Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,838,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
No one with half a brain believes Assad did this. The US military industrial complex will operate as it operates, but I refuse to feed into it. The Syrian army isn’t going to retake 90% of a district after a months long campaign, and once it’s surrounding the final 10% gas its own people, thus risking further US intervention and jeopardizing their gains. Assad is not stupid. We shouldn’t be either.

Assad is winning the war, his secular government is staying in power, and the US-backed jihadists are all going to meet their fates at the Syrian army’s hands and it’s utterly absurd that any American would desire any other outcome.
I don't know who did it and I honestly flat out don't care. Not our fight and not our job to get involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 05:04 AM

23,386 posts, read 17,061,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Thank heavens we had our strong President Obama, who delivered on his promise about crossing the red line, or it would be so much worse for these poor people.
Obama says not bombing Syria took political courage

Any outrage from eastern Europe? if so, their job is done.

Obama and Europe were deferring to Putin when they allowed Russia to get a foothold in Syria. Hard to believe so much in your face evidence Obama was in league with Putin and not a peep from the same people now suffering mass hysteria about Trump being linked with Putin.

History will look at Obama with clear eyes and his foreign affairs blunders will be his most lasting legacy along with being named the founder of ISIS and benefactor to Iran's worldwide distribution of terrorism. not possible without 500 billion dollars delivered to Iran in the dark of night.

The ME will always be a caldron of self immolation, thanks to Obama it is now experiencing an unprecedented flare.

Ever wonder where Sadaam's chemical weapons disappeared to, wonder no more.

The ME needs to be walled off from the rest of the world. Putin needs to have his economic clock cleaned and sent to a Siberian gulag.

Obama sat back to allow Christians to be obliterated from the ME, played golf while giving a 2 minute interview when a US citizen was beheaded. the ME continues to do its thing and will never change. the only outside intervention should be to capture and return anyone who escapes that hell on earth. It is up to the ME countries to evolve and join the human race. Until then atrocities as the west sees them, are just another day in the ME and not worth intervention.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:24 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 28 days ago)

34,605 posts, read 16,671,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know who did it and I honestly flat out don't care. Not our fight and not our job to get involved.
Then why does the U.S., especially under Obama, tut-tut about Israel's efforts at self-defense?

Old 04-10-2018, 06:44 AM

9,446 posts, read 10,736,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
No one with half a brain believes Assad did this. The US military industrial complex will operate as it operates, but I refuse to feed into it. The Syrian army isn’t going to retake 90% of a district after a months long campaign, and once it’s surrounding the final 10% gas its own people, thus risking further US intervention and jeopardizing their gains. Assad is not stupid. We shouldn’t be either.

Assad is winning the war, his secular government is staying in power, and the US-backed jihadists are all going to meet their fates at the Syrian army’s hands and it’s utterly absurd that any American would desire any other outcome.
Just wondering how things are up in Russia? Still cold? I bet it is. However I bet Putin’s rhetoric keeps everyone warm during a long Russian winter. I know President Putin says Assad didn’t do it so that must be gospel truth right?

Folks there is great value in having free speech and a free press, at least here we get news relatively accurately. In some parts of the world your news is fed to you by the dictator.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Dozens Suffocate in Syria as Government Is Accused of Chemical Attack

And people are condemning Israel for not allowing "peaceful" marchers to enter Israel en masse from Gaza. Gaza: Palestinian journalist among 9 killed in latest clashes

The Israels have a right to have a border, and to defend it. Israel does not have to allow a mass march into its territory, however "peaceful." The marchers have no right to be there. And the march is not so peaceful. You don't toast over Molotov cocktails.

Siran gas would have raised an eyebrow. Chlorine gas signals False Flag.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:56 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Killing innocent people is never acceptable, what Syria is doing now is premeditated. It is not just collateral damage, it is an effort to wipe out every person.
What exactly do you think Syria is doing? You don't think the Syrian government is gassing it's people do you? The last time it turned out to be fake.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:13 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,325,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Just wondering how things are up in Russia? Still cold? I bet it is. However I bet Putin’s rhetoric keeps everyone warm during a long Russian winter. I know President Putin says Assad didn’t do it so that must be gospel truth right?

Folks there is great value in having free speech and a free press, at least here we get news relatively accurately. In some parts of the world your news is fed to you by the dictator.

What PROOF do you have that this was done by Assad? BOTH sides have chemical weapons.

And, logically, the poster you were responding to has laid out a case as to why it is nonsensical for Assad to have used the gas when he's winning.

Indeed, just a couple months ago our intelligence services ADMITTED that they still don't know who was behind LAST YEAR'S chemical attack.

What's the end game here? No more US lives or treasure should be sacrificed in the Middle East for ANY REASON. Let Putin have it if he wants it. Enough US intervention in that godforsaken region. Withdraw and never look back!

Old 04-10-2018, 09:14 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,838,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Then why does the U.S., especially under Obama, tut-tut about Israel's efforts at self-defense?
Dont ask me. If I had my way Israel would borrow money from China instead getting free money from the USA.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:12 AM

461 posts, read 554,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

Or we could use logical reasoning to deduce that no one is stupid enough to gas people and invite further western intervention when they are winning and stand to lose everything for the slightest miscalculation.

Or listen to the Syrians themselves, as opposed to thinking all Arabs take cues from white men, be they Russian or American. I don’t care what Putin says or thinks, because it doesn’t change the fact that Syria is not our fight, that the US has killed thousands of civilians in Syria, and that US policy under Obama AND Trump has been to fund al-Qaeda-linked contras to topple the secular Syrian government.

But sure, let’s take Trump’s accusation that Assad did it as gospel truth. Not like the US has ever lied before. One million dead Iraqis killed themselves for a chemical weapons program that hid itself.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:46 AM

23,130 posts, read 28,863,992 times
And where was the outrage when the good ole U S of A dumped chemical weapons on Vietnam?

What we hate so much in others, we see too much of in ourselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies