Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 09:20 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
You cannot approach North Korea as if it were a normal state. Kim knows full well that if the fantasy portrayed in that video were ever to come about it would mean the end of him and his grip on power. Inside North Korea
If he brings prosperity to NK, he will be worshiped like the Chinese worship their Emperor for Life. As long as people are well fed and happy, they won't demand change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Well, as Democratic leader spokesman Chucklebuckets Schumer says, "All cattle and no hat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The cease fire agreement with North Korea was signed in 1953. We are technically still at war with them. None of the past Presidents have taken measures to normalize our relationship. We spend a lot of money on the defense of South Korea every year. SK does contribute; but it is still a lot of money and it ties the hands of troops that can be utilized in other hot spots.

Of course it is way to early to tell if this will lead to our troop withdrawal. It is a first step and it might lead nowhere; but it is an attempt. It is an attempt to do something that has not been done in 65 years.

Kim with multiple warhead nukes and a hatred of the US is one of our worst nightmares.

Many have complained because of NK's human right's issues. How do we get them to change if we continue with their isolation? We do not have any say if we are not talking to them. It is only when they try to become acceptable to the rest of the world that they feel the pressure to change.
Yup, we might even have to {gasp} offer Kim Jung Un something to give up his hatred for free world.

As I've heard before, freedom is God-given or "natural", if you will. Liberty is fought for and defended.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:44 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
fyi I just tried to upload a clip of trump from his Singapore news video where he excuses himself from not having anything concrete to prove he s saved the world from nukes because he was only there for one day. Specifically, Colbert ran it on this weeks show.
I noticed others upload from you tube all the time so not sure what wont work on my end. Something about a missing security key.
Anyway, it s out there for the feller concerned about a link.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:12 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
fyi I just tried to upload a clip of trump from his Singapore news video where he excuses himself from not having anything concrete to prove he s saved the world from nukes because he was only there for one day. Specifically, Colbert ran it on this weeks show.
I noticed others upload from you tube all the time so not sure what wont work on my end. Something about a missing security key.

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the left; they think that Colbert and Maher give us the news. Of course their shows are not too much different than CNN.

President Trump will have six and a half more years to make good on what he started with North Korea. President Clinton and President Obama had a total of 16 years to do something with North Korea and they did nothing. I do not think that you heard any criticism from Colbert or Maher or CNN about their lack of initiative!

Old 06-17-2018, 05:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is one of the biggest problems I have with the left; they think that Colbert and Maher give us the news. Of course their shows are not too much different than CNN.

President Trump will have six and a half more years to make good on what he started with North Korea. President Clinton and President Obama had a total of 16 years to do something with North Korea and they did nothing. I do not think that you heard any criticism from Colbert or Maher or CNN about their lack of initiative!
What, Colbert and Maher don't deliver the news?!

Old 06-17-2018, 05:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I have done business deals with middle class or below level people and with wealthy people. The less money someone has the more likely you get screwed over on the deal. Wealthy people have more to lose and less apt to do that. That is my experience.
Funny this. There is some truth to this. I've noted this concerning the wars and why we can not win. They kill 5 of us and we kill 200 of them and they win.

Iraq was a fairly modern country with a secular government. We went and destroyed what they had, so what do they have to lose now?

The answer is not in destroying those with little. The answer is to see that everyone has something to lose.

Quote:
I would worry more about people who come in poor or leave the presidency relatively poor. Like Clinton and Obama. The second they are out of office its book deals and who knows what else. They sell their soul as fast as they can. They both cashed in big time. And who knows what decisions might have been done near the end of their 2nd terms that got paid back on the back end. Hillary lost and still cashed in.

You look at both Bush 1 and Bush 2. They are wealthy and did not to sell out the second they were out of the office. And Trump has many times what they have so the notion he became president to put hotels in N. Korea is laughable.
There is no excusing the idiocy of the Bush's. Especially 43. Yes, this applies to Obama and Clinton also but knowing how bad I had lied to the American public, I would stay out of the public eye also.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:51 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Should the president be publicly praising a dictator that violates human rights and commits crimes against humanity? Is that what our soldiers in the Korean war died for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6QvpL-FD0
If your criteria were meet by all our allies, we'd have NONE. Past presidents have been friends(talks), done favors for, you name it, with dictators and human rights violators.

WE are worse violators of human rights than most. We fund rebels to help us destroy countries.

We dropped an atomic bomb on Japan, the worst human rights violation of all.

We have invaded many a country in the name of what? Peace? lmao

Your post reflects little about humanity. Ending this long war with NK could possibly save thousands of NK's lives. Relieve fear from SK. Resolve war crimes with Japan, and end our endless flow of troops protecting all of those allies. It's worth it. You should google it, spend an afternoon studying how we've attained most of our allies. While you're at it, see who has human rights violations.

I don't love half of what Trump does but this attempt at peace in Asia is long overdue and needed. Don't let blind hate override common sense.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:45 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post

Why would he tell colbert?

You do remember that pompeo has been there a few times.....yes? You do understand who and what pompeos job is, yes?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:47 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who was that? Be specific.

What advice?

Only in leftist minds...

Still waiting....

Old 06-17-2018, 07:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
The thread title is "North Korea Summit". Slobbering, disastrous, deficit are the workings of an over-exercised imagination.

Trump is the first President to have made any headway at all in denuclearizing the Koreas since President Clinton gave the NK Communist's a-bomb the green light.

The proof is in the pudding. It's been mixed. We'll see whether is sets.

Dismissing the progress that's been made is pure cynicism.
No, it's not. <bold> What it is is TDS along with a wish that Trump fails at whatever he does. It doesn't matter how bad it is for the country or the world it's ALL about "We hate Trump" and/or "We hate everyone who's not a liberal".

That's the sad state we've come to now, root for failure in order to gain POLITICAL advantage.

I'll take a wait and see stance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies