Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 03:05 PM

1,196 posts, read 838,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
If they succeed, then this looks like a huge diplomatic victory for South Korea

However I'll believe it when I see it happen.
This is a huge diplomatic victory for the POTUS DJ TRUMPMAGA
South Korea’s Leader Credits Trump for North Korea Talks

NY TIMES:CHOE SANG-HUN
SEOUL, South Korea — President Moon Jae-in of South Korea warned on Wednesday that North Korea would face stiffer sanctions if it resumed weapons tests, while crediting President Trump with helping force the North to resume dialogue and strike a broader agreement to improve Korean ties.

“I am giving a lot of credit to President Trump,” Mr. Moon said at a nationally televised news conference a day after the two Koreas forged their agreement during border talks. “I am expressing my gratitude.”MAGA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 03:12 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
We can hope this proves to be true. It would be a worldwide gift!
Not holding my breath.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:12 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Moon and President Trump will be friends for life.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, it's not because Trump put trade pressure on Chine, and got them to agree to uphold even greater sanctions on NK.

You guys will never give Trump the credit he deserves...
No, its that we do not have any respect for someone who claims all the credit for things that have little to do with him. For example, have you heard him brag about the DOW lately? He has REPEATEDLY claimed credit for things others did. Its disgusting.

But I DO give him credit for things he does. And in fact you can occasionally find me doing that here. This though? I havent seen anything yet that indicates he deserves any credit that is positive.

Even worse is that he is claiming credit for something not yet done, with a country that only a idiot would actually believe.
Quote:
Tell us again how Obama deserves the peace prize they gave him.
I dont think he did. Any more whataboutism, or can you actually try and stay on topic? Cause this sort of nonsense is sad.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:23 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
This is a huge diplomatic victory for the POTUS DJ TRUMPMAGA
South Korea’s Leader Credits Trump for North Korea Talks

NY TIMES:CHOE SANG-HUN
SEOUL, South Korea — President Moon Jae-in of South Korea warned on Wednesday that North Korea would face stiffer sanctions if it resumed weapons tests, while crediting President Trump with helping force the North to resume dialogue and strike a broader agreement to improve Korean ties.

“I am giving a lot of credit to President Trump,” Mr. Moon said at a nationally televised news conference a day after the two Koreas forged their agreement during border talks. “I am expressing my gratitude.”MAGA
From January 10th. LOL.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
From January 10th. LOL.
Since January 10 2018 to today April 20 2018 Has President Moon Jae-in of South Korea retracted his statement that he credits Trump for the Korean peace initiative. MAGA

Old 04-20-2018, 04:21 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
North Korea has a long history of welching on agreements.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:35 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It looks like North Korea will be agreeing to end it's nuclear program.

It's looking more like the people that said Trump closed this deal a while ago were right, it appears that it's only a matter of finalizing the details.

Get that Peace Prize ready, Trump sure deserves it.

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has expressed its commitment to "complete denuclearization" of the Korean Peninsula and is not seeking conditions, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Thursday, as the United States vowed to maintain "maximum pressure" on Pyongyang.

Moon said big-picture agreements about denuclearization, establishing a peace regime and normalization of relations between the two Koreas and the United States should not be difficult to reach through summits between the North and South, and between the North and the United States.
BS. All trump did was pull a tantrum and call Kim the rocket boy etc. What else did he do? It was Xi's face to face with KIm in Beijing that tidied up all of NK's fear of denuclearizing and this is why Kim is now seemingly ready. China has NK's back. So if you want to give an award, give it to Xi. Trump did absolutely nothing but walk around looking radioactive with his orange face.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:39 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times
I’m really not a fan of president Trump but if this actually happens, I’ll give the man his credit.
A lot (most actually) of this is because Moon Jae-In took a risk and reached out. South Korea is uniquely qualified as a diplomatic bridge between North Korea and the West. The north and South have always viewed each other a brothers and sisters divided by war and both have desired reunification.

It is strange that the DPRK would suddenly have an about-face right now given all of the successes their nuclear program has achieved lately. Maybe sanctions are crippling them?
Or maybe they got assurances from China and/or Russia that they would have their back if the US attacked?

For now let’s just be cautiously optimistic. As the old saying goes, “Trust...but verify.” North Korea has lied and backtracked before. There’s no reason to believe they wouldn’t do it again.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
BS. All trump did was pull a tantrum and call Kim the rocket boy etc. What else did he do? It was Xi's face to face with KIm in Beijing that tidied up all of NK's fear of denuclearizing and this is why Kim is now seemingly ready. China has NK's back. So if you want to give an award, give it to Xi. Trump did absolutely nothing but walk around looking radioactive with his orange face.
Trump to XI -made in china won't mean squat when I slap tariffs on your butt if you don't stop supporting North Korea.

China XI to North Korea- yo son Trump is no joke he's no limp spined ball less democrat so rocketman you're on your own MAGA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies