Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:03 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You certainly are that.

"Privilege" in this context does not mean economic privilege, but social privilege; not "rules", but practice. Such as:

White men don't have to worry about being stopped by cops while driving for less-than-minor violations ("your taillight is out").
White men don't have to worry about being shot by cops if they get pulled over while driving.
White boys' mothers don't have to instruct them to be submissive to cops, or to allow cops to abuse them physically without protest.
White men don't get shot by cops for holding a cell phone in one hand.
White men don't have to worry about being overly scrutinized if they enter a convenience store while wearing a hoodie and sunglasses.
White men don't have to wonder if their hair or skin color is the reason they didn't get a job.

No one's asking you to do anything about it; just asking that you be aware of it.
All nonsense right from the beginning .

Cops pull over plenty of whites for burned out headlights/taillights

These are all just myths .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 08:08 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,786,558 times
Quote:
You certainly are that.

"Privilege" in this context does not mean economic privilege, but social privilege; not "rules", but practice. Such as:

White men don't have to worry about being stopped by cops while driving for less-than-minor violations ("your taillight is out").
White men don't have to worry about being shot by cops if they get pulled over while driving.
White boys' mothers don't have to instruct them to be submissive to cops, or to allow cops to abuse them physically without protest.
White men don't have to worry about being overly scrutinized if they enter a convenience store while wearing a hoodie and sunglasses.
White men don't have to wonder if their hair or skin color is the reason they didn't get a job.

No one's asking you to do anything about it; just asking that you be aware of it.
Everything you said is incorrect. That you are wrong on every single point is remarkable.
More whites are shot by police than blacks.
Of course whites are taught to comply with law enforcement.
Again more white people get shot by police than blacks. You're repeating an incorrect point you already made.
Yes whites are scrutinized when they enter a convenience store while wearing a hoodie and sunglasses which is rare.
Yes whites wonder if Affirmative Action stole their job and gave it to someone less qualified.

And to the point of your last statement. You're not aware of much if one judges you by your post.

How about focusing on the cause of why blacks and hispanics commit most of the crime as well as why whites commit crime? But then you'd have to deal with single parenthood and the false cries of racism would be exposed. We can't have that can we?

Old 04-06-2018, 08:12 AM

77,973 posts, read 60,153,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the OP, Letterman said...

Who believes he ever had confidence in Trump in the first place?
It was clearly a joke. They've disliked each other since probably the 1980's

Old 04-06-2018, 08:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,656,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
All nonsense right from the beginning .

Cops pull over plenty of whites for burned out headlights/taillights

These are all just myths .
I'm actually surprised at how many people out there think that "cops don't mess with white people"

When I was a teenager I had to lay face down on the pavement while the cops took the insides out of the seats of my car, taking the entire interior apart, because they were certain a 16 year old white kid was smuggling drugs.

I'll grant that black people have it worse, but it is a complete myth that "this doesn't happen to white people"

Old 04-06-2018, 08:15 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,727,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I don't agree with him, but he has the right to say whatever he wants, just like White Nationalists and BLM can.
Yes, of course people in free societies have the right to express their opinions.
Quote:
Though I often disagree strongly, I try my hardest not to judge anyone for their opinions or beliefs.
Why not? Those are exactly the kinds of things people should be judged for.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:15 AM

Would JayZ be interested in having a national conversation on why so much crime is committed in the black community including murder ? Why so many kids are born out of wedlock ?

These are realities versus the feel good fantasy of white privilege .

Although I’m sure he would blame the problems of the black community on whites .

Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,595,597 times
Quote:
You certainly are that.

Are you genuinely this ignorant or are you just being dishonest?

Old 04-06-2018, 08:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,656,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Are you genuinely this ignorant or are you just being dishonest?
a LOT of people believe the same things she does. i don't really know why

maybe it is a regional thing. Maybe there are parts of the country where 99% of people are white and also the cops are just nicer? idk. Definitely not where I'm from, though, I can say that.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:20 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,963,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'm actually surprised at how many people out there think that "cops don't mess with white people"

When I was a teenager I had to lay face down on the pavement while the cops took the insides out of the seats of my car, taking the entire interior apart, because they were certain a 16 year old white kid was smuggling drugs.

Not to mention I've been pulled by black cops multiple times for things like expired tags, or taillight being out.

I'll grant that black people have it worse, but it is a complete myth that "this doesn't happen to white people"
Same... was stopped at a gas station with my friends. They took us out, ripped the car apart. Found nothing . Gave me a "warning"... it happens to everyone.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:20 AM

I’ve heard JayZ rap about “crackers “ he’s also made anti Semitic comments but gets a pass by the media .

Trump has never said the N word to my knowledge I’m sure we’d be hearing about it 24/7 like the Billy Bush thing from ages ago .

Why is JayZ talking about the N word if Trump never said it.

Why is he criticizing Trump when he hasn’t said anything negative about blacks and black unemployment is at all time lows ?

Sounds like he’s spreading fake news and the media is allowing him to do so .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies