Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
My how Progressives have regressed... today, Roddenberry would be indicted for having a Russian on the bridge!

Why?

Today, we have a Russian puppet as POTUS. Having Russians all around our military operation is probably standard protocol.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 11:17 AM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
She probably get a bazillion people of all colors, that try to waste her time, with attempts to get freebies.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:20 AM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and sell autographs,"

I never heard of that.

When did start?

Celebs USED to be THANKFUL the people went to their movies, concets, etc. and showed they appreciation by signing autographs.

I guess the "Me to" generation has taken over.

Funny these same people, celeb and autograph seeker, vote dem and decry "money" at every chance!.

The celeb GETS the money and the dumb autograph seeker PAYS the money and next week will be protesting BIG money.

Go figure!

Selling autographs have been around for decades for celebs, whether it be actors, musicians, sports stars, etc This is nothing new.....

Old 04-09-2018, 11:21 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Why?

Today, we have a Russian puppet as POTUS. Having Russians all around our military operation is probably standard protocol.

Joe McCarthy? Is that you?

Old 04-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Joe McCarthy? Is that you?

Why would you confuse me with a conservative right-wing hero??

Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Besides being confused in general and a terrible conversationalist who detracts from the board because you specialize in trolling rather than substantive posts, you are using the same tactics that the Left has made an anathema. Thus, I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Is that clear enough?

Old 04-09-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Besides being confused in general and a terrible conversationalist who detracts from the board because you specialize in trolling rather than substantive posts, you are using the same tactics that the Left has made an anathema. Thus, I'm simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Is that clear enough?

Being called a hypocrite by a right-wing spinster is like being called ugly by a frog, but the dept of disconnect in your post is neither surprising nor that interesting.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:34 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Hi,

I had the worse experience meeting Nichelle Nichols yesterday (actor who played Lt. Uhara). I politely went up to her with my press badge and started a short conversation asking her about her time on Star Trek and she cut me short and said please buy an autograph or get out of line. I was appalled. The two people in line ahead both bought autographs and were both considered minorities. But since they bought autographs I can't guess if she treated me poorly because I didn't buy an autograph or because I'm a white male. I didn't bother waiting until no one was in line or scheduling a meeting time because of how she acted.

I've met other Star Trek actors and haven't met this type of attitude before.

Looking deeper, I found out Nichelle had quite the political agenda at the convention. Supporting and introducing the first African-American female in space Ms. Jemison and Ms. Jemison responded back saying she thought U'Hara was should have been captain and I think she was inferring she wasn't because she is a female and color. I honesly don't think Gene Roddenbury was the kind to discriminate. He is far more anti-religious and progressive than myself. I nearly fell out of my chair reading this.

Avery Brooks made statements like he wanted to be the star on Star Trek so "Black children would watch". I am like okay so just because some one is of the race means you are more likely to watch them on tv or in another way of looking just because they are also Black you are more likely to vote for them? I think more people are likely to watch if they are a great actor, regardless of color.

Then I found out she supported President Obama's run. I like some democrats. I wanted Sanders and I like Gore. I'll feel you shouldn't just vote some one in office because it's for racial equality. There are so many shows now with different genders and race. Why do we need to keep treating people poorly? It's been a couple years now since we had a huge incidents of cops only shooting African-Americans.

In sociology, this is called the "victim mentality". You keep thinking you have been oppressed and still are oppressed even when reprimations have been made. It's like African-Americans are treating every Caucasian like they are slave owners.

I vote as an independent because I feel the Democrat party is so concerned about political correctness than social issues like gun control, help protect the environment, and poverty. I felt like Hilary wasn't eevn using the "vote for first female" in her campaign, all though I knew ton of people who wanted to vote for her just because she was a female.

Thanks,

the city
Very true.

I think black people ought to invent something and then popularize it to the point that it attracts a global audience....so that they can take true cultural or ethnic pride in something of their own instead of riding the coattails of white Europeans. (besides hip-hop....which is their own...it just sucks and is "low culture")

Old 04-09-2018, 04:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
You probably don't realize how ironic this makes your post.
Big difference between playing the victim and expecting common courtesy. I could see if she was being mobbed, but I highly doubt the lines were out the building desperate for her ag.

There are a ton of assumptions by the OP, but we would've had to have been there to know for sure.

I'm tired of the nonstop racial divisions as well... and I'm a walking melting pot, a pure American mutt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Very true.

I think black people ought to invent something and then popularize it to the point that it attracts a global audience....so that they can take true cultural or ethnic pride in something of their own instead of riding the coattails of white Europeans. (besides hip-hop....which is their own...it just sucks and is "low culture")
You mean like stop lights, security cameras, Lasic surgery... you mean like that? Maybe some day those boys can become famous brain surgeons too.

Gawd some people, DOH!

Quote:

Do you need some help carrying those baskets you place everyone in?

Gawd some people, DOH!

Is this like moronic Monday or something?

Old 04-09-2018, 06:55 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,957,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Very true.

You mean like jazz, gospel, the blues, rock, house, techno...you know, every American musical genre that the rest of the world cares about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies