Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

I'm watching the interview. Good for Letterman for calling Trump out. Jayz is an articulate man that has changed his life to make other lives better. Good for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No they just hate cops and whites .
Only a bigot moron would believe that.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Bigot ? You mean like wanting to hold blacks only meetings in public libraries ?

You mean like telling whites and white journalists to “go to the back “?

You mean like leaders of BLM making public statements that they want to kill whites .

BLM only has themselves to blame for all that .

Old 04-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Do some research on BLM .. then get back to us

- Protesters in a Black Lives Matter march held outside the Minnesota State Fair over the weekend were captured on video yelling "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," a statement that some law enforcement members viewed as targeting police officers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pigs-in...-riles-police/

Old 04-06-2018, 05:11 PM

Jayz’s 6 year old daughter has a personal shopper and stylist

How many “white kids “ have that ?

(CNN)Blue Ivy Carter is only 6 years old, but she is already way cooler than the rest of us.

The daughter of superstars Beyoncé and Jay-Z has a stylist and personal shopper, her mother's rep confirmed to Women's Wear Daily.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/enter...ist/index.html

Old 04-06-2018, 05:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Jay-Z: Trump Forcing Us to

Spoken by a guy who's worth hundreds of millions. I guess the irony escapes the former drug dealer.
I was gonna say, whenever Jay-Z, or any other multi-millionaire Hollywood types that don't live in the real world start opening their mouth with their stupid f*cking opinions, feel free to laugh at them and do or think the exact opposite and you'll probably be alright.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:03 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You certainly are that.

"Privilege" in this context does not mean economic privilege, but social privilege; not "rules", but practice. Such as:

White men don't have to worry about being stopped by cops while driving for less-than-minor violations ("your taillight is out").
White men don't have to worry about being shot by cops if they get pulled over while driving.
White boys' mothers don't have to instruct them to be submissive to cops, or to allow cops to abuse them physically without protest.
White men don't get shot by cops for holding a cell phone in one hand.
White men don't have to worry about being overly scrutinized if they enter a convenience store while wearing a hoodie and sunglasses.
White men don't have to wonder if their hair or skin color is the reason they didn't get a job.

No one's asking you to do anything about it; just asking that you be aware of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

By all means, refute away.
Obvious falsehoods don't need refuting.

Thousands upon thousands of white us citizens are arrested every year.
Hundreds of the deaths as a result of a police shooting, in 2017 to current were white.

White males literally face written employment policies that create a situation where they wonder if their skin color is the reason they didn't get a job.

Low income males of every color are "overly scrutinized" comparably in every classification by any group.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:07 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I'm watching the interview. Good for Letterman for calling Trump out. Jayz is an articulate man that has changed his life to make other lives better. Good for him!
Does anyone else here think that KayAnn246 is racist? I do.
If anyone cares to discuss this with me....I mean....isn't it likely that it's true?

Old 04-06-2018, 07:12 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Does anyone else here think that KayAnn246 is racist? I do.
If anyone cares to discuss this with me....I mean....isn't it likely that it's true?
Is it because of the "articulate" comment?

I recall this comment drew ire:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Old 04-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Jay Z recently bought an $88 million mansion in L.A

He must think that all white men live in $100 + million mansions .

Jay-Z and Beyoncé put down roots in L.A. with $88-million splash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies