Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Perhaps partly because the left wants to massively import Muslims whose views on homosexuality make pretty much any US Republican look like a champion of gay rights.
Nice attempt at a spin, but no cigar.

This thread is a perfect example of one of the major differences between the Republicans and the Democrats. Republicans thump that Bible and twist it to justify hating anyone who is different. Doesn't matter if you are gay, black, brown, Muslim, Mexican, Jewish, or what, if you are not an old white man, you are excluded from their club.

We Democrats realize that all humans should have the same rights, and respect, as every other human. Where they try to exclude you, we welcome you with open arms.

So, come on over, Gay Republicans, you won't be banned from our rallies !

Old 04-19-2018, 05:51 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Its time for them to become the "Log Cabin Democrats." Being rejected 20 times is proof the GOP wants no part of LGBTQ. The group needs need to reject them.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:08 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
This is a good article:

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/sta...cbQb8ZGAVfZbN/

It notes that there are around 5,000 Log Cabin Republicans in Texas. Oddly, seems that all they really want is to set up a booth at the convention.

From the link:

"If the group were given a booth, Baker said they would have explained that the group supports 90 percent of the party platform, from gun rights to fiscal conservatism, with the exception of issues relating to LGBT rights."

Yet, here was one reason for rejecting the booth:

"Tanya Robertson, of Senate District 11 of southeast Houston, turned around a phrase most often associated with the Democratic party and plead with members to keep the convention a “safe space.”

“With the hundreds of pages that we have working there, these children are hit with this lifestyle on every screen that they have: their phone, their computer, the TVs,” Robertson said. “I’ve heard the word safe spaces. We should be their safe space.”

Given the number of Christian evangelists that are members of the Texas Republican convention, if I were Ms. Robertson, I would keep an eye on them when they are around the young pages.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
As a Texan, A Republican and the father of a gay son... this is wrong.

The Gay group should have a booth at the convention and their voice should be heard.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As a Texan, A Republican and the father of a gay son... this is wrong.

The Gay group should have a booth at the convention and their voice should be heard.
They're in the wrong party if they want either of these things. The GOP is not being coy here. They are telling gay people exactly what they think of them, and have been doing so for 20 years now. When a party tells you who they are, believe them.

Gay people should just accept that the Republican party loathes them. Why would anyone want to belong to a party that thinks they have no value? Get a little self-esteem, Log Cabin, and move to the party that welcomes you with open arms. That is never going to be the party of white, straight, pretend Christians.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They're in the wrong party if they want either of these things. The GOP is not being coy here. They are telling gay people exactly what they think of them, and have been doing so for 20 years now. When a party tells you who they are, believe them.

Gay people should just accept that the Republican party loathes them. Why would anyone want to belong to a party that thinks they have no value? Get a little self-esteem, Log Cabin, and move to the party that welcomes you with open arms. That is never going to be the party of white, straight, pretend Christians.
The radical Dem party has gotten so far to the left even many moderate Gays probably feel they are too progressive. Many gays don't like where the Obama and Hillary have taken the D party.

Dems have put Illegals ahead of the LGBT platform. Why would a Gay person support such a radical progressive party as the Democrats?

I do agree Repubs need to welcome all individuals.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:29 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
Log Cabin Republicans are like the Jews that worked for the Nazis in exchange for special treatment. Every time I hear about them, I think about the Chappelle skit with the blind black man that was a white supremacist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oXFmuUHLQ

Last edited by shorman; 04-19-2018 at 07:40 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
The radical Dem party has gotten so far to the left even many moderate Gays probably feel they are too progressive. Many gays don't like where the Obama and Hillary have taken the D party.

Dems have put Illegals ahead of the LGBT platform. Why would a Gay person support such a radical progressive party as the Democrats?

The Log Cabin gays are attempting to join a club that has effectively posted a huge sign on their door that says, "No Gays Allowed." A gay person wanting to get in is like a black person wanting to join the KKK. Why would they want to be a member of the party who demonizes gay people, calls them abominations, and attempts to keep them from enjoying the same rights as straight people?

A gay person who wants to be a Republican has serious self-worth issues. They must really hate themselves.

Last edited by JAMS14; 04-19-2018 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 07:57 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I totally understand why the TX GOP doesn't want them to have a booth
I totally don't understand why if you are LGBT or any other variation you would WANT to belong to the GOP--a political party that HATES your sexual orientation and with the rise of the evangelical Christian faction and alt-right will NEVER really accept anyone of that orientation openly...

See the movie "Philomena" about the Irish mother looking for her son, stolen from her And basically sold by the nuns running the Catholic home for unwed mothers she was living in-basically a work house. Her son was adopted along with a girl from the same house by couple in United States--he knew he was adopted--returned to orphanage 3 times but nuns refused to tell him his mother's identity and his ashes are buried there in hopes she would find him.

She discovers his American life when she is taken there by English writer Martin Sixsmith following her for a story about locating her son..
Her son was gay but became senior counsel for the RNC--during Reagan and Bush I time...
Kept his sex life basically under wraps and died from AIDS...
True story--and very sad for many reasons but the GOP was not as rabid then as now...
I saw that movie too. It was very good.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:03 AM

900 posts, read 375,428 times
Quote:

bull****, most lgbt, from north to south east to west of this nation, adored the Obama family and government ... and vote in mass at the party

78 perhundred of the declared lgbt voted for hilary ...

lgbt supporting the republican party is and has always been a minority, virtually nonexistent in any lgbt cohabitation environment ..

I am gay I am married, I participate in many charity events, fundraising party, I go to several cities in the state to volunteer, and I have never met a Republican gay in all colorado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies