Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 09:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
none of that changes the fact that potter believes it was an illegal campaign contribution.
And to put it in context--and don't think I have really heard/read this assessment --

At the time Cohen made the NDA/settlement offer which likely WAS a campaign contribution, he was 1 of 3 assistant national campaign finance chairs for the RNC--Elliot Broidy was one of the other 2--strange coincidence that, huh since HE also had an NDA where Cohen acted for him...

Cohen wasn't JUST Trump's fixer--he was a fixer for the RNC
He was Trump's bag man in the finance campaign arm of the RNC
So doing what he did to silence Daniels and McDougal and any others HAS to be considered in light of his attachment to the RNC campaign finance arm as well...

It wasn't just a label slapped on him so he could get into the Convention with upgraded entrance pass...
He was there to protect Trump and to protect Trump's part of the RNC money

And it might be necessary to audit all financial records Michael Cohen had any connection to at the RNC...surprise, surprise...in the course of discovering how that money was paid to those women...
I guess since the RNC is not headquartered in SDNY's area that wasn't going to come from their efforts--and at this time there is perhaps no paper trail that leads that payoff back to the RNC coffers Cohen had access to--
But just be open to the possibility that because Trump put Cohen INTO the RNC in that way --and the RNC knew what Cohen's reputation was---that Trump has also increased the vulnerability of the RNC...
And remember that the RNC denied being hacked in same way the DNC was by the Russians and there was no info release of dirty laundry in the RNC by Assange--
Whether because there was none obtained or because private blackmail was more advantageous than a public airing---no one can saw with authenticity...

Last edited by loves2read; 04-19-2018 at 09:43 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 09:41 AM
exm

3,699 posts, read 1,744,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Perhaps you could tell us why you take issue with it?

Oh right, we know the answer. You dismiss everything that isn't pro-Trump propaganda.
I dismiss anti-Trump propaganda.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,332,667 times
Cohen is toxic and he knows it. The only thing he can do to limit his exposure is to avoid discovery. Otherwise his shady past will really unfold. Dropping that stupid defamation lawsuit is a no-brainer...Davis Wright Tremaine (the firm representing Buzzfeed) had Cohen by the balls on that frivolous and monumentally stupid lawsuit. McDougal also gets to talk now that AMI/National Enquirer settled the dispute with her. AMI is acknowledging the reality that their “catch and kill” agreement is not worth the risk of discovery either.

Cohen is a dirty con man. Now that the DOJ has him under their microscope, I wonder how many in his sphere will be dragged along. This is going to get delicious.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,771,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is why it's important that there's a large and continous protest all across the USA if Rosenstein or Mueller get fired.

I have never attended a protest in my entire life but I plan to protest, peacefully, if Rosenstein or Mueller are fired. It won't be a 1 day event. It will take place every day until congress is forced to take action. If it means having a 2 hour shift every day, standing with a group and protesting, then this is what concerned Citizens will need to do. Enough is enough.

Over 300k people across the USA have RSVP'd for this protest. Every state has a pre-planned location.
https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
I never protested before the 2016 election. Now I do so on a regular basis, always peacefully.

If trump fires Mueller and/or Rosenstein, I'm not sure what will happen. I see that as a full-blown constitutional crisis. I think things will get very ugly quickly. And sad to say, they may have to if we want to see our democracy preserved. The election of trump sent this country on a dangerous road. I don't want to see the great American experiment end.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:09 AM
exm

3,699 posts, read 1,744,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I never protested before the 2016 election. Now I do so on a regular basis, always peacefully.

If trump fires Mueller and/or Rosenstein, I'm not sure what will happen. I see that as a full-blown constitutional crisis. I think things will get very ugly quickly. And sad to say, they may have to if we want to see our democracy preserved. The election of trump sent this country on a dangerous road. I don't want to see the great American experiment end.
People keep on saying that, but I don't see it. I think Rosenstein will be replaced and there's something to be said:
  • He should have recused himself since he was involved in the FICA application
  • He has been stonewalling Congress
  • The scope of the Mueller investigation hasn't been properly defined
  • What will the IG report say?

Mueller is a different story, and I don't think Trump will fire him. Rosenstein will probably go if the IG implicates him one way or another.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,540,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Cohen is toxic and he knows it. The only thing he can do to limit his exposure is to avoid discovery. Otherwise his shady past will really unfold. Dropping that stupid defamation lawsuit is a no-brainer...Davis Wright Tremaine (the firm representing Buzzfeed) had Cohen by the balls on that frivolous and monumentally stupid lawsuit. McDougal also gets to talk now that AMI/National Enquirer settled the dispute with her. AMI is acknowledging the reality that their “catch and kill” agreement is not worth the risk of discovery either.

Cohen is a dirty con man. Now that the DOJ has him under their microscope, I wonder how many in his sphere will be dragged along. This is going to get delicious.
Eventually Cohen will have to face discovery. It is inevitable.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

Can we try to stay on topic
This thread has been great
Dont want mods to have excuse
So Cohen -- his/situation investigation
Try to avoid other topics not germane

Old 04-19-2018, 12:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That is correct. But, it's not as salacious as Loves To read things it is. And, Cohen has plenty of money. The reason he tapped his HELOC to pay the ***** was so he would have a legit paper trail in case the left pulled this crap on him.
So his other sources of money would have illegitimate paper trails?

Why didn't Trump pay the $130,000?

Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Kimba Wood, a.k.a. the "Love Judge" and former Playboy Bunny, will hear the Michael Cohen case. She was dubbed the "Love Judge" after her steamy affair with millionaire Frank Richardson was discovered by his wife, who found his diary. Richardson described her as a "complete woman" who was able to "give love wonderfully and freely." Kimba Wood, at the time was married to Time political columnist, Michael Kramer. Kramer had interviewed Bill Clinton for Time's "Man of the Year" piece."

Wood nearly became Bill Clinton's Attorney General, and was Hillary's pick, after Kramer had suggested her to Bill and Hillary. But her nomination was withdrawn when it was learned that she had hired an illegal alien as a baby sitter. This was after Zoe Baird had dropped out under similar circumstances.

Wood had insisted that Cohen disclose that Sean Hannity was one of his clients. She disallowed Cohen's request for a "Special Master" to sort out what is considered "attorney client privilege," and in doing so, also violated Sean Hannity's right to "attorney client privilege."

So, we have a former Clinton nominee overseeing a case involving a Clinton political opponent's attorney, and a case which has nothing to do with "Russian collusion."

What else is new?
And right out of the playbook, the personal attacks on the judge begins.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:33 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,804,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
And right out of the playbook, the personal attacks on the judge begins.
Of course, if they tried to argue on the merits they would just fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.