Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US military be deployed to the border?
Yes 135 60.54%
No 88 39.46%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 09:01 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The stats were not debatable. I provided viable links proving the good walls do work. A viable link was provide denoting that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year but the wall would only cost $25 billion. Do the math!
Show me the top 5 major construction projects that came in on time and on budget, no change orders. /lol

You've never overseen constructions projects I'm guessing, and even more so for government construction.

And yes, the stats are very debatable. Almost every stat is. These are huge complicated issues, with tons of variables. No one with any degree of knowledge on this stuff EVER states the stats are not debatable.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 09:05 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Uh ok.... let me ask you this. After we get "rid" of them all, who are you going to hate next?

This isn't about hate. It's about our laws. WTH is wrong with you?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Show me the top 5 major construction projects that came in on time and on budget, no change orders. /lol

You've never overseen constructions projects I'm guessing, and even more so for government construction.

And yes, the stats are very debatable. Almost every stat is. These are huge complicated issues, with tons of variables. No one with any degree of knowledge on this stuff EVER states the stats are not debatable.

Even if the wall were to cost more than $25 billion it certainly wouldn't cost more than the over $100 billion every single year that illegal aliens cost us and you know that. Even if you didn't consider that surely you know that they are stealing American jobs and resources, overcrowding our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods reducing American wages, and adding to our crime rates along with committing felony ID theft. Why does none of that bother you? It's not even those just coming for work and benefits that are getting thru our southern border but criminals and terrorists also (according to the FBI Director).

No, my stats were not debatable because they came from viable sources and research. It apparently just doesn't fit your agenda whatever it is. Every anti-wall person has an agenda to keep the flow of illegals coming or they just plain hate Trump and would buck anything he tried to do. I can't understand people who don't want to secure our border. It makes no sense to me.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Even if the wall were to cost more than $25 billion it certainly wouldn't cost more than the over $100 billion every single year that illegal alien cost us and you know that.

No my stats were not debatable because they came from viable sources and research. It apparently just doesn't fit your agenda whatever it is. Every anti-wall person has an agenda to keep the flow of illegals coming or they just plain hate Trump and would buck anything he tried to do. I can't understand people who don't want to secure our border. It makes no sense to me.

Got to say this for Oldglory. He is consistent. Unfortunately wrong but very consistent. Anyone who wants to see the truth about OGs $100 billion just go to Cato Institute and read the various rebuttals.

OG likely knows the 100 billion is a hopeless lie but he sticks to it anyway lacking any other basis for his absurd position.

The wall is of course an absurd idea. It will do nothing for instance for the group coming across Mexico who are going to walk up to the Border Control Centers and ask for asylum. It also will do nothing about the Rio Grand which will simply become more popular if the wall is even partially built.

And all of this one border crossing is at the lowest level in decades and the flow of Mexicans is zero to negative.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Libs should be overjoyed with this decision, Trump is making the US like all those northern European countries they want us to emulate.
What would that be like?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Bush and Obama put National guard troops on the border. The Guard CAN NOT enforce the law. They are support only for the border patrol. When they were deployed in the past, they actually participated in a very low percentage of crossings and even fewer drug interdictions. Each time, both presidents got bad publicly for wasteing millions of dollars.

According to Trump, he is doing something great, above and beyond, exceptional. What a looser.
It's "loser" not "looser". If you're going to insult someone by calling them a "loser", at least spell it correctly.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:45 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Paying taxes does not excuse anyone for breaking the law and certainly not by using a fake or stolen SS to pay taxes. If Americans got their jobs back from illegal aliens they in turn would be paying taxes and contributing to our economy again so your argument holds no water. Since when should any law abiding American prioritize money over our law anyway? Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year and send billions back to their homelands not spent in our economy so no, they aren't contributing to our economy they are taking from it.

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" either so stop blurring those lines. Why mention skin color? Pulling the race card, are you? Those businesses had no right to hire illegal aliens and no one is dragging illegal aliens over the border to work here. They know what they are doing is wrong.

It doesn't matter whether or not they are rapists, etc. Most of them are economic terrorists stealing our jobs, taxes and resources. It doesn't matter how long they have managed to evade the law either they are to be deported according to our laws but from your posts I would say you have no respect for the rule of law or your fellow Americans if you are an American. It's a shame.
Geez..... I think I’ll just take my ball and go home. Rather than question your obviously high intellect I’ll just move along.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:44 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's "loser" not "looser". If you're going to insult someone by calling them a "loser", at least spell it correctly.
Yeah, but it pronounced ..... Looooooooser.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:30 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Back in the 90's (I was in the Navy) when the military presence in Europe was being drawn down and troop strength numbers were being reduced (ending many careers) we thought why not place these soldiers inside the US Boarder with Mexico. There was significant immigration problems and drugs, the boarder patrol needed help, placing them as 10 man units every few miles a .5 mile inside our boarder is legal and would help with the problem. We also though that placing a 10 man unit at all these dirt air strips that were in Florida would be good to catch the illegal drug flights that were coming in at night.

We need an improved guest worker program as there are jobs that they fill that Americans won't but a wide open boarder with all rights and privileges of citizenship for anyone who enters illegally is not an acceptable answer.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:32 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Mexico says US troops on border won’t be armed | Q13 FOX News

So they won’t be armed or have any contact with the caravan. What’s the purpose then? To welcome them with a performance of Hamilton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies