Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

If you read the news you will find a very different take on the humanitarian supply flotilla
If you think hezbollah are the good guys you need to talk to the oppressed Palestinian people

Old 04-09-2018, 09:01 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...we all get you hate the jews...

That response shows you don't understand the situation. Israel and Palestine BOTH have legitimate claim to the land, and understandably, neither is going to give up. Injustice happens on both sides of that argument, and to fail to see that is either ignorance, or turning a blind eye.

The best analogy I can give is when Native American's want to reclaim land that was once theirs. Assume you have a house that you paid for, and one day a Native American tribe gives undisputable proof that they were removed from the land illegally. They have a right to that land, but you paid for it fair and square, so you and your family have a right to it. In my mind, there is no workable solution to this problem *(Unless you can go back in time and change history). Does that make it clear that I hate "the Natives" or that I hate "the Americans"? No, it makes it clear that I understand it's a complex situation, not easily solved, and not described by a one-liner talking point.

By the way, I don't hate "the Jews" (capital J, BTW), I am one of "the Jews".

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's eerily similar to the notion that Trump is racist or hates Hispanics because he doesn't want illegal immigrants in the country.

As for Israel, I've always been an outspoken critic & will not defend their many crimes. That said, Hamas is no better and Iran intentionally stirs that pot. Pragmatically, Israel isn't going anywhere. Hamas/Palestine need to come to grips with that, negotiate the best deal possible, then drop it. The only path to peace for them is to renounce Hamas & ask for economic aid in exchange. With embargoes lifted, with economic aid, with assistance, they can build up their country & get their people educated/employed. Imo, that's how they make life better for Palestinians, not through eternal war with Israel.
I find your first comment to be completely wrong, and not the slightest bit similar. Which is particularly confusing because the rest of your post makes perfect sense.

Trump is racists because he has a history of being a racist. Starting with his racist housing policies (beginning with Fred), based on his comments about Mexicans being rapist and murderers, based on his failure to denounce David Duke, failure to denounce the "fine people" of the KKK, and based on policies that fail to acknowledge some core race issues that are problems in our country. Oddly, they are just completely different situations, with no similarity between Trump and non-whites versus Israel/Palestine. Complete non-sequitur.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:11 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the Arabs had the military might, they’d use it the same way the Israelis use theirs....that’s how they’d use it.

The whole “pushing Jews into the sea” thing is kinda trite. Can’t you guys come up with some new slogans? Lol

BTW, in the battle between the Israelis and the Palestinians, NO ONE is showing restraint. They’re both going as far as politically feasible under the conditions they’re operating under.
C'mon now. You know that over the years Israel has tried any number of times, even through the United Nations to provide a compromise solution to which the Arabs have consistently refused to sign onto.

You also know that Hamas mandate refuses to accommodate the existence of a Jewish state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_Covenant

"the obliteration or dissolution of Israel."

So in regard to your suggestion; would you accept that less trite and more accurate phrase in lieu thereof?

Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That response shows you don't understand the situation. Israel and Palestine BOTH have legitimate claim to the land, and understandably, neither is going to give up. Injustice happens on both sides of that argument, and to fail to see that is either ignorance, or turning a blind eye.

The best analogy I can give is when Native American's want to reclaim land that was once theirs. Assume you have a house that you paid for, and one day a Native American tribe gives undisputable proof that they were removed from the land illegally. They have a right to that land, but you paid for it fair and square, so you and your family have a right to it. In my mind, there is no workable solution to this problem *(Unless you can go back in time and change history). Does that make it clear that I hate "the Natives" or that I hate "the Americans"? No, it makes it clear that I understand it's a complex situation, not easily solved, and not described by a one-liner talking point.

By the way, I don't hate "the Jews" (capital J, BTW), I am one of "the Jews".

EDIT:

I find your first comment to be completely wrong, and not the slightest bit similar. Which is particularly confusing because the rest of your post makes perfect sense.

Trump is racists because he has a history of being a racist. Starting with his racist housing policies (beginning with Fred), based on his comments about Mexicans being rapist and murderers, based on his failure to denounce David Duke, failure to denounce the "fine people" of the KKK, and based on policies that fail to acknowledge some core race issues that are problems in our country. Oddly, they are just completely different situations, with no similarity between Trump and non-whites versus Israel/Palestine. Complete non-sequitur.
I find them to be completely on par. First off it's important not to be racist ourselves by lumping Blacks & Hispanics into the same category. That said, Trump is not racist and most of your claims are mistaken, out of context or projections based on your apparent dislike for him.

- The housing policy you mention is misunderstood classism, not racism. If Oprah, Michael Jordan, Chris Rock, Herman Cain, or Blacks of similar class & profile wanted to live there, I imagine there would have been no problem. If Blacks were the wealthiest, most sophisticated people in NYC and raised property values when they moved in, there wouldn't have been an issue. For this one legitimate example, there are many more examples of Trump showing kindness and generosity towards Black people. He supported Jessie Jackson for president in 1984 & gave him free office space for his campaign headquarters. He let the homeless Black women live in Trump Tower for years, even sending her room service every day to make sure she was fed. There are many examples I could list. Trump was hugely popular among the Black community in NYC and the truth is he's still very popular among many Blacks. That's why high profile celebs like Kanye West, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Harvey, Ice Cube, Ray Lewis, Mike Tyson, Don King, Jim Brown, Terrell Owens, Dennis Rodman, Herschel Walker & Latrell Spreewell support Trump.

- Trump never called "Mexicans" "rapists and murderers". A lot of people simply don't know this fact & naively believe it to be true, while many others intentionally spread this lie to slander Trump. What he actually said was "They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”. Yes, he said the illegals coming across our borders are have lots of problems, bringing crime, drugs and rape. Undoubtedly it was not a PC thing to say, but he absolutely did not call all Mexicans rapists and murders.

- Trump denounced David Duke on a number of occasions. Your statement is completely inaccurate.

- Trump also never called the KKK "fine people". The FBI estimated there 800 people at that rally. The FBI estimated roughly 50 of them were KKK/White supremacists, with roughly 50 Antifa members. That left another 700 people on both sides of the debate about taking down statues from our public spaces. I remember seeing TV interviews with local college students who were there to support the statues staying (a mainstream viewpoint held by the majority of Americans). Not everyone who was against tumbling the historic statues was a Klan member, Neo-Nazi or White supremacist.

- I see Trump's policy being extremely positive for Black people. He pledged 5X more assistance to fund traditionally Black colleges than Obama did, he's funding Jim Brown's Amer-I-Can program to help train inner city Blacks with better job skills, funded a trade mentorship program aimed at inner-city residents, has Black unemployment at historic lows, is trying to create more jobs for the inner-city, etc.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:46 PM

34,994 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If by "hope" you mean the eventual ability to liquidate Israel and the Jews, that "hope" should be "massacred."

Old 05-29-2018, 04:25 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Hamas rockets attacks on Israel escalate conflict - Business Insider

Old 05-29-2018, 04:39 PM

34,994 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Can't these people find something constructive to do?

Old 05-29-2018, 04:46 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Escalate?? This attack just cost Israel $4+ Million dollars to protect itself in one day.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:49 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Can't these people find something constructive to do?
Hamas does not recognize Israel. Thus they consider this as constructive as they are calling the other side of the border Gaza Strip settlements.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:40 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
When are we going to see kuchners peace proposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies