Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 09:11 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump has no respect for human rights and apparently a lot of Trump supporters really don't care either.
If either party cared we wouldn't have been at war for 16 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Trump has no respect for human rights and apparently a lot of Trump supporters really don't care either.
Odd, since a lot of his supporters, are evangelical, I really don't get how religious people can be so callous. Huge mystery. Just read "Origin," by Dan Brown. About computers, science, religion and symbols. Worthwhile reading. Scary, a little Stephen King, thrown in, I think.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
And Kim has Trump under his thumb.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31888...an-ben-shapiro

There you go folks. Kim is actually controlling Trump with continued threat of nuclear attacks. You Trump supporters call that success???
I do think Ben is wrong in this, though I normally agree with him. Trump knows that Kim is like him in the fact that they both crave adulation and an authoritarian stance. Bashing someone like that in the middle of trying to negotiate peace would likely backfire. Nothing else has worked with this despotic family so let's change up the game.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:27 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Odd, since a lot of his supporters, are evangelical, I really don't get how religious people can be so callous. Huge mystery. Just read "Origin," by Dan Brown. About computers, science, religion and symbols. Worthwhile reading. Scary, a little Stephen King, thrown in, I think.
Not odd at all. The evangelicals are not religious. The only things they believe in are pushing a far right agenda and lining their own pockets.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I do think Ben is wrong in this, though I normally agree with him. Trump knows that Kim is like him in the fact that they both crave adulation and an authoritarian stance. Bashing someone like that in the middle of trying to negotiate peace would likely backfire. Nothing else has worked with this despotic family so let's change up the game.
The statement came from Trump. Trump was not going to pursue the human rights violations and abuse in NK because he is afraid Kim will literally go nuclear. That doesn't sound like a step toward Kim denuclearizing but sounds like Kim is going to manipulate the US and possibly the world with a nuclear threat.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:39 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
The statement came from Trump. Trump was not going to pursue the human rights violations and abuse in NK because he is afraid Kim will literally go nuclear. That doesn't sound like a step toward Kim denuclearizing but sounds like Kim is going to manipulate the US and possibly the world with a nuclear threat.
What exactly is Trump suppose to do?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:47 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What exactly is Trump suppose to do?
Put on his big boy presidential pants and speak out against it. Remember,
Ronald Reagan: "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCO9BYCGNeY

Old 06-15-2018, 10:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Put on his big boy presidential pants and speak out against it. Remember,
Ronald Reagan: "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCO9BYCGNeY
That was a great speech. I still get a little choked up watching it. We will never get anything close to this from Trump. The words "freedom" and "human rights" will never cross his lips.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Trump is not Reagan and Kim is not Gorbachev.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
We'll see what happens. It might work, it might not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies