Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 AM

45,581 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Sure - now that it's 3-4 years past any real relevancy...

FDA Forced to Remove False Claims about Ivermectin from Social Media: ‘Blood on Its Hands’

Democrat President Joe Biden’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been forced to remove social media posts that contain false anti-ivermectin claims.

After losing its legal battle against ivermectin, the FDA has agreed to remove webpages and its social media posts urging people to avoid the usage of the drug for Covid treatment.

On June 2, 2022, three doctors, Paul Marik, Mary Talley Bowden, and Robert Apter, filed a lawsuit against the FDA and its secretary Robert Califf.

The lawsuit also targeted Biden’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its secretary Xavier Becerra.

They accused the FDA of meddling with their capacity to practice medicine.

The lawsuit was first turned down on the basis that the FDA possessed “sovereign immunity,” but a United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit overruled the lower court’s ruling, stating that the “FDA is not a physician.”

The government meddling ??? Hush your mouth

Old 03-26-2024, 10:19 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,991,011 times
It seems the "conspiracy theorists" are right on everything. In fact, its because they are not conspiracy theorists but living in the real world, surrounding by corruption and liars. Dotard leftists lie, lie, lie about everything and their sheep consume it all.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:24 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Looks like the FDA hasn't changed anything since 2021 as per their webpage this morning....
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

Old 03-26-2024, 11:04 AM

6,799 posts, read 9,350,606 times
“Follow the science!”
“Trust the experts!”
“The vaccines are safe and effective!”

Old 03-26-2024, 11:50 AM

1,689 posts, read 611,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why do these earth shattering revelations come from news sources with the credibility of a High School Slam Book?

"Overall, we rate Slay News Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, right-wing propaganda, poor sourcing, lack of transparency, failed fact checks, and blatant plagiarism."

https://i0.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck...ng?w=600&ssl=1
You don’t see these kind of stories in your news feeds because the sources you follow do not like to post those types of stories that go against the left. The second reason is the way the algorithms are choosing news for you. You are being manipulated to believe what you want to believe and what the corporate leftists want you to believe. These algorithms are having way too much influence on how people feel on both the left and right.

The fda had no right to tell doctors how to treat an illness that by its own admissions they knew very little about it at the time. If fact, how hubris of them to think they could tell the practitioners who are in the trenches seeing how different treatments are working what they could and could not do. The FDA politicized the use of ivermectin - aka they had a case of TDS. That’s dangerous for patients and dangerous for science.

Old 03-26-2024, 11:51 AM

6,101 posts, read 2,723,766 times
If you like taking horse dewormer more power to yeah.

Old 03-26-2024, 11:52 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So you are blaming the OP for you ranting on the messenger ?

Just stop already. You could have easily verified for yourself with your favorite sites.
I do...it takes seconds.

Consider it a learning experience.
No I am stating why I questioned the messenger. It's no different than what we see all the time when NYT, WAPO, CNN or any news other than Fox is used. If you had read my posts you would have seen that I went to the FDA and their site does reflect any changes as I linked.

Consider this a learning experience....

43,080 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
You don’t see these kind of stories in your news feeds because the sources you follow do not like to post those types of stories that go against the left. The second reason is the way the algorithms are choosing news for you. You are being manipulated to believe what you want to believe and what the corporate leftists want you to believe. These algorithms are having way too much influence on how people feel on both the left and right.
They have no clue that algorithms are filtering their news and google results.
They really do trust the government and the MSM.

Sheep

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
If the original poster chosen Newsweek as the article source I wouldn't have said anything. Whether people want to accept it or not credibility of the source carries a lot of weight as we see so often when the pundits dismiss anything referenced to most MSM sources, and as I see from at least 4 posters it is sacralize to question a source with a message they approve up...

I can only say that the FDA seems to continue to update Covid protocols as new information is learned as I would expect and hope that they would.
In some cases, "Google is your friend.", and it is very easy to use. I know some liberals have issues, since the truth is often something they have a hard time swallowing.

Oh, the FDA knew a lot of the "updates" from the get-go, but do their "updates" as they are outed for having lied to the people - masking, distancing, severe side effects of the mRNA vaccines, they knew ALL of that, and anyone that can use "Google" has known this for some time.

I don't think the issue was with the link that the OP used, but that when one disagrees, it pays to do some research, prior to a rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.