Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyhill View Post
Ted tells it like it is unwashed and the libs go nuts. LOL. Londonistan is now banning knifes. LOL. This is what happens when you let in Muslims and immigrants whole sale.
LOL. Do you realize that Islam is one of the fastest-growing religions in the world, and the US is no exception? Do you know that Michigan (a conservative state) has one of the largest Arab populations, including Muslims, outside of the Middle East? Do you know that Hamtramk, Michigan, a section of Detroit originally settled by Polish immigrants, has for years had the Muslim call to prayer 5 times per day on loudspeaker?

I became a US citizen back in 2006, in Michigan. Even back then, I was one of perhaps a handful of new Americans of white, European ancestry in a room of approximately 125 people. The vast majority of my fellow new Americans were from ... Asia and the Middle East.

You really ought to educate yourself about our own country's immigration patterns before you make any comments about another country's.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 04-09-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The Middle East isn't a threat to my natural individual rights. The federal government of the United States poses the greatest single threat to my liberty....they always have, since before I was born. History proves time and again that people typically suffer way more at the hands of their own government than they do from a foreign invader/occupier.
Sure. All the excuses you tough-talking armchair warriors come up with to not serve your country -- the one you claim to love so much and want to defend -- and to not help US servicemen and women keep foreign invaders at bay so that you don't have to worry about them -- is amazing.

It's so much easier to amass and brag about an arsenal of weapons as a civilian than it is to pass a basic physical fitness exam (I'm figuring lots of you would be rejected at this point); and then survive 12 weeks of very demanding recruit training -- and that's just for starters. It's also pretty clear that, if you're so terrified of the US Govt and living in the suburbs, then you'd likely have a complete breakdown if you faced a combat zone overseas.

Yep. SO much easier to simply collect a bunch of guns, all while talking about "defense against tyranny."

Go put on a uniform and defend our country!

By the way, I assume you voted for the current government you feel is such a danger to your freedom? You're a Trump supporter?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 04-09-2018 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Let me know when Iraqis and Afghanis propose alterations to the constitution and carry out their will here on US soil...

Didn't think that one through completely...
Oh, yeah I did. See above.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:44 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
If a Muslim cleric made these threats, calling on his followers to shoot politicians, I guess no harm done because "words are just words"
Maybe that's because there's a few billion people on the planet that would take him seriously because their religion tells them to?

How many metal heads are going to go out and kill Liberal politicians at Uncle Ted's behest?

Old 04-09-2018, 02:32 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Sure. All the excuses you tough-talking armchair warriors come up with to not serve your country -- the one you claim to love so much and want to defend -- and to not help US servicemen and women keep foreign invaders at bay so that you don't have to worry about them -- is amazing.

It's so much easier to amass and brag about an arsenal of weapons as a civilian than it is to pass a basic physical fitness exam (I'm figuring lots of you would be rejected at this point); and then survive 12 weeks of very demanding recruit training -- and that's just for starters. It's also pretty clear that, if you're so terrified of the US Govt and living in the suburbs, then you'd likely have a complete breakdown if you faced a combat zone overseas.

Yep. SO much easier to simply collect a bunch of guns, all while talking about "defense against tyranny."

Go put on a uniform and defend our country!

By the way, I assume you voted for the current government you feel is such a danger to your freedom? You're a Trump supporter?
Interesting...
I didn't know Afghanistan and Iraq had naval carriers, and C130 sized planes to invade mainland USA. Could you point them out to us?

As for myself, I enlisted to the Marines at 17 following 9/11 and didn't make it through MEPS for a torn rotator cuff that clicks in my right shoulder that does not have any effect on my physical abilities other than the minor audible clunk when going through full motion...

Old 04-09-2018, 02:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I was.
So I have a thing or two to compare.

That's not the point.
The point is, is that the unnecessary suffering of that animal gave them thrill.

I don't want to "start a war."
I want karma ( or call it god) to take care of these worthless humans.
No they were not celebrating the suffering of the animal...
Apparently you don't hunt.

I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Old 04-09-2018, 02:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Another moronic statement from an individual who hides behind his arsenal, because he’s a weak, insecure little man, who couldn’t fight his way out of a soaked paper bag and would literally crap his pants if he actually had to say the incendiary garbage to someone’s face.

Just like the rest of the people who support him.

Free speech I suppose.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:24 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I didn't see god's name on the Constitution, and I don't recall anything about firearms in the Ten Commandments or the Beatitudes.

Can you refresh my memory on where the scripture is found to support your claim? Or did god tell you that directly...?
"God given" is not meant to be taken so literally. My considered opinion, having studied this issue extensively, that is.

It is more just an expression of the NATURAL RIGHTS with which humans are endowed by their Creator - meaning those that arise naturally or organically from whatever process resulted in the existence of Life.

Some people have called this God, others the Aether, others the heavens or the universe...whatever word peoples have used to describe this, is largely moot. The main point of this expression is that it conveys the idea that whatever the prime mover of the universe is, it can result in a situation whereby an organism achieves sentience and can thus deduce a natural right to life as being axiomatic.

There isn't anything specifically sectarian (or even really religious) about this idea. All of scripture is, like anything else discovered or written by a PERSON, derived from the human experience, not from a deity ...although clearly some is claimed or alleged to be a transcript of some communication from a deity or prophet (which could be indirectly said to be the words of a deity).

In the same way, the formulation or acknowledgement of "natural rights" requires no specific religious convictions or sectarian dogma.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:38 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
I had only heard of Nugent's name because as far as I'm concerned, he's an obscure, lower tier face in the music industry that isn't really relevant to me, but after reading his comments it's apparent that he's a sicko with a disturbed mind who has no shame in deeply insulting a group of high school students who have just gone through a tragedy no one, at any age, should have to go through.

And he's doing so because they hold political viewpoints different from his own, which places guns above all. It's funny how these "tough" guys pick on teens, who can very much take up for themselves. In the end, Nugent is the one who looks mean spirited, ignorant, weak, and deeply sick to the core of his mind and soul. It's one thing to have different views on gun rights, but his kind of reckless dialogue totally crosses some lines that shouldn't be crossed. Imagine if someone is like this, to a group of high school kids who just went through what they went through, imagine what they're like privately.
People with a sense of conscious don't process things this way in such a situation, let alone get out in public and make such vile remarks.

As he's getting into his senior years nearing 70, so he should be embarrassed to think that this will be his legacy. I wonder what his family thinks of him for being so evil and cruel in his remarks. I would understand if they were ashamed of his lack of shame and decency. It would be understandable if they chose to disown him.

Also, if corporate sponsors and affiliates have dropped the NRA because it doesn't agree with their values (which they have every right to, as a private business), they should also dump Nugent and hit him in his pocketbook.

Last edited by Jowel; 04-09-2018 at 03:50 PM..

Old 04-09-2018, 03:40 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
LOL. Do you realize that Islam is one of the fastest-growing religions in the world, and the US is no exception? Do you know that Michigan (a conservative state) has one of the largest Arab populations, including Muslims, outside of the Middle East? Do you know that Hamtramk, Michigan, a section of Detroit originally settled by Polish immigrants, has for years had the Muslim call to prayer 5 times per day on loudspeaker?

I became a US citizen back in 2006, in Michigan. Even back then, I was one of perhaps a handful of new Americans of white, European ancestry in a room of approximately 125 people. The vast majority of my fellow new Americans were from ... Asia and the Middle East.

You really ought to educate yourself about our own country's immigration patterns before you make any comments about another country's.
Hello, earth to Martians aka clueless Humanoid;

And this is a good thing? U think they are YOUR best friends & the Welcome Wagon in the community?

Holy cow, you need read their doctrine & mantra -- & then tell me how well you want a bus load of crazed religious lunatics pulling up to your door -- & just storming your house & taking over w/ THEIR flags & rituals, etc.

And this alarms you not nor even makes you think twice? Wow, want to buy swampland in FL to build condos on?? Send a 10 million check to my PO Box in care of Build-On-Alligator-Waterways.com. :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies