Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:18 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah that's the word.

Nice to see they are supporting the president.
Now if he would only start a war with Russia they would go all in trying to support him.
I don't think anyone with a brain wants to go to war with Russia. That would be catastrophic.

I did read another article about the sanctions now, and Trump made the following statement:
"We cannot allow those seeking to sow confusion, discord, and rancor to be successful."
It's a good Statement, but it sounds nothing like him.

I wish he would just come out and say something like; 'Those dirty Russians tried to interfere in our Democratic elections. While Putin couldn't win a fair election, I would have beaten crooked Hillary even if the Russians had been trying to help her instead. I had nothing to do with Russia's actions, but I eagerly await Ferris Mueller's findings to see if there were any traitors in our midst.'

A real Trump statement. The type that his base loves, and know is coming from his beliefs. Make it clear that Russia did wrong, so that at least we can move on from that.

I don't know why he has been so apprehensive to do so. It would not make him seem guilty, it would make him seem strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 12:19 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Making a public statement would certainly be something most Presidents with any loyalty to our nation would do.

The deadline for taking action on this legislation has long since passed. But better late than never.
How would that be defined ?
Presidents with any loyalty to our nation would do. What ?
Give billions to the largest state sponcer of terrorism.
Negotiate deals that gives everything and gets nothing. Is that loyalty to the nation or punishment ?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:32 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
I bet when someone is illiterate and drunk, 'praising' is interpreted as 'phrasing' in the talk to text program. LOL

Last edited by Oakformonday; 04-06-2018 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-06-2018, 01:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I bet when someone is illiterate and drunk, 'praising' is interpreted as 'phrasing' in the talk to text program. LOL
You missed the double "on". That is a paper grading error. Do your friends have their NARCAN® (naloxone HCl) Nasal Spray ?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:34 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Interesting thought.

They pounce on anything that looks unfavorable but on something favorable its lets "wait and see".

Do you think that maybe it has something to do with the liar and chief constantly changing his mind, never having anything negative to say about Putin, and not standing with our allies? Trust is earned, well at least by rational thinking people. Lies destroy trust and Trump is great at deception and lies.

As far as the sanctions go? I have to wait and see. Trump lies to suit his agenda. I'll believe it when I see it and then I will say Kudos. I agree that as our American president, Trump needs to stand up and say that Putin is wrong. I won't hold my breath.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Yeah that's the word.

Nice to see they are supporting the president.
Now if he would only start a war with Russia they would go all in trying to support him.
They loved him when he dropped tomahawks on Syria. But then the dust settled and tds rages on

Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
There will be a catch of some sort - there always is with Trump, and that's not even counting his laughably obvious Russian ties.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Will liberal MSM be phrasing Trump today ? Trump targets Moscow with new sanctions on 17 on oligarchs.

Sure they will. That's what they wanted. Trump to get tough with Russia. Right ?

Trump slaps sanctions on Russian oligarchs close to Putin | On Air Videos | Fox News
They are reporting on the story extensively -- does that stand as praise for you?

I haven't read an opinion piece on it yet.

Is reporting on it the praise you need or do you need anchors to step away from the facts as they read the news and say -- Oh I like this!!! Is that what you need as affirmation?

Old 04-07-2018, 12:42 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Will liberal MSM be phrasing Trump today ? Trump targets Moscow with new sanctions on 17 on oligarchs.

Sure they will. That's what they wanted. Trump to get tough with Russia. Right ?

Trump slaps sanctions on Russian oligarchs close to Putin | On Air Videos | Fox News
There is no "h" in the word "praising"

Old 04-07-2018, 12:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
What phrase do you want them to use?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies