Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 07:01 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times

Advertisements

Simply put: NO.

While I'm all for war on poverty and the ongoing battle of the bulge. Very few people serving in the wars are psychotic enough to think peace is the reward for taking lives and ruining structures.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:37 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
[quote=FirebirdCamaro1220;51510612]I have no interest in dying for some war I don't believe in.[/QUOT
You wouldn't stand and fight for your family, friends or fellow Americans on our soil?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishim View Post
As per the topic, would there be ANY reason you'd be voluntarily willing to go to war? And do you think the cycle of young people dying due to psychopathic greedy old men can ever be broken? I find it especially shocking how many women have died in Iraq/Afghanistan, more than other wars in fact, at least in the U.S. A BIG reason why we need WAY more women in charge at the highest levels so we don't have war.
As an Israeli combat officer I went to war to defend my country and love ones from Arab savages. And I will do it again anytime.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:02 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Simply put: NO.

While I'm all for war on poverty and the ongoing battle of the bulge. Very few people serving in the wars are psychotic enough to think peace is the reward for taking lives and ruining structures.
Hmmm. It worked well in WW2.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:05 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
As per the topic, would there be ANY reason you'd be voluntarily willing to go to war? And do you think the cycle of young people dying due to psychopathic greedy old men can ever be broken? I find it especially shocking how many women have died in Iraq/Afghanistan, more than other wars in fact, at least in the U.S. A BIG reason why we need WAY more women in charge at the highest levels so we don't have war.
Hey, Obama was not that old.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:34 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The only good reason I can think of would be to defend our own country from foreign invaders.
One ought to realize the situation to this.

One does not fight a war on their own land. Why?

Because wars really mess up one's land. Just look at all the places with left over dropped aerial mines for an example. West Germany, as another example, wasn't too crazy about being the land in between the the US and the USSR if it came down to it.

One fights a way on his land so if any land gets messed up, it is his land.

Fighting a defensive war really is not that wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Hell no, and if the draft were still around, I'd book it out of the country, possibly for good. At least I'm honest about it
You would not be missed.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:11 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
I would defend our country (and even allied countries) in a traditional war, but most offensive wars I would probably abstain from. But, the world isn’t black and white and there are always exceptions.

I come from a long line of Quaker’s who used their faith to get away from every war, except the civil war... my dad abstained from Vietnam, but he admitted he would consider defending our country if it got attacked. I’m not a Quaker, however I respect their perspective.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:

There were up to 5,000 female guards in the concentration camps, making up about 10 percent of the personnel. Ms. Grese was hanged at the age of 21 for war crimes committed in Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen; Ms. Koch was convicted of participating in murders at Buchenwald.

Mr. Browning’s book chronicled the role of the German Reserve Police Battalion 101, which helped provide the manpower for the elimination of most Polish Jewry within a year. The book mentions one woman, the young, pregnant bride of one of the captains of the police battalion. She had gone to Poland for a kind of honeymoon and went along with her husband to observe the clearing of a ghetto.

Only 1 or 2 percent of the perpetrators were women, according to Ms. Lower. But in many cases where genocide was taking place, German women were very close by. Several witnesses have described festive banquets near mass shooting sites in the Ukrainian forests, with German women providing refreshments for the shooting squads whose work often went on for days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/w...holocaust.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=-GsBg4aW0Ag

FTR, old women can't own stock in Raytheon?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I would go to war only to protect this country. As far as these wars overseas go, no way. Didnt we learn anything from Vietnam? It’s a useless battle, look at Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be no winners in the next world war. Keep that in mind. How many nukes go off before the entire world is contaminated by nuclear winter?
The Republican war hawks all seem to be older white men who have never been to war. They conveniently had excuses why they couldn’t serve their country. Now, we hear them pounding their chests and they stil don’t want to fight. They want your sons and daughters to die for their shallow egos.

Last edited by Tominftl; 04-04-2018 at 04:43 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 04:46 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
We don't take orders from women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies