Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:57 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
for starters, I wouldn't attempt to post something from townhall.com and then pretend that the story it portrays should be treated as factual. And I really don't know what your "cult of Obama" comment is about. Democrats liked him, yes. Black and brown people in particular, all around the world, seemed to get rather excited about a nonwhite American president. To some people that was symbolic of ... something. But he was still just a guy with a job, and that job was to be president.

Now if you want to actually talk about the video, and what Bernie actually said, that's different. But you don't seem to have mentioned anything from it.
It’s a widely supported story, WP has a paywall for lots of people so I chose TH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
President Obama had his hands tied by both the GOP led congress and the Pentagon. He tried to walk the thin line of leadership and diplomacy in the face of continuous adversity.

IMO

He was a very good president considering the obstacles placed brfore him. At heart, he's a good person.

That said, I think that Bernie would make an excellent leader. He not only would set the standard in honest dedicated leadership for our country, but for the entire world!

Quite obviously you're an intelligent person. Don't expect too many responses of an equivalent stature from this board.
He degraded America every chance he got. Postage stamp legacy.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:03 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He degraded America every chance he got.
You must really hate Trump then. He has denigrated everyone and everything about America (everything is a 'disaster'), oh except for Putin. He loves Putin.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He degraded America every chance he got. Postage stamp legacy.
Utterly delusional response!

Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You must really hate Trump then. He has denigrated everyone and everything about America (everything is a 'disaster'), oh except for Putin. He loves Putin.
What did Trump say negative about America?

Old 04-05-2018, 05:05 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
So I read the article and fail to see where Bernie angered Dems.
He said of Obama :

"because Obama was a uniquely "extraordinary candidate" and "brilliant man."

Was the OP reading the same article?

Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
HUH??
Obama not only had a majority to work with in congress, he had a super majority his first two years.
He could have gotten anything he wanted.
Wow a whole 2 years out of 8 !

Old 04-05-2018, 05:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
It’s a widely supported story
Oh is it?

Old 04-05-2018, 05:23 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
the cheeto obviously believes the country is mediocre at best.

it's right there in maga.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:26 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Are you joking? How about calling all 17 Federal intelligence agencies incompetent liars, just for openers? He took Putin's word that he never interfered with the election over his 17 intelligence agencies -- several times! A complete and total embarrassment to this nation of ours. And of course they were right, btw. But he's never apologized for that.

Schools? He's continually called them a disaster. I have kids in school, they're not. But of course he's setting them up to be privatized so he and his cronies get kickbacks.

He even called the Whitehouse a dump when he moved in. White House Staff Angry Donald Trump Called It a 'Dump' | Time

He called our military weak. Now it calls it great, as if he did anything to change it in the past year. https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2...ay-s-military/

He's called everyone in his cabinet idiots at one time or another, and fired over a third of them already. But hey, he hires only the best, right?

He calls ex-presidents names. What kind of president does that?

How about insulting military heroes? "I like soldiers who weren't captured". Remember that one?

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure others will add.

Your turn. How has Obama insulted America? Feel free to provide references, as I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies