Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 11:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You nailed it, great post.

As you said, Trump had the opportunity to leverage Kim/NK's yearning to join the world economy and be legitimized against what we want, but he did not.

For a guy that "does deals" and is a "great negotiator," Trump got worked over by a man half his age. Sad!

once again i remind everyone that this is just the first step down the path, and too many people are jumping to conclusions before ANYTHING has gone down. like i said, lets wait and see what happens and where future negotiations go.

remember at this point trump hasnt given anything of consequence at this point, where as with iran obama pretty much gave away the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, oabma did not sit down with that dictator and have dinner? But hey, change the details to fit you argument...

Sure was, but we are talking about the flag, yes? That what you said...the flag.....do you support the American flag standing next to the Cuban flag?

Oh well...

So, 2 days later and you appear to be mad....and wanted stuff to happen then/there....

I'll pick number 3, he knows what he is doing and the first president to get kim to the table....kim saber rattled and trump tightened the preverbal screws....kim and those on the left cannot stand that...

Give it time....
Oh, I am giving it time. I just do not share your optimism re: Trump knowing what he's doing unless what he's doing is something that is entirely self-serving.

And eating dinner is NOT the same thing as legitimizing an entire, corrupt government.

Meeting Kim was not the issue at all.

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
One major item being quietly overlooked in the loose agreement that Trump signed.

It States that Kim and N. Korea are "totally committed to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula."

Doesn't anybody get the fact that what he's really saying is that the United States must remove all nuclear weapons capabilities from the Korean peninsula also to achieve full denuclearization of the Korean peninsula ?

This is exactly what China has always wanted. The US troops out of the Korean peninsula along with all our nuclear capabilities.

Complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula does not just mean N. Korea scrapping his nuclear weapons, it means the US getting all our nuclear weapons out of eastern pacific.
This overlooked item will put the kabosh on the whole deal because Trump will never agree to remove American nuclear missles from the Korean mainland or remove all the troops.
I was alway under the impression that the USA has no nuclear weapons in North Korea, Japan, Taiwan or the Philippines. If you know something I do not, I am genuinely interested in learning more.

As to pulling troops out of SK, that's easy. Trump can set full Democratic reunification as the prerequisite. SK has one helluva military right now. Not only would China someday attacking a unified Korea be insanely bad for business, it's probably a fight they'd lose. See also, China's failed attempt to invade Vietnam in 1980.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Sometimes propaganda works on its intended audience and sometimes it doesn't. It's possible that Kim saw that video and it got him to thinking about how he'd like to be hailed as the hero who brought North Korea into a modern, prosperous new age. Or he may have seen it and had to fight to keep from laughing. Who knows? Personally, I think it was worth trying.

Oh, and if you think that the North Koreans are experts at propaganda, take a gander at this video. It shows their military destroying Seoul, and while I assume it's supposed to stoke patriotic fervor while also striking terror into the hearts of the South Korean people, it's actually hilariously campy. (Be sure to play it with the sound on, for maximum effect.) Not to mention, the special effects look like something that was rejected from one of the old Godzilla movies. And I'll bet that when the North Korean people saw the video, their first thought wasn't "Yay us for killing the South Korean devils" but rather "Seoul actually has electricity? Why can't we have that?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt428l2mijI
How much do you think that video cost the US taxpayers?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
One major item being quietly overlooked in the loose agreement that Trump signed.

It States that Kim and N. Korea are "totally committed to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula."

Doesn't anybody get the fact that what he's really saying is that the United States must remove all nuclear weapons capabilities from the Korean peninsula also to achieve full denuclearization of the Korean peninsula ?

This is exactly what China has always wanted. The US troops out of the Korean peninsula along with all our nuclear capabilities.
If the tradeoff is a couple of nukes in N. Korea for the complete removal of all US nuclear capabilities from the Korean peninsula, then it's a easy trade off for China. They have enough nukes to destroy the world 5 times over.

We have been played and it's in writing on a signed agreement. You can bet China and N. Korea will hold us to complete denuclearization of the peninsula if we want the same from N. Korea.

Complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula does not just mean N. Korea scrapping his nuclear weapons, it means the US getting all our nuclear weapons out of eastern pacific.
This overlooked item will put the kabosh on the whole deal because Trump will never agree to remove American nuclear missles from the Korean mainland or remove all the troops.
To which Trump will reply:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...73250313039872

In other words, he'll find some kind of excuse rather than admit it was a bonehead agreement.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:

If the tradeoff is a couple of nukes in N. Korea for the complete removal of all US nuclear capabilities from the Korean peninsula, then it's a easy trade off for China. They have enough nukes to destroy the world 5 times over.

We have been played and it's in writing on a signed agreement. You can bet China and N. Korea will hold us to complete denuclearization of the peninsula if we want the same from N. Korea.

I think I made this point earlier, but bears repeating. "Sir, how come all those North Korean inspectors speak Chinese among themselves?" "Not your problem, airman. Show them the next ordnance bunker."

Old 06-13-2018, 11:46 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

The United States has nuclear weapons in South Korea?

I spent 5 years in South Korea, and not once have I seen anything nuclear....or maybe you have link?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I think I made this point earlier, but bears repeating. "Sir, how come all those North Korean inspectors speak Chinese among themselves?" "Not your problem, airman. Show them the next ordnance bunker."

Maybe you an provide a link that shows the United States has Nuclear weapons in South Korea....

Old 06-13-2018, 11:56 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe you an provide a link that shows the United States has Nuclear weapons in South Korea....
You cannot possibly be...

Are we going to take the Norks' word? No? What makes you think they are going to take ours?

Do you think the US is the only country who thought of using weapons inspectors for intelligence gathering?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:57 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Sooo the Left is telling us that Trump lost to Kim and the results from the meeting mean nothing.

The way that the Lefty media was downplaying the significance of this meeting and giving little credit to Trump one would think that they are on the side of North Korea?

Is that accusation that much of a stretch considering how that Bill Maher, mouth piece for the Left is wishing for a recession to burst Trumps bubble of popularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies