Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 06:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't understand how Trump can do this without Brown's OK. What am I missing? Isn't the NG state controlled?
Gov. will likely object being he is a supporter and lover of illegals and criminals.

The NG in other states will free up BP agents to be sent in to Ca.
The Governor by his own actions will get what he doesn't want. The man is an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 06:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Gov. will likely object being he is a supporter and lover of illegals and criminals.

The NG in other states will free up BP agents to be sent in to Ca.
The Governor by his own actions will get what he doesn't want. The man is an idiot.
Brown rot...

Old 04-04-2018, 06:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
The site of military trucks, green tents and real soldiers walking around with guns is more of a deterrent than couple of cops riding in Explorers up and down the border every other day.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Notice how they are connected.

Its not uncommon to put things in trade agreements that are not directly related to the exchange of goods.
TPP was noted for a few pages dealing with actual trade of goods and more than 95 % of the 5,000 pages dealing with other issues. Issues like how multinational companies can disregard our laws and impose their will on citizens.

Including border security issues in a new NAFTA agreement makes good sense and putting the NG on the border sends the message the US is serious about controlling the border. Mexico will have to be more serious about their responsibility on our shared border if they want to trade.
Alternatively they could just start trading with China more, and join China and Canada in telling us to get stuffed.

But I do appreciate the response. And you could be right that Trumps going to try and leverage it all. I just dont think its going to work as he hopes.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar;51520523[QUOTE
]Alternatively they could just start trading with China more, and join China and Canada in telling us to get stuffed.
Explain how to two countries, who exploit their own low wage workforce, will replace the largest consumer nation on the planet and create a better market.

Quote:
But I do appreciate the response. And you could be right that Trumps going to try and leverage it all. I just dont think its going to work as he hopes.
Many don't think it has worked to the advantage of American workers. Trump campaigned on these issues and was elected to shake things up by trying something different. He is making good on what he said he would do. Hogs at the trough don't like it or anything that is different and threatens their power.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:47 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you would be hard pressed to declare a emergency here.
Oh I agree. But who says no to Les Enfant Terrible?

Old 04-04-2018, 07:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm glad he did it. Hopefully it sticks but I'd expect the liberals to lose their minds over this one. What's really funny is all I've been reading (on here) today is how Trump can't do what he just did.
LOVE IT!
I think it depends on how the National Guard handles it.

If they do their job....process the assylum seekers as US law lays out -- why should folks get upset.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Looks like -- as predicted by the Mexican Ambassador yesterday, the group is dispersing and will stop in Mexico City.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...de-within-days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.9601f988ea1e

Old 04-04-2018, 08:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Looks like -- as predicted by the Mexican Ambassador yesterday, the group is dispersing and will stop in Mexico City.
And they mocked Trump's tweets and kept referring to it as a "caravan", in quotation marks. Now we know that it was indeed a caravan and a single tweet turned them around. What did Obama do?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
HappyRider that pic is astounding.....

There are not many things I agree with that Trump does, but he absolutely has the authority and right to defend to our border. I am glad he is sending the national guard to our southern border it will not only be helpful but send a loud and clear message that we are not tolerating a swarm of people flooding our country for asylum.

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 04-04-2018 at 10:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies