Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 AM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And as others have mentioned, what on earth does this have to do with retirement? Did you not notice what the name is of this forum?
You can vent about silly unimportant political things all day long, but do it in the correct forum. You might actually find someone who cares.

I am just responding to the op question. If the retirement forum isn’t supposed to include concerns by retired people or subjects you disapprove of let the admins know since it bothers you

Old 04-05-2018, 06:47 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Why stop at USPS? Every VA Hospital that I've been in has the POTUS's picture. I could be mistaken, I'll check the next time, but I believe the local DMV has them as well.

The framed pictures are not campaign posters, BTW. They're pictures of who the American people elected through the democratic process. It has been nearly a year and half. Time to face reality.

There's a snowflakish feel to the OP's gripe.
I guess "snowflakes" can come in all ages. I was going to mention the VA as well, I work right next to a VA Hospital and sometimes walk through the main entrance, the OP should probably avoid VA Hospitals, that big picture of Trump on the wall might cause a panic attack!

Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 AM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Whoever is in charge of the government gets their picture up. It's no more complicated than that.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:52 AM

309 posts, read 195,971 times
Child: What's a Post Office?

Adult: It's a place where people pay money to send e-mails made out of paper.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:54 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Post offices are not supposed to display photos according to their own policyOFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM POSTAL SERVICE:

Although employees are allowed to display official photographs in their individual work stations under the Hatch Act, the United States Postal Service has a policy that prohibits the display of pictures of any President (incumbent or former) in postal lobbies at any time. United States Postal Service Postal Operations Manual Section 124.55 Prohibited Postings provides as follows:

Except for official postal and other governmental notices and announcements, no handbills, flyers, pamphlets, signs, posters, placards, or other literature may be deposited on the grounds, walks, driveways, parking and maneuvering areas; exteriors of buildings and other structures; or on the floors, walks, stairs, racks, counters, desks, writing tables, window ledges, or furnishings in interior public areas on postal premises. This prohibition does not apply to posting notices on bulletin boards as authorized by 39 CFR 243.2 or to interior space assigned to tenants for their exclusive use. Bulletin boards and other posting space in Post Office lobbies and other public access areas may not be used for posting or display of the following:

a. Private business or nonprofit organization advertisements.
b. Photographs of an incumbent or former U.S. President or Postmaster General.
c. Photographs or likenesses of any elected officials.
d. Political cartoons or other matter designed to influence an election.
e. Religious symbols or matter including but not limited to nativity scenes and the Star of David. This section applies to seasonal displays by the Postal Services, its employees and agents, and nothing in this section prohibits the display of stamps and stamp art or use of secular holiday decorations such as evergreen trees (provided that only nonreligious ornaments are used), menorahs (when displayed in conjunction with other seasonal matter), wreaths, holly, candy canes, Santa Claus, dreidels, and Kwanzaa symbols such as mkeka (a straw mat), kikombe cha umoja (unity cup), or mishumaa saba (a seven–place candle holder with three red, three green, and one black candle). Printed expressions “Season’s Greetings,” and “Happy Holidays” must be used in lieu of “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Hanukkah.”

Any Post Offices that still display photos of elected officials are technically in violation of official policy.

https://www.21cpw.com/at-the-post-of...dents-allowed/
Perhaps they could legislate that we can also hang fake Time Magazine covers too?

Old 04-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I guess "snowflakes" can come in all ages. I was going to mention the VA as well, I work right next to a VA Hospital and sometimes walk through the main entrance, the OP should probably avoid VA Hospitals, that big picture of Trump on the wall might cause a panic attack!
Kind of like people whining on about others whining and one wonders who the snowflakes are . Loved the t shirt though

Old 04-05-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Perhaps they could legislate that we can also hang fake Time Magazine covers too?

Sure, let the post office know.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
I remember the post office where it was small, efficient, and with not so long lines. You knew the people behind the station and they knew you. It was a place of a subtle feeling of that we were all in this together.
That's how it is in this town and one of the reasons why I never think of moving. Well, the lines may be long but we know each other.

Quote:
I will not, as a boomer, purchase services where the people in such a place of political power place their faces on the walls.
Well, to each their own.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Guy View Post

Ha ha, good one.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Guy View Post

Now that's cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies