Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 PM

11,136 posts, read 10,900,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
If it was truly because of racism, there would be an equal number of black females shot and killed by police.
Males commit a much larger percentage of violent crimes. The females are alone at home raising all the fatherless children.

Quote:
So are cops only racist against black men?
Part of your mistake is assuming most or all cops are racist. This is a large part of the victim mentality.

Quote:
So why isn't sexism by police being protested?
Because most people acknowledge that it is a non issue.

Quote:
And why isnt white people being killed by police being reported and protested when more white men are killed by cops?
Because in the mass majority of cases, if a white person is killed by a cop, the law abiding citizens in this country are glad that a criminal is off the streets and they do not have to fund their life behind bars.

Quote:
And if cops are racist, why aren't they racist against all races like Latinos and Asians etc and killing them at the same rate?
Most cops are not racist, and the reason there are far less shooting cases involving hispanics and asians is because those two demographics understand that following police commands and not fleeing or pulling a gun on an officer is in their best interests.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 10:16 PM

6,583 posts, read 4,955,197 times
Quote:
How did I fail to realize anything? You failed to realize and even mention that more white people are killed by cops? Why did you leave out white people in your response!? Are you racist? I'm not racist like the media and BLM. I understand that all races are killed by cops.

Show me the stats of how many black women compared to black men are killed by cops. Break it down by race and sex. DONT DODGE THE QUESTION. Research it please.
I am not sure why I am wasting my time here but, I am not going to touch the first part there is just too much covfefe in there. The claim of racism is because they believe there is something inherent in the black race that makes them prone to violence, I am 100% sure thats something that sounds very familiar to you, if you think someone is violent you perceive them as a threat, when you see a potential threat you assess it, take into account several factors, so black=violent, ok thats one factor, now men generally don't perceive women to be a danger so that is where the black women gets dinged, men are about 8x more likely than women to be shot to death by a cop, this holds true across races. So it makes sense that less black women than men would get shot, although they do wake up dead in jail cells after being arrested for not putting out her cigarette. I think maybe dont shoot unarmed people regardless of race and if you cant then switch jobs, its just a uniform it comes off, go be a coal miner.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:40 PM

18,499 posts, read 7,254,362 times
Quote:
Every single case is a male getting shot, never females. But if it was truly because of racism, there would be an equal number of black females shot and killed by police. So are cops only racist against black men? So why isn't sexism by police being protested? And why isnt white people being killed by police being reported and protested when more white men are killed by cops? And if cops are racist, why aren't they racist against all races like Latinos and Asians etc and killing them at the same rate?
The real problem with the BLM narrative is that cops are more likely to shoot a white suspect than a black suspect, as Harvard professor Roland Fryer (a black man) determined.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:55 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,688,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The real problem with the BLM narrative is that cops are more likely to shoot a white suspect than a black suspect, as Harvard professor Roland Fryer (a black man) determined.
Yea, a black professor says it. How wonderful.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Anyone with a shred of common sense knows that BLM cares nothing about black lives. That is just their front. They are simply an anti white / anti authority hate group. They do not protest black on black crime, yet they organize boycotts and protests of law abiding white business owners. They use the common black the same way liberals do.
You’re wrong. and saying there anti-white is incorrect and utterly reactionary.

When they start fireboming white churches, burning crosses on the places frequented by whites, and torching homes of white people, then you can call them anti-white. Maybe anti authority, but history shows that “authority” has always been juxtaposed to black people.

Black lives matter is response to police killings that disproportionately targets blacks, mass incarceration of poor blacks (which the seeds were sowed since the 80s with drug laws), a phony drug war that targets blacks Hispanics, and poor people that doesn’t do much to stop the flow of drugs, and unfortunate mistrust and malcontent in poor communities between denizens and the police.

Many layers that you have to pull back before making the very simplistic argument that you did.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:44 PM

18,499 posts, read 7,254,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
You’re wrong. and saying there anti-white is incorrect and utterly reactionary.

When they start fireboming white churches, burning crosses on the places frequented by whites, and torching homes of white people, then you can call them anti-white.
You've got a hell of an imagination. Cops never did any of that stuff to black people, either, except under orders from a black mayor like Mayor Goode of Philadelphia.

Quote:
Black lives matter is response to police killings that disproportionately targets blacks . . . .
And that's what wrong with BLM. Police killings disproportionately target whites.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:02 AM

18,829 posts, read 14,013,304 times
BELLIGERENCE IN THE FACE OF AUTHORITY

If you are not aware of the behavior of a segment of the Black community, the accusations of racism should be dismissed. But the following describes a behavior and a mind set that is cultural, not racial.

Teacher’s Lament
http://www.black-and-right.com/2013/...ed-of-the-day/
“One of the most immediately striking things about my students was that they were loud. They had little conception of ordinary decorum. It was not unusual for five blacks to be screaming at me at once. Instead of calming down and waiting for a lull in the din to make their point — something that occurs to even the dimmest white students — blacks just tried to yell over each other.

It did no good to try to quiet them, and white women were particularly inept at trying. I sat in on one woman’s class as she begged the children to pipe down. They just yelled louder so their voices would carry over hers.

Many of my black students would repeat themselves over and over again — just louder. It was as if they suffered from Tourette syndrome. They seemed to have no conception of waiting for an appropriate time to say something.”
Some of the behavior alluded to by the teacher is demonstrated in this video:
Darien Long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tit2NonQ8AY

Note that both the woman and the mall cop repeat themselves over and over. It’s as if the first to stop talking, loses.

Is such belligerence in the face of authority a contributing cause to shootings?

Unfortunately, it is a cultural issue - not a racial issue.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,789,353 times
I ain’t never been killed by a cop. Keep your hands above your head.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You've got a hell of an imagination. Cops never did any of that stuff to black people, either, except under orders from a black mayor like Mayor Goode of Philadelphia.

And that's what wrong with BLM. Police killings disproportionately target whites.
Yea police didn’t. Ordinary citizens and the the Klan often did.

Uhh no whites are disproportionately targeted. They are arrested, convicted, and shot and killed in proportion to their share of the population but not the case for blacks and Hispanics. The bulk of the policing crisis falls on poor, Blacks and Latinos, and urban dwellers.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:16 AM

9,126 posts, read 5,757,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If more white people are being killed by the cops, then it sounds like you’ve got some work to do. Go protest or something.

If you don’t want to do that, then what the hell are we supposed to say about it?
When a white criminal resists arrest and gets his dumb ass shot, most white people say, "good."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies