Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 03:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Do you need a definition of the word, or do you simply not understand the concept?
No, I think his question is legitimate. Democrats have had no lack of women in the Party. The problem is that they are all extreme Leftist nut jobs.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,850,635 times
Quote:
I'm saying that his election motivated women across the country in numbers we've never seen before. Did you somehow miss the millions of women who took to the streets? I'm giving Trump props for fostering in the era of women. He didn't mean to, of course, but that's one of the unintended consequences of his election.
I would think just pure interest in being part of the political system would be motivation, not some wayward "revenge". Women for decades have had the opportunity to do so, and what happens when Trump is out of office, they slink back and not run for office? Due to so many not actually being interested except for the reason Trump is in office?

Reminds me of the women's soccer hype, where they hyped it up, women hopped aboard the train because "we are women" and when the hype went away, the view numbers dropped like a rock, all because the women were not actually ever interested in soccer, they just did it as part of a fad.

Quote:
For the same reason Sandy Hook didn't result in the kind of movement we're seeing now on the issue of gun violence. Because we hadn't reached the tipping point yet.

And now we have.
No, the protests for the gun violence is just part of the overall anti-Trump BS. If Hillary was in office, you would not have seen it, just as we did not see this with mass shooting under Obama.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,097,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, I think his question is legitimate. Democrats have had no lack of women in the Party. The problem is that they are all extreme Leftist nut jobs.
Underrepresented means exactly that. Less than 20 percent of Congress is female, even though women make up more than 50 percent of the population.

There, do you understand it now, or do I need to type more slowly for you?

I can see this thread really triggered you.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that his election motivated women across the country in numbers we've never seen before. Did you somehow miss the millions of women who took to the streets? I'm giving Trump props for fostering in the era of women. He didn't mean to, of course, but that's one of the unintended consequences of his election.
"The era of women!" Yeah, just like Hillary said, huh?

LOL!!! Are you talking about the recent "March for our Lives?" Did you listen to any of those wackos? They are clueless. They wouldn't know an AR-15 from a cap pistol, and they certainly are not educated on our Constitution.

As women, "concerned with the lives of children," why aren't they as concerned with the thousands that are killed daily by abortion? Their "concern" doesn't impress me one bit. They are hypocrites.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:29 PM

We're not dealing with a rational, thinking person here.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Underrepresented means exactly that. Less than 20 percent of Congress is female, even though women make up more than 50 percent of the population.

There, do you understand it now, or do I need to type more slowly for you?

I can see this thread really triggered you.
Nothing has stopped women from running for office. That is their choice. If they are underrepresented, that is on them and not running, or when they do, not having a quality candidate that gets elected.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would think just pure interest in being part of the political system would be motivation, not some wayward "revenge". Women for decades have had the opportunity to do so, and what happens when Trump is out of office, they slink back and not run for office? Due to so many not actually being interested except for the reason Trump is in office?
People get motivated to run for office for all sorts of reasons. Trump happens to be the impetus for many women deciding to throw their hats into the ring. This is not a difficult concept to accept. I don't understand why so many here are having such a hard time with this.

Quote:
No, the protests for the gun violence is just part of the overall anti-Trump BS. If Hillary was in office, you would not have seen it, just as we did not see this with mass shooting under Obama.
What BS. Americans have been growing increasingly angry about the nonstop slaughter, and like every social movement before it, it reaches a tipping point and then change happens. It has nothing to do with Trump.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
People get motivated to run for office for all sorts of reasons. Trump happens to be the impetus for many women deciding to throw their hats into the ring. This is not a difficult concept to accept. I don't understand why so many here are having such a hard time with this.
So it is just about Trump and not about wanting to be involved in the political process of holding an elected office?

Quote:
What BS. Americans have been growing increasingly angry about the nonstop slaughter, and like every social movement before it, it reaches a tipping point and then change happens. It has nothing to do with Trump.
It was all about Trump. If Hillary was president, these marches would not have happened, just as they did not happen under Obama. There was no tipping point, just more drummed up reasons to protest Trump.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
So it is just about Trump and not about wanting to be involved in the political process of holding an elected office?
I can't speak to the motivation of every single woman who has decided to run. Perhaps many have had an interest, but not the motivation until now. It happens to many people in many different things--something happens that finally pushes them forward. It seems Trump is that thing for many women.

Quote:
It was all about Trump. If Hillary was president, these marches would not have happened, just as they did not happen under Obama. There was no tipping point, just more drummed up reasons to protest Trump.
Well, Trump believes everything is all about him, but he--and you--are wrong when it comes to this issue. Why did it take 100 years after the end of the Civil War for blacks to rise up and demand civil rights? Things happen when the time is right for them to happen. That's the way every social movement has begun.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:24 PM

20,351 posts, read 19,962,643 times
Quote:
.......Do these women expect other women to automatically vote for them due to they are women?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies