Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

That's right! You folks worry over liberal judges but what about Bush's judges who make decisions like THIS: WGRZ News - Court Rejects New York's Airline Passenger Rights Bill (http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56581 - broken link)
Essentially the court says that me and you are lower than even a child rapist and killer! If you arrest a child rapist and lock him in a hot cell for 20 hours and deny him food, water and the use of a toilet, this very same court will almost certainly say that "is cruel and unusual" punishment. But if an airline does the same thing to me and you, it is perfectly OK as long as they make money doing it.
How does it feel to be told you are worth less than a child killer rapist? This is wht Bush thinks of you. And John McCain thinks the same way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- A federal appeals court has rejected the first law in the nation requiring airlines to provide food, water, clean toilets and fresh air to passengers trapped in a plane delayed on the ground.
Yes folks, that REALLY needed to be a LAW. Last time I was stuck on a plane I was provided all of these things.

Get a grip Kev.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
I believe the Appeals Court was only ruling that this is a federal, not a state, issue.

If Congress had passed the law, then I think it would be OK.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I believe the Appeals Court was only ruling that this is a federal, not a state, issue.

If Congress had passed the law, then I think it would be OK.
That is EXACTLY correct. The courts objection was jurisdiction - not the law itself.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes folks, that REALLY needed to be a LAW. Last time I was stuck on a plane I was provided all of these things.

Get a grip Kev.
It is up to the plane whether or not you get anything or you suffer. The court has said it is perfectly fine for the airline to torture passengers. I guess next it will be legal to waterboard us too!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is up to the plane whether or not you get anything or you suffer. The court has said it is perfectly fine for the airline to torture passengers. I guess next it will be legal to waterboard us too!
Wow! Just...WOW!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
It is up to the plane whether or not you get anything or you suffer.
An airplane is an inanimate object Kev. Do you mean, the AIRLINE?

I fly A LOT KevK - and, I have been "stuck" on taxiways, runways, at the gate. And, I have never be "tortured"! LOL You are a bit over the top IMO Kev.

The court ruling was, IMLO, correct. They did not object to the law per se - they objected to the jurisdiction who passed the law. Airlines are regulated / controlled by FEDERAL LAW - not state law.

Get the Congress to pass a law like this and, IMLO, no more "torture" (ROFLMAO) will happen -

Old 03-26-2008, 08:27 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Default Unsure why this was needed

Why would a law be needed.. If the airline treats you like crap just dont use it. Free markets work wonders when customers are pissed and can go somewhere else and get better service. Airlines need happy customers not mad ones. A law is not needed to determine what the airline can or can't do.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you read the decision and the judge said, "it's perfectly fine for the airline to torture passengers?" This seems a little sensationalized, don't you think? I'm sure the judge takes flights and would not want to be subjected to legalized waterboarding - well, at least that would get you the water you wanted.

The other posters are correct. The judge ruled that the state did not have the authority to make such a law, and it was the correct decision.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
If all airlines went to all airports all the time, then there would be a “free market” in airplane travel. Now there are very loosely regulated monopolies that can strand you on a taxiway with overflowing toilets if that suits their convenience. Once on the airplane you are trapped on the airplane with no recourse for any inconvenience. In many airports you cannot change airlines even if they brought you back to the terminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies