to argue differently, but truthfully, insisting others treat a person based on feelings, when there are physical attributes that conflict with that identity, for gender is no different than insisting they do so for height, weight, age, or the biggest social construct of all, race.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:14 AM

50,312 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
To many people go to University to study things like gender studies or other such nonsense. Universities should be concentrating on STEM and Business degrees.

Universities would be better if they were more intensive two year courses and more degrees related to apprenticeships where you learn a job whilst having day release for qualifications such as a degree. This has to be the way forward given rising tution fees and Universities that are becoming breeding grounds for idiots.

Failing that bring back conscription and give them to the likes of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, he would sort out their gender issues.
Gender studies is the new under water basket weaving degree.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
I’m glad I’m not in college in this social justice warrior era . Although there was enough SJW nonsense back then.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:27 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Gender studies is the new under water basket weaving degree.

I always get a kick out of that because people can make a lot of money doing underwater basket weaving.

This is under water basket weaving:

How do you fix an undersea cable?

Old 04-03-2018, 06:14 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I've said if you can choose to identify as a different gender, you can choose to identify as a different race. And you can also identify as a different AGE. An 18 year old kid could identify as a 70 year old and go on social security and medicare. And a 40 year old could identify as a 15 year old and go to public school and be put in a foster care system.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:15 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Does anyone really care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies