Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Baloney! Bush actually got a deal. Complete de-nuclearization for some food and fuel oil.
We gave them the food and fuel. Problem is the Kim dynasty does not keep its word.
Well, we have nothing but time to see. I don't know if you've heard this but patience is a virtue. I'm not into predicting the future, but I am into trying to have peaceful relations as a solution to war instead of bombing it out like we've been doing for years elsewhere. I really thought I'd see it with Obama, but nope, instead, I'm surprised by Trumps willingness to try this first. I would have voted for the guy if I'd had been a fortune teller like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 10:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
https://twitter.com/jefftiedrich/sta...17283387248641

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/asia/...ses/index.html

So they've agreed to keep talking about something that they've agreed to talk about a dozen times so far. Yeah, that's surely worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.
Trump loves dictators.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:53 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Timing could be right....North Korea may be in dire need and may be ready to make changes. Early days yet. To early for celebrations. To early to declare failure

What would be interesting and probably impossible to know is what China said to Kim when he went there a few months ago. Seems like Kim did a 180 after that.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Baloney! Bush actually got a deal. Complete de-nuclearization for some food and fuel oil.
We gave them the food and fuel. Problem is the Kim dynasty does not keep its word.
That's where previous presidents went wrong. They gave the Kim family everything up front and got nothing.

Trump is keeping the tough sanctions on. Suspending war games is a little reward for signing the declaration of intent, like you'd give a dog treats when he learns a new trick. The dog wants to learn new tricks for new rewards.

Besides, as Trump said, those war games are expensive and the world knows how powerful we are now. That's his thrifty Scottish side speaking.

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Never thought I would see the day that good old patriotic conservative Murica loving Murica a would support shaking hands with a dictator who threatened American army bases with missles . A man who sent back an American hostage brain dead. Ronald Regan would roll over in his grave. How a fast talking city sllicker from NY was able to get middle American conservatives to betray their patriotism and values should be studied at ivy leagues for years to come....

What's even more sad is that the left cannot stand trump is making progress, far more than the last presidents combined, and people such as you cannot stand that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Never thought I would see the day that good old patriotic conservative Murica loving Murica a would support shaking hands with a dictator who threatened American army bases with missles . A man who sent back an American hostage brain dead. Ronald Regan would roll over in his grave. How a fast talking city sllicker from NY was able to get middle American conservatives to betray their patriotism and values should be studied at ivy leagues for years to come....
I never thought I would either!! I never thought we could put our egos out of the way and march forward to simply communicating to end hostility. It's a great thing to watch. Moving forward is the goal, not lamenting on the past because moving forward is our only hope for peace and PEACE is the only desire we all share.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
"Peace in our time", huh.

Does the name "Neville Chamberlain" resonate with you at all? If not, do look him up.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Just read the agreement, it is veeery vague. More like a list of intentions and good will, without deadlines or anything.
I suppose the details will be negotiated between NK and the international organization that controls nuclear affairs.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:57 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Listen to Rush now or via podcast later. He cleans away the smoke and mirrors of media and dissects topics using history and his decades long experience with the Permanent Political Class. Like many Dems and independents, you won't listen to any other pundits again.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump loves dictators.
Or in a glass half full type of direction, since we're speculating, Trump wants to smooth out relations with countries we are always fighting with so that America can concentrate on its own for a change and stop constantly fighting wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies