Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 06:36 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Came across this today.

You can view and download for yourself here:

https://www.fbo.gov/index.php?s=oppo...=core&_cview=0

Scroll down for the Statement of Work:

RNBO-18-00041_SOW_-_Draft.docx (48.31 Kb) Description: Draft Statement of Work

Quote:
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)

STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW)

FOR

Media Monitoring Services

2.0 SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS/TASKS

2.1 Tasks One: Online & Social Media Monitoring

Ability to track global online sources for coverage relevant to Washington and the six media hubs:
· Ability to track > 290,000 global news sources
· Ability to track online, print, broadcast, cable, radio, trade and industry publications, local sources, national/international outlets, traditional news sources, and social media
Ability to track media coverage in > 100 languages, including Arabic, Chinese and Russian. Translation function to instantly translate these articles to English.

2.2 Task Two: Media Intelligence and Benchmarking Dashboard Platform

24/7 Access to a password protected, online platform for users to access:

· Overview of search results in terms of online articles and social media conversations
· Customized and Interactive Dashboard that provide real-time monitoring, analysis, and benchmark of media coverage.
Ability to analyze the media coverage in terms of content, volume, sentiment, geographical spread, top publications, media channels, reach, AVE, top posters, influencers, languages, momentum, circulation.
If you're identified as a "top poster" or you're a blogger on social media, then it looks like the government will be monitoring your activities.

Although it looks innocuous, there is very obviously a potential for gross abuse.

How many of you think your posts or blogs will fly under the radar?

What do you think might happen if your posts or blogs are flagged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 08:37 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
...come now, don't tell me you're surprised.....

Old 04-09-2018, 12:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...come now, don't tell me you're surprised.....
I'm not surprised. I figured it would happen sooner or later.

US intelligence agencies have been monitoring foreign media for decades. It's a good source of information, and when a leader speaks, it's important to see if that country's media is in tune with what the leader is saying. The current situation with North Korea is a prime example, because if North Korean media is touting what Kim is saying, then there is a problem.

I'm more concerned with how Homeland Security will (ab)use the information it gets.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Just yesterday I thought I may have went too far, got noticed. Yeah, I’m aware. Yesterday I would have been called a “conspiracy nut”, tinfoil and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies