Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
if 'black lives' cared about black lives they wouldn't denigrate police, they would support police. black men are overwhelmingly murdered by black men.
But not all police deserve the same type of respect. Some are extreme Right-winged-Alt-Right racists!

Others simply want to serve their assigned communities...

LE officers for the most part are highly respectable, but some just wear the uniform and are scumbag racists to the core. They arrive on the job with a completely different agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 02:24 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
BELLIGERENCE IN THE FACE OF AUTHORITY

If you are not aware of the behavior of a segment of the Black community, the accusations of racism should be dismissed. But the following describes a behavior and a mind set that is cultural, not racial.

Teacher’s Lament
http://www.black-and-right.com/2013/...ed-of-the-day/
“One of the most immediately striking things about my students was that they were loud. They had little conception of ordinary decorum. It was not unusual for five blacks to be screaming at me at once. Instead of calming down and waiting for a lull in the din to make their point — something that occurs to even the dimmest white students — blacks just tried to yell over each other.

It did no good to try to quiet them, and white women were particularly inept at trying. I sat in on one woman’s class as she begged the children to pipe down. They just yelled louder so their voices would carry over hers.

Many of my black students would repeat themselves over and over again — just louder. It was as if they suffered from Tourette syndrome. They seemed to have no conception of waiting for an appropriate time to say something.”
Some of the behavior alluded to by the teacher is demonstrated in this video:
Darien Long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tit2NonQ8AY

Note that both the woman and the mall cop repeat themselves over and over. It’s as if the first to stop talking, loses.

Is such belligerence in the face of authority a contributing cause to shootings?

Unfortunately, it is a cultural issue - not a racial issue.
HOGWASH!

You must live a very sheltered life....

You've never had an over-heated argument or fight before...

I've seen armed whites behave worse with even worse language. They were cops!

There are white kids who attend plush high schools from well-to-do neighborhoods that are quite capable of misbehaving and acting unruly in mass.

Also, to make culturally comparative statements concerning African-Americans and any other ethnic group residing here in the US, those statements should be judiciously crafted without ignorance of signigicant contributing factors and prejudice.

It's always amazing to me when I hear anyone state that they've observed African-Americans behaving in some type of negatively uncultured fashion.

I've observed indigenous people from Africa, who have higher social skills than any American, black or white. Some of those Africans were living in thatched huts and had to walk long distances for water.

These were the same types of Africans who were enslaved and decultured by white Americans. Now many of the descendants of those very same slavemasters expect the descendants of those very same deculturalized slaves to behave within the standard norms of white American society.

Well, that might have been more easily accomplished, if blacks had been allowed to assimilate into mainstream society, but unfortunately their relentless attempt to assimilate was consistently confronted with hostility, resentment, and racial hatred.

Despite white's persistent rejection of blacks, many blacks still managed to learn the social skills required for standard American social interaction. However, some found it difficult to socially engage with whites, due to the huge communication and psychological barriers that existed between them. Barriers that were both socially constructed and legally reinforced by whites.

Many blacks were taught to never look directly into the eyes of whites. They were instructed to always look down because it would be "safer". Highly intelligent black males were viewed as "uppity", incorrigible, and prone to insurrection. They too were frequently targeted for abuse. Many suffered the fate of the hangman's noose.

So being illiterate, with no widely acceptable speaking skills, and equipt with vastly dissimilar physical features (having black skin, with kinky hair, broad noses, and thick lips), African-Americans were not allowed to assimilate.

Therefore, acquiring white American culture would prove to be difficult. For the most part, blacks have learned to be who they are from whites. They've learned how to beat and abuse from their slavemasters. They've learned violence from living within an extremely hostile environment, surrounded by violence.

Let's not forget, America is deeply rooted in both violence and racism. Just ask any indigenous American about that! If not for the threat of violence, neither slavery nor the conquering of the Americas would have been possible.

Human beings aren't born with "culture" already prepackaged. It's not hardwired into our DNA. Culture must be acquired and taught within any group (large or small).

What cultural skills were taught to slaves before they were allowed to leave their plantations. All they were taught were commands and how to obey them. They lived in constant fear! Their obedience to commands were considered by them to be survival skills. They were treated like dogs, farm animals, or beast of burden. No skills other than that were required! It's these skills that were brought to the African-American community. No social skills required for assimilation.

I think Booker T. Washington may have had the right idea...

Never judge the behavior of African-Americans without first considering both their history and their contextual circumstance.

Given their historical circumstance, I'd say African-Americans have done quite well...

Last edited by zeliner; 04-04-2018 at 02:38 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If more white people are being killed by the cops, then it sounds like you’ve got some work to do. Go protest or something.

If you don’t want to do that, then what the hell are we supposed to say about it?
The majority of people shot by cops is because the perpetrators are just incredibly stupid.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:16 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Here's where you can find the actual motive (narrative) of BLM before they were co-opted/became COINTEL.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/

Here's where you can find where the police corruption started, and why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGby7xvoZg&t=538s

Here's where you can find out about 'The Movement.'

Taking Back the Radio

No need to make up your own narrative when the actual groups that started things documented it. Also, black people already exposed BLM. They're a COINTEL OP. And for the OP, 'The Movement' and Ferguson were about addressing black on black crime until BLM sabotaged.

BLM is the DNC and non-profits. Not some organic 'Movement.'

Why Black Lives Matter: Cincinnati Is Changing Its Name – Black Lives Matter: Cincinnati

"BLM did not create or build this new grassroots movement against police brutality and racism; they capitalized off a nameless groundswell of resistance sweeping the nation, branded it as their own, and profited from the deaths of Black men and women around the country without seriously engaging, as a national formation, in getting justice for fighting families. All the while raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars from high-end speaking engagements and donations from foundations that support the Black struggle (or want to co-opt it). They have gained access to high profile associations, including invitations to the White House and celebrity events; have been on magazine covers; are on the way to profiting as authors and subjects of books; and have accepted numerous awards and accolades as so-called founders of the movement — while families struggle, unassisted, to keep their fights going. So many people on the ground have shared a similar experience: when the reporters leave and the bright lights are gone, so are they (BLM).

There are a couple of individual groupings using the BLM name that are on a trajectory similar to ours and have carried out principled work. They are exceptions to an overall course charted by BLM national."

Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
You fail to realize that both black women and Latinos are being killed.

However, black men have always been the most favored targeted trophy amongst racist cops...
"However, black men have always been the most favored targeted trophy amongst racist cops."

Tell those highly educated well spoken black "men" to quit committing so much of our crimes, then being obstinate and indigent when stopped by a cop, and MAYBE they wouldn't get shot.

Show respect, you get respect!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:38 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
BELLIGERENCE IN THE FACE OF AUTHORITY

If you are not aware of the behavior of a segment of the Black community, the accusations of racism should be dismissed. But the following describes a behavior and a mind set that is cultural, not racial.

Teacher’s Lament
http://www.black-and-right.com/2013/...ed-of-the-day/
“One of the most immediately striking things about my students was that they were loud. They had little conception of ordinary decorum. It was not unusual for five blacks to be screaming at me at once. Instead of calming down and waiting for a lull in the din to make their point — something that occurs to even the dimmest white students — blacks just tried to yell over each other.

It did no good to try to quiet them, and white women were particularly inept at trying. I sat in on one woman’s class as she begged the children to pipe down. They just yelled louder so their voices would carry over hers.

Many of my black students would repeat themselves over and over again — just louder. It was as if they suffered from Tourette syndrome. They seemed to have no conception of waiting for an appropriate time to say something.â€
Some of the behavior alluded to by the teacher is demonstrated in this video:
Darien Long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tit2NonQ8AY

Note that both the woman and the mall cop repeat themselves over and over. It’s as if the first to stop talking, loses.

Is such belligerence in the face of authority a contributing cause to shootings?
Damn! Anyone who can watch that video for more than 90 seconds is far more tolerant than I. Cops have to deal with that crap daily in large urban cesspools. Talk about having to facilitate restraint! Watching things like that video makes me wonder how the death rate of blacks at the hands of law enforcement is not much higher than it currently is.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:06 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I am not sure why I am wasting my time here but, I am not going to touch the first part there is just too much covfefe in there. The claim of racism is because they believe there is something inherent in the black race that makes them prone to violence, I am 100% sure thats something that sounds very familiar to you, if you think someone is violent you perceive them as a threat, when you see a potential threat you assess it, take into account several factors, so black=violent, ok thats one factor, now men generally don't perceive women to be a danger so that is where the black women gets dinged, men are about 8x more likely than women to be shot to death by a cop, this holds true across races. So it makes sense that less black women than men would get shot, although they do wake up dead in jail cells after being arrested for not putting out her cigarette. I think maybe dont shoot unarmed people regardless of race and if you cant then switch jobs, its just a uniform it comes off, go be a coal miner.
BUt black does not = violent, because as you said, they don't perceive black women as a threat. If they don't perceive black women as as much of a threat, it is not racism. CASE CLOSED.
BTW. Black men are statistically more violent as are black neighborhoods. And if that is the case it isn't racism. You can't be racist against only one race.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:13 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DittoDitto21 View Post
They were lynching more black men than woman back in the days as well

What’s your point?
So youre saying the masters were sexist???

Old 04-04-2018, 06:39 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
You ever click on a thread, read the OP, and think to yourself "what the hech were they thinking?"

Old 04-04-2018, 07:27 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
HOGWASH!

Never judge the behavior of African-Americans without first considering both their history and their contextual circumstance.

Given their historical circumstance, I'd say African-Americans have done quite well...
Excusing belligerence and hostility is not acceptable.
Other persecuted minorities do not share those cultural behaviors.

Didn't Dr King say to judge by their character, not their color.
Well, their character is uncivilized.
And that is not racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies