Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 08:25 AM

1,239 posts, read 507,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz, a liberal who fought and protected Hillary Clinton over her email server scandal, Bill Clinton during his blue dress escapades though a liberal is a Constitutional advocate and
will call out both Libs and Cons when he feels they are violating the Constitution he has called for Robert Mueller to resign or be fired.

"If this were Hillary Clinton being investigated and they went into her lawyer's office, the ACLU would be on every television station in America, jumping up and down,"
Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ient-relations

Professor Dershowitz stated the Trump may be guilty of sins “but not crimes” and that
Mueller is a bias zealot whose goal is to charge President Trump or someone close to him with any crime real or concocted .

Mueller may be violating the Ex post facto provisions of the Constitution.
Trump could have Sessions fire Mueller tomorrow with no problems.

Could Trump be waiting for Mueller to shoot his load and not lay a glove on him and then Trump
can unleash special prosecutors on Democrats and Clinton et al in time for the 2018 elections?
Dershowitz needs to protect the premise of his book. While he's a great legal mind, he is making legal arguments that have nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Attorney-Client privilege is alive and well, there is no such thing as co-conspirator privilege though.
They went after Cohen for things that Cohen did. A lawyer has to deal with the same laws as us, and Cohen is no different.

The Taint team will look through the files to make sure that nothing that actually constitutes attorney-client privilege is used. The thing is, Cohen was and is Trumps partner (in crime), and if they were working together to commit crimes, Trump will be implicated.

Mueller is not resigning, and even Trump is not dumb enough to fire him.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:26 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,675,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Elect a clown, get a circus. And this one’s turning into the greatest show on earth.
That is my FB photo right now--
The one of Trump in face paint
Love it

Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,534,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Implying that a President colluded with the Russians, and sitting a prosecuting sniper in an office to threaten POTUS and to act as a partisan sharp object based on no charges immediately after an election in which the entirety of the MSM, the National Security Apparatus, much of his own party, and FBI agents went completely off of the rails against him is many times more controversial than any one of those other things mentioned.

Do you know what the meaning of "controversy" is or are you conflating this word with anything that makes headlines?

Controversy means that there is stark disagreement.

Who agreed with Nixon taping his opponents? Where was there a two year investigation to uncover evidence that did not yet exist in that situation?

Whitewater was controversial but not to the level of implying treason of a recently elected POTUS. There was no such rampant smell of partisan conspiracy against Clinton outside of the Republican Party. And Clinton ultimately weathered that just fine.

Birtherism? As far as I know, the MSM made sure that stayed relegated to the conservative talk and news sphere. You can't compare permanently planting an independent investigator to snipe POTUS.

Benghazi? First, the Secretary of State is not the president. Second, when during that controversy did the MSM and the NatSec apparatus go all in against Obama/Clinton (Clinton being both unelected, and thus not comparable to Trump, and the primary target of conservative ire in that situation)?

No, history did not start in January 2017. But it would be ridiculous to pretend that any of this has much of a precedent as far as controversy is concerned
Wow...you don't know your history.

Watergate was investigated for a LONG TIME before indictments came down. Longer than this investigation.

I assume you are in favor of the rule of law? That is all this is. Nothing in this is outside the law. This is the normal course of events for someone being investigated for bank & wire fraud, which are felonies.

A host of people had to review this before it was executed. They either signed off on it or didn't stop it. That means there must be strong evidence there.

The Cohen matter is unrelated to the Russia investigation. Keep that in mind.

The Russia investigation didn't start by the Democrats, and didn't start out of the blue, hunting for something. It started precisely BECAUSE in the investigation into Russia hacking our democracy, evidence was run across to indicate collusion of the Trump team with Russia for htat purpos. THAT'S WHY there is an investigation. Don't expect Trump to admit that. (You don't remember the meeting of Trump Jr, Manafort, Kushner & others with Russian operatives for the purpose of getting dirt on Clinton? You don't remember all the phone conversations that Flynn was having with the Russians promising to not execute the U S sanctions against Russia? Or the other crimes by Flynn? How 'bout the crimes by Trump's campaign manager, Manafort?) Also, it expanded into obstruction of justice (which is a crime), when Trump tried to shut down the investigation by firing Comey, demanding his personal loyalty outside of the law, and other acts. Not the behavior of an innocent person.

This is the rule of law proceeding. It is possible that Mueller will conclude there's not enough evidence to prove collusion or obstruction. He'll do a report to Rosenstein laying out what he's found.

Until the conclusion of the Mueller investigation, anyone working against it is working against our laws applying to everyone. No one is above the law.

Many people who had voted for Clinton, incl myself, did not blame the investigators for pursuing impeachment against Clinton. We knew the motives behind it, and knew that Republicans would not pursue that, if it were a Republican President. But motives notwithstanding, Clinton himself was responsible for the mess and the investigation. And so it is with Trump and his team. THEY are responsible. But Trump will go to his grave with the words "witch hunt" on his lips, knowing that his blind, ignorant supporters will believe him. As he has said, "They believe you when you say it" even if it's not true. And "My supporters would continue to support me, even if I shot someone in the street." I would not be proud to have that said of me. It's baffling that Trumpers are proud of having that said of them.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:28 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,060,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Dershowitz needs to protect the premise of his book. While he's a great legal mind, he is making legal arguments that have nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Attorney-Client privilege is alive and well, there is no such thing as co-conspirator privilege though.
They went after Cohen for things that Cohen did. A lawyer has to deal with the same laws as us, and Cohen is no different.

The Taint team will look through the files to make sure that nothing that actually constitutes attorney-client privilege is used. The thing is, Cohen was and is Trumps partner (in crime), and if they were working together to commit crimes, Trump will be implicated.

I'm not so sure about that.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

Agree with all you say except the last part
We HOPE Trump is not dumb enough to fire him...
Pressure turns some lumps of coal into diamonds and irritation turns some grains of sand into pearls
I don't know we will get that type of positive result from Trump in this situation

Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 AM

16,174 posts, read 10,314,754 times
Oh I think it's very likely that Trump is considering firing Mueller. What would happen then?

Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 836,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Attorney-client privilege never protected lawyers against properly conducted raids. The attorney client privilege is a man-made evidentiary rule designed to encourage open attorney-client communications as a matter of public policy. Public policy does not demand blanket protection from seizure and independent review of the communications for privilege, nor is it designed to encourage or protect communications used to further criminal acts (hence the crime-fraud exception). If you think Friday's raid affects or has any type of chilling effect on attorney-client relations, you've been had.
So Liberal ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ Professor of Constitutional Law, Emeritus Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard Law has also been had I guess I'm in good company MAGA

Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,917,978 times
So conservatives believe

Mueller,
Rosenstein,
Sessions,
Berman
& the federal judge who signed off on the warrant -- are all part of the big conspiracy?

Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,730,630 times
I love seeing people on TV saying "taint team" with a straight face.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I have read no further reports of what happened to the men who were hauled out with bags over their heads. No hearings. No trials. No chance to defend themselves. Wonder if we'll ever know what happened to them.

Anyone who claims that gathering up evidence is just KGB (actually FSB) style stuff is either misinformed or spreading propaganda.
My recollection was that one guy's body has not turned up but two others dead bodies did
Could only find story tied to one of the supposed sources of the Steele dossier though

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-donald-trump/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies