Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 05:53 PM

48,271 posts, read 34,391,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Bingo. We also know that Cohen when to Prague in Aug 2016 and met with Russian agents. The Daniels payoff may have been enough for a judge to sign the warrant -- but the FBI may have really hit paydirt with documents and evidence for the many things you listed as well as the Russian liaison meeting.

Also, I do not think it is a coincidence that Ryan announced his retirement shortly after the Cohen raid -- they both have RNC ties. Repubs know Mueller's got the goods and will deliver major indictments: that's why Nunes shut the House investigation down early, it's why Trey Gowdy quit, it's why dozens of Repubs are not running for reelection. A storm is a comin.'
While I wouldn't call it a fact ..... yet. The pieces DO fit.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM

36,841 posts, read 18,729,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
"conspiring to obstruct justice"? Any idea of the details? This is different from firing Comey,right?
This was a point I picked up on another board, but haven't done any leg work to find out whether it's a "thing" or a daydream. Could be Comey and/or Mueller. As Trump's attorney who is at his side every day, Cohen would be a prime suspect to know what was going through Trump's mind. Their texts and emails are going to be full of unguarded statements simce Cohen has served as Trump's fixer for nearly a decade.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,262,419 times
Quote:
Bingo. We also know that Cohen when to Prague in Aug 2016 and met with Russian agents. The Daniels payoff may have been enough for a judge to sign the warrant -- but the FBI may have really hit paydirt with documents and evidence for the many things you listed as well as the Russian liaison meeting.

Also, I do not think it is a coincidence that Ryan announced his retirement shortly after the Cohen raid -- they both have RNC ties. Repubs know Mueller's got the goods and will deliver major indictments: that's why Nunes shut the House investigation down early, it's why Trey Gowdy quit, it's why dozens of Repubs are not running for reelection. A storm is a comin.'
I agree. Ryan could see this coming and wanted to make his announcement so it didn't appear to be connected with the news he suspects is coming out of the Cohen warrants served.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:56 PM

36,841 posts, read 18,729,643 times
Quote:

I think if there was anything in what Mueller found to link Cohen and Russia directly he would have kept it in house. That doesn't mean, however, that a solid link will not turn up before the pile is sifted.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,461,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
While I wouldn't call it a fact ..... yet. The pieces DO fit.
Before any of those pieces fit, there should be something to prove Michael Cohen was in Prague. As far I know, that disputed allegation hasn't been verified by anyone.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-i...isited-prague/

Old 04-12-2018, 06:49 PM

1,239 posts, read 504,880 times
Cohen taped conversations with associates

I don't think there's any attorney-colleague privilege. Is there?

Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 2,687,045 times
Hey Everybody...there's tapes! In the words of John Oliver this is "Stupid Watergate"

Quote:
Trump’s allies worry that federal investigators may have seized recordings made by his attorney

President Trump’s personal attorney Michael D. Cohen sometimes taped conversations with associates, according to three people familiar with his practice, and allies of the president are worried that the recordings were seized by federal investigators in a raid of Cohen’s office and residences this week.

Cohen, who served for a decade as a lawyer at the Trump Organization and is a close confidant of Trump, was known to store the conversations using digital files and then replay them for colleagues, according to people who have interacted with him.

“We heard he had some proclivity to make tapes,” said one Trump adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation. “Now we are wondering, who did he tape? Did he store those someplace where they were actually seized? . . . Did they find his recordings?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8d258dc9c9ed

Old 04-12-2018, 06:54 PM

7,827 posts, read 2,687,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Cohen taped conversations with associates

I don't think there's any attorney-colleague privilege. Is there?
Ha Ha you beat me to it. I think both parties need to know the conversation is being taped for it to be admissible in court. Don't know what the law is in New York

Old 04-12-2018, 06:58 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,358,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Ha Ha you beat me to it. I think both parties need to know the conversation is being taped for it to be admissible in court. Don't know what the law is in New York
Only 1 party has to consent in NY.

Masking Tapes: An Analysis of the Law of Secret Recording in New York | New York Legal Ethics Reporter | New York Legal Ethics

Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,487,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cohen may have already made a deal to talk. As a matter of fact, he could have made it a while back before the raid and been wearing a wire for a while.
Apparently Cohen had long time habit of making tapes of conversations between himself and variety of people-
And keeping them on his computer
So the FBI got the computer and there is strong possibility that they got those tapes
If so---
Turn out the lights...the party's over...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.