Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well, at least one country is happy with the Trump show. China. They said they are pleased and are calling for an end to sanctions. Kim is good guy now so they are not needed they say. So there goes the global support for sanctions we worked so hard to put together. One blunder after another from Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/12/chin...im-summit.html
Xi played Trump like a five dollar violin on this deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 01:26 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Pompeo said that US Teams will go into N. Korea with IAEA Nuclear teams to destroy/verify.
Oh, now you like the IAEA? Man, you guys sure change opinions quickly.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Please direct us to the posts where you bashed (or even mildly criticized) Obama's meeting with Castro.
Hardly a valid comparison, but you do you.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:28 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1J812W

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...ary-exercises/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-north-summit

And I'd still like to know what changed so drastically in North Korea since November that it merited a complete reversal of US foreign policy towards the country?

What changed prior that was not happening? And why did Obama not do anything about it? Now it's all about human rights, now that trump is in there, yet nothing while Obama? Do tell....

From your first link:

Quote:
intended to end joint military exercises

second link:

Quote:
cancel military exercises with South Korea

3rd link:

Quote:
military exercises with South Korea

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the US and Korea only do JOINT exercises about once maybe twice a year....that's all he stopped for the moment, all other military training that is NOT joint will continue.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Or we can stroke Kim's ego, liberate the country, and start over.
Both egos are duly stroked, the other bits are kinda hard.

So - what triggered this complete policy reversal?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Trump could cure cancer and CNN would run the story about how that spelled trouble for cancer clinics. Obama would have made a fool out of himself and the US by being a spineless dullard and CNN would have given him nothing but praise for not angering North Korea.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What changed prior that was not happening?
Sense this sentence makes not. I'm asking you to provide a reason for your guy's complete and abrupt policy reversal. Apart from the chance of a photo op, we know he likes those.

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the US and Korea only do JOINT exercises about once maybe twice a year....that's all he stopped for the moment, all other military training that is NOT joint will continue.
Sorta the point, and a massive concession, for which we got - what?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Here's the thing: Maybe Kim will not adhere to the agreement. Then the military exercises can continue. Why are you assuming only Kim can go back on the agreement?
A military exercise means little or nothing - although China definitely benefits big-time with propaganda when less US Military activity is present in the area.

Obviously the odds favor something other than NK totally disarming their nuke and missile programs. That would be a stupid move because they know Trump will be gone someday.

The only way I can see NK doing this is if they have 100% guarantees from the Chinese and/or Russias - an Axis NATO eqiv. if you will. That way they will have a better nuke umbrella at a much lower cost.

Now...whether or not that is a good thing....is a question for the ages. No doubt that the chessboard is being set up in favor of the Chinese, Russians, etc....

Whether we care is another story. I suspect many Americans don't any longer.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
To his credit, Trump didn't do that handshake & jerk routine where he tries to pull men off balance.

Nor did he flick imaginary dandruff from Kim's dark jacket.

Always a plus.

I so wanted to see the jerk do the jerk handshake...…. so Kim's security would down him!

Old 06-12-2018, 01:45 PM

30,157 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sense this sentence makes not. I'm asking you to provide a reason for your guy's complete and abrupt policy reversal. Apart from the chance of a photo op, we know he likes those.

Both in 2016 and in 2017 Trump said he was willing to meet with Kim:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...n-over-n575941

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/polit...-un/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies