Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 06:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is absolutely true. Many Trump voters who wanted change, my close relatives included, voted for Trump in hopes of a less dysfunctional DC. Even though we may disagree on ways to achieve greatness as a nation, we all agree that Trump’s administration has caused only more divisions and more dysfunction. The legal malaise surrounding Trump and the specter of criminality (Cohen specifically) that is always hovering around him have really disappointed many of them. My close relatives in Indiana, for example, officially went off the Trump train. They admitted they had hoped he would surround himself with decent people, and I respect that. Instead, they’ve been treated to months of humiliating poop show filled with crazy tweets, a revolving door of idiots and wife beaters, and shady characters who have complicated relationships with the law (I do believe that is my aunt’s nicest attempt at not calling them outright criminals).

Cohen is only the tip of the iceberg in the potentially criminal enterprise involving Trump. The SDNY investigation will be most interesting indeed.
Good to know that some people can read the writing on the wall--

I imagine your relatives in Indiana thought VP Pence would ennoble Trump and lift him up to a higher plain...
Instead he has likely tainted Pence because Pence himself knowing lied about what Mike Flynn told him about his talks with the Russians
And Pence's CoS is a Manafort wanna be--just Pro-American vs foreign lobbying...
His new foreign policy advisor has NO foreign policy experience--
So Pence as a savior of the GOP/WH I think is a weak reed to put anyone's hopes on--
much less the free world's

Last edited by loves2read; 04-19-2018 at 06:56 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
How much has your paycheck gone up since the tax reform? Do you own real estate? That's equity. Own a small business? Between deregulation and tax reform ou should see increased profit and be able to create more jobs.
My son was laid off in Jan (his Dept was farmed out to India) and my son in law was laid off yesterday--he had taken a job with a start up doing job search/placement/hiring--

So much for the booming economy...

Old 04-19-2018, 06:42 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Yo get no argument from me. That was a terrible decision by SCOTUS. The thing is this, that decision allowed more foreign money to pour in the previous two election cycles before Trump. The money that came in during 16' was Hillary money. Clinton out raised and out spend Trump by YUGE margins. That decision benefitted Clinton and the Dems more than Trump.
Hillary clearly outspent tRump by a wide margin. I don't know what portion of her campaign was financed by foreign PACs, but no doubt it was considerable.

Citizens United needs to be tossed into the trash bin of history.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
The fiscal house was off the rails before Trump got there. I'm not happy with the budget he signed but in order to fix what was broken and decaying, he had to give to get what was needed. If Trump isn true to his word and plays hard, HARD ball in the next budget all is forgiven.

In my opinion, you can't judge someone on their moral decay. Worry about your own morality. Whatever sins Trump has committed in the adultery department he will have to answer to a higher power when his time comes.
That is a moral cop-out
This is not about adultry---
That would be the least of his sins

Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Ego. I think that sums it up. Trump loves to hear himself talk. He talks just to talk. If he says no comment he feels like he looks like he has something to hide. He is damned if he does, damned if he isn't I get why he does what he does. I don't agree with some of it. Trump is also universally stunned that he can do no right in the eyes of so many. He really doesn't get why the left turned on him the way that they did. He really thought that he would be looked at as a hero for taking down corrupt Hillary Clinton. Trump was a NY Democrat for most of his life. The Democratic party put their weight behind the Clintons because they were the power brokers. Just because Dems were supportive of them didn't mean they liked him, more specifically her. People stroked Trump's ego that he would be revered and accepted by Dems if he took her down. He did, and he wasn't. Even Cuomo turned on him. Trump and the Cuomo family were very close until 2015-16.
All true. But there are consequences for your actions. Calling for your very powerful friend to be locked up plus insulting half of the Democratic parties base (blacks Hispanics) was a bad move. Trump isn't the only person with loyalists.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hillary clearly outspent tRump by a wide margin. I don't know what portion of her campaign was financed by foreign PACs, but no doubt it was considerable.

I agree that Citizen United is obscene and needs to be eviserated from the election process
But what reasonable proof do you have the Clinton's campaign took "foreign PAC" money?
And the idea that she spent more than Trump means that you assume both campaigns used truthful accounting
Do you really trust Michael Cohen to be truthful and accurate about HIS dealings with contributions to the RNC?
Do you understand the CA whistleblower's assertion that Cambridge and its sister company were seriously under billing campaigns they worked on in 2016?
They would price/bill much lower than comparable work would cost from another company so they were giving those campaigns a financial boost because they didn't have to pay as much as they should for media buys, advertising, campaign outreach, data gathering???

The fact that Clinton reported $X and Trump reported $ 1/2X---don't just jump to the conclusion they PAID half of what HRC did---only that they REPORTED 1/2X or whatever they did
They are crooks--when did crooks report anything financial accurately???
The Trump Inaugaration Committee is like 10millions dollars unaccounted for...
Someone had a nice vacay...

Old 04-19-2018, 06:52 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Don't know the NYC Burroughs -- Texas girl
Do you remember how the Russian enclave might have voted? Brighton Beach area I think it is--
There are 5 Boroughs that make up NYC. Staten Island is one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boroughs_of_New_York_City

Brighton Beach is located in Brooklyn, NY Next to Coney Island.

Big fan of Texas here. I always enjoy myself when I am there. Usually Houston or Austin.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
My son was laid off in Jan (his Dept was farmed out to India) and my son in law was laid off yesterday--he had taken a job with a start up doing job search/placement/hiring--

So much for the booming economy...
That is disapointing. My understanding is that Texas has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. They should find work quickly.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

This we agree on. I always enjoy finding common ground with my fellow posters.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
That is a moral cop-out
This is not about adultry---
That would be the least of his sins
Are you his priest? Did he confess his sins to you? Frankly, you don't know. Speculation is only good in stock markets and Real Estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies