Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an INSIDE JOB?!
1: YES: It was an Inside Job 62 38.04%
2: No: Al-Qaeeda Did it 95 58.28%
3: Let me do a little research first before deciding. 6 3.68%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:47 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
The official story of 9/11 is the most absurd conspiracy theory I have ever heard.
April 18, 1983 - A car bomb takes out the U.S. embassy in Beirut. Was that also a government conspiracy?

October 23, 1983 - A truck bomb kills 241 Marines at a military base in Lebanon. Was that also a government conspiracy?

December 12, 1983 - Truck bombers attack the U.S. embassy in Kuwait City. Was that also a government conspiracy?

September 20, 1984 - A truck bomb goes off outside a U.S. embassy annex in Beirut. Was that also a government conspiracy?

December 21, 1988 - A Pan-Am 747 en route to New York is blown up mid-flight. Was that also a government conspiracy?

February 26, 1993 - First WTC bombing. (Bill Clinton was President) Was that also a government conspiracy?

November 13, 1995 - A car bomb explodes at the U.S. military headquarters in Riyadh. (Bill Clinton was President) Was that also a government conspiracy?

June 25, 1996 - A truck bomb exploded at the Khobar Towers military complex in Dhahran. (Bill Clinton was President) Was that also a government conspiracy?

August 7, 1998 - Truck bombs explode at two U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. (Bill Clinton was President) Was that also a government conspiracy?

October 12, 2000 - An explosives laden boat blows a hole in the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen. (Bill Clinton was President) Was that also a government conspiracy?

Quote:
The official story of 9/11 is the most absurd conspiracy theory I have ever heard.
I feel bad for you. I feel bad for anyone who's so filled with hate and so gullible that they'll believe whatever they're spoon-fed as long as the people feeding them have the same level of hatred directed at the same group of people.

The events that took place on September 11, 2001 are the most written about and thoroughly investigated in the history of the world. If it happened as a result of some elaborate conspiracy on the part of the U.S. government, someone would have leaked it, declared it on their death bed or actually provided proof that it was the case. Nobody's done that yet, and after having done my own research, I'm in agreement with "the official story". It has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. I guess that leaves only the unreasonable to be doubting it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 PM

I just had to point this out...
Quote:
My top five reasons...

1. Secret Service...

2. No clear, concise footage...

3. You are telling me some rag tag shmucks...

3. Insider Trading...

4. Bush and Cheney refusing to testify...

5. I could write about 50 of these... but I'll stop at five.
If we can't trust you to count to five without screwing up, how are we supposed to take anything you have to say seriously??

Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I do know someone who SAW parts of the aircraft that crashed into the Pentagon.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 PM

478 posts, read 959,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
#1, why would anyone believe Bush was under threat because a plane flew into a building no where near him?
#2, The pentagon actually is no where near the most heavily serveilled, in fact its the less.. You cant even get a decent satellite image of the building but you sure can see the pool in my back yard...
#3, Insider trading happens every single day.. Please point out evidence that it was higher then norm.
#4, and?
#5, ooh that wasnt really a reason...
C'mon, PGH' baby... you really believe these guys?

YouTube - Bush Questioned about 9/11 Commission

YouTube - Bush saw 1st plane hit WTC on 9/11

YouTube - Bush says Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11

YouTube - Cheney: I never linked Iraq with 9/11. Oh really?

YouTube - 9/11 Coincidences (Part Seventeen)

Old 03-27-2008, 10:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
C'mon, PGH' baby... you really believe these guys?
I believe the person who saw plane parts and flames from jet fuel in the Pentagon

Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 PM

402 posts, read 1,016,207 times
This thread is utterly ridiculous. My son believes in zombies just he is reading a non-fiction book on them. You can't believe everything you read and hear.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:20 PM

402 posts, read 1,016,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I just had to point this out...

If we can't trust you to count to five without screwing up, how are we supposed to take anything you have to say seriously??
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great one!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I feel bad for you. I feel bad for anyone who's so filled with hate and so gullible that they'll believe whatever they're spoon-fed as long as the people feeding them have the same level of hatred directed at the same group of people.

The events that took place on September 11, 2001 are the most written about and thoroughly investigated in the history of the world. If it happened as a result of some elaborate conspiracy on the part of the U.S. government, someone would have leaked it, declared it on their death bed or actually provided proof that it was the case. Nobody's done that yet, and after having done my own research, I'm in agreement with "the official story". It has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. I guess that leaves only the unreasonable to be doubting it...
Listing events in which Americans were victimized does not add to your argument. Every one of those events is entirely plausible and has considerable historical precedent. Bombs go off, people attack ships, planes crash...nothing unusual or extraordinary.

The events of 9/11 were both unprecedented and illogical. Who would crash planes into buildings in order to bring them down? And do it three times on the same day? I mean, boy, were those terrorists lucky they picked the right three buildings to fall, and not even need a plane for the third one! What are the odds such an event would happen at the exact same time our military was playing anti-terrorist war games? Why fly a plane into the only side of the Pentagon that had been reinforced for just such a possibility? What are the odds the plane crash would not even break the glass in the adjacent windows? Why would the media widely report the initial reaction of bin Laden was one of surprise and awe and then later blame him for masterminding the event?

As far as I know nothing approximating these absurdities occurred for the events you list. "Thoroughly investigated" is subjective. A 1000-page analysis may seem impressive, but several hundred questions were not addressed by the 9/11 Commission. Let's not forget that the government fought all investigations tooth and nail and still refuses to address people's legitimate concerns.

The reason why no one has provided proof on their death bed is that almost no one knows the truth. If you are successful using deceptive practices, you master them by letting everyone involved only know a small portion of the puzzle and ensure that none of them ever acquires enough pieces to put the big picture together on their own. That is how the world is run today. That is how the world operates. That is how realities are controlled and manipulated. That's why asking these uncomfortable questions is entirely reasonable.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 AM

I promised myself that I wouldn't waste my time by getting very involved in this thread, but I just can't resist. You're simply too much fun to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Listing events in which Americans were victimized does not add to your argument. Every one of those events is entirely plausible and has considerable historical precedent. Bombs go off, people attack ships, planes crash...nothing unusual or extraordinary.
You realize how silly you sound, right? You just admitted that "planes crash." There's nothing particularly extraordinary about what the terrorists did on 9/11, either, other than the impact it had on this country and global politics. As for the acts themselves, they were hardly rocket scientist challenges. Identify weaknesses in airport/aircraft security, exploit those weaknesses to gain control of an aircraft and fly it into a building. Not particularly challenging for a well funded group of individuals who are willing to end their lives to make it happen.

Quote:
The events of 9/11 were both unprecedented and illogical.
They were neither unprecedented nor illogical. Undeserved and evil, certainly, but not illogical as a means to an end, and certainly not unprecedented. Ever hear of "Kamikaze" pilots?

Oh, you meant commercial aircraft?

EgyptAir 990, crashed October 31, 1999
Quote:
Suicidal pilot brought down flight 990 killing 217 people ... the words of the plane's 59-year-old co-pilot on the cockpit voice recorder were those of a man saying a farewell prayer. As the aircraft was heading for the Atlantic, 50 miles off Nantucket Island, Gamil al-Batouti said: "Tawakilt ala Allah" or "I put my faith in God". Then the captain, Ahmed al-Habashi, who is thought to have left the cockpit, returned to say "pull up" or "help me".
There are other examples - I came across a pretty good list of them not long after 9/11, while doing some research. There were incidents involving pilots flying planes - private and commercial - into mountains, bodies of water, and yes, even buildings in order to end their lives. Sorry, but saying it was "unprecedented" is naive and/or ignorant.

Quote:
Who would crash planes into buildings in order to bring them down?
Their intent wasn't to bring them down - they didn't think the towers would collapse. I guess it was just a "bonus" for them.

Quote:
And do it three times on the same day?
Do you know nothing of al Qaeda's tactics? Multiple, simultaneous attacks is their trademark. See Kenya/Tanzania above if you really need an example.

Quote:
Why fly a plane into the only side of the Pentagon that had been reinforced for just such a possibility?
Funny you should bring that up - I was talking to my girl about this thread after I submitted my last post (ok, I admit it - we were laughing at you) and I brought up exactly this fact. Do you think they just drew straws to pick the first side to reinforce or something? Of course not - they (properly) identified the most likely side to be targeted, based on accessibility, possible flight paths, obstacles, etc. If you just apply a little common sense and logic, it's pretty obvious.

Quote:
Why would the media widely report the initial reaction of bin Laden was one of surprise and awe and then later blame him for masterminding the event?
Since you simply stated "the media" without providing an actual report to view or peruse, I can't comment on whatever report you saw, but as I said above, they weren't expecting to take the towers down. Yes, the MOD CUT was pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
"Thoroughly investigated" is subjective. A 1000-page analysis may seem impressive, but several hundred questions were not addressed by the 9/11 Commission.
Did I mention the 9/11 Commission once? Don't bother looking - I can answer for you. No, I didn't.

One doesn't need to be part of a "commission" to investigate something. Every reporter in the world was investigating this - all of them wanting to be the next Woodward or Bernstein. More news articles were written about it than anything else - ever. Were they all just copies of each other? Of course not - they were articles written by journalists investigating the events. There are a remarkable number of books written about it - a search on Amazon.com for "9/11" returns almost 300,000 results in the "Books" category.

No, sorry. "Thoroughly investigated" is not subjective in this instance. There can be no doubt that more investigation has been done on this than any other single event in history. Period.

Quote:
Let's not forget that the government fought all investigations tooth and nail and still refuses to address people's legitimate concerns.
What "people"? People like you? I don't blame them. Responding to such tripe is not only a waste of time and government resources, but it would give these insane theories air that is neither justified nor required.

Quote:
The reason why no one has provided proof on their death bed is that almost no one knows the truth.
If these events happened as a result of a conspiracy such as the one you're promoting, there would be THOUSANDS of people involved, many of which would be civilians.

Quote:
If you are successful using deceptive practices, you master them by letting everyone involved only know a small portion of the puzzle and ensure that none of them ever acquires enough pieces to put the big picture together on their own. That is how the world is run today. That is how the world operates. That is how realities are controlled and manipulated. That's why asking these uncomfortable questions is entirely reasonable.
Dude, put down the bong and turn off the X-Files. Seriously.

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-28-2008 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: language

Old 03-28-2008, 01:48 AM

66 posts, read 81,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Great post....but you're butting your head against the gullible who believe everything Big Brother tells them. Why, some even think that there was NO planning (conspiracies don't exist) for the attack on the WTC ! They think it was just happenstance !!!
Why are you and many others confusing a tactical operation with a conspiracy? If al-Qaeda did do it then it's not a conspiracy especially in the context of "an inside job". They are at war with us and we're now at war with them and they simply planned an operation and carried it out. Many of their operations are foiled by our law enforcement agencies and various federal agencies(these get far less press than the successes because they're less dramatic) but using the word conspiracy to equate terrorists (who are expert at remaining covert or they wind up dead/in prison) with our government by twisting the connotation of the conspiracy word is disingenuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies