Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 07:04 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
There are 5 Boroughs that make up NYC. Staten Island is one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boroughs_of_New_York_City

Brighton Beach is located in Brooklyn, NY Next to Coney Island.

Big fan of Texas here. I always enjoy myself when I am there. Usually Houston or Austin.
We try to forget about Staten Island :-)

Old 04-19-2018, 07:10 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
We try to forget about Staten Island :-)
I wish we succeeded in the 90's.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:13 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
The fiscal house was off the rails before Trump got there. I'm not happy with the budget he signed but in order to fix what was broken and decaying, he had to give to get what was needed. If Trump isn true to his word and plays hard, HARD ball in the next budget all is forgiven.

In my opinion, you can't judge someone on their moral decay. Worry about your own morality. Whatever sins Trump has committed in the adultery department he will have to answer to a higher power when his time comes.
The budget was a pork infused screwing of the taxpayer. There was a $hit pile of it. That's not what I want, regardless of party. The difference here is that the GOP ran on a platform of reducing spending and deficits- and seeing as though they have both houses and the executive branch- they failed by betraying their core values.

Morality does have some sway, especially when they espouse their moral superiority as a party. So yes- it matters.

I don't like either party, frankly- but seeing as though I used to be a lifelong Conservative in the Buckley mold- yes this current iteration of the party deserves my criticism and ire.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:17 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
I live in Staten Island, we vote Republican. We were the only part of the city and I think the state that Trump carried.
How diverse is Staten Island, and how friendly of a place is it?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Are you his priest? Did he confess his sins to you? Frankly, you don't know. Speculation is only good in stock markets and Real Estate.
There should be no Political forum then--
Because that is all we do here is speculate

Old 04-19-2018, 07:18 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
I wish we succeeded in the 90's.
What's stopping you from succeeding:-)?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The budget was a pork infused screwing of the taxpayer. There was a $hit pile of it. That's not what I want, regardless of party. The difference here is that the GOP ran on a platform of reducing spending and deficits- and seeing as though they have both houses and the executive branch- they failed by betraying their core values.

Morality does have some sway, especially when they espouse their moral superiority as a party. So yes- it matters.

I don't like either party, frankly- but seeing as though I used to be a lifelong Conservative in the Buckley mold- yes this current iteration of the party deserves my criticism and ire.
And even though I am life-long Democrat (no surprise there) I miss Buckley--
His wit would have illuminated this scrum like few others...
Same with Gore Vidal

Old 04-19-2018, 08:59 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Back to the Cohen speculation...

I am now leaning to the theory that Cohen's relationship with Trump was instigated by 'investors' desire to keep an eye on their 'investments' as Trump has a record of stiffing others. Cohen also liked to play tough guy and took on cleaning up Trumps .. garbage. He is a poor lawyer, did this work without regard to the law or possible disclosure, he felt invincible. Cohen also had personal 'side' projects.

I don't think Cohen will flip because of fear that the 'investors' will retaliate. He will defend so long as he and his 'investors' are willing to stay the course. At some time the evidence will be such that Cohen is not a good investment. It is not beyond the possibility that Cohen will have an unfortunate fatal accident/illness.

With all the evidence gathered on Cohen's activities he doesn't need to be flipped to cause many of his associates legal grief.

At a certain level I feel sorry for kids born into the mob culture, I suspect Cohen is one of them. If he had been really strategic he would have shown that he was 'incompetent in the trade' and the mobsters wouldn't want to associate with him. Unfortunately for him he liked to show off and play the tough guy.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Back to the Cohen speculation...

I am now leaning to the theory that Cohen's relationship with Trump was instigated by 'investors' desire to keep an eye on their 'investments' as Trump has a record of stiffing others. Cohen also liked to play tough guy and took on cleaning up Trumps .. garbage. He is a poor lawyer, did this work without regard to the law or possible disclosure, he felt invincible. Cohen also had personal 'side' projects.

I don't think Cohen will flip because of fear that the 'investors' will retaliate. He will defend so long as he and his 'investors' are willing to stay the course. At some time the evidence will be such that Cohen is not a good investment. It is not beyond the possibility that Cohen will have an unfortunate fatal accident/illness.

With all the evidence gathered on Cohen's activities he doesn't need to be flipped to cause many of his associates legal grief.

At a certain level I feel sorry for kids born into the mob culture, I suspect Cohen is one of them. If he had been really strategic he would have shown that he was 'incompetent in the trade' and the mobsters wouldn't want to associate with him. Unfortunately for him he liked to show off and play the tough guy.
Yes--I think Cohen could have been Trump's babysitter for the mob

And then when Trump went to WH, Cohen was too crass to make the move--
Not sophisticated to move up==
Lewandowski tried and we saw how that worked out...
Supposedly Trump turned down Toensing and DiGenova because they were not very "polished" when they came to meet him at that WH--
Don't now know how accurate that is after finding out she was one of Hannity's attorneys although Sekulow was one as well, and he is still on Trump's attorney list

Manafort knows the only way he can stay alive is to stay silent
If that means jail for the rest of his days--then at least his family will be safe and taken care of
That is how it works with "mobbed up" guys---they take the heat and their families are taken care of
Cohen's wife is daughter of guy with strong mob connections
If Mikey stays mum, all is kosher with his family...
And he likely will be safe in Fed prison...
Maybe he was smart enough to actually hide some good documentation where ONLY HE knows
So he still has some bargaining power with both sides...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies