Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 12:12 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Don't forget Libya.
Yeah, that's what I meant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
This war is almost done and dusted, then Assad uses chemical weapons? Knowing what the response will be from America? Something fishy here.

The Donald wants a distraction from the Stormy fiasco. Send some cruise missiles, and look Presidential.....

Hasn't Syria quite been bombed into the stone age yet? The West got a leader in waiting, ready to control the rabble? Assad keeps a lid on things, like Saddam used to do in Iraq. Why do we never learn?

The MIC demanding more deaths? Show, even after the fiasco of Iraq, America's still got what it takes? This constant state of war is draining America dry. I thought the Donald was concerned with the American carnage, and stopping it? America for Americans?

I re-read Trump's Inauguration speech. It doesn't say anything about carrying on bombing countries who haven't attacked America. John Bolton must be a very happy man.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Im of two minds about this.

1. Why should America be the world police?
2. Killing kids with chemical weapons.....F that guy.

So I'm against us going into Syria and getting involved in the war. Sounds like Trump is too. Good for him!

And im also against chemical weapons being used. So If Trump wants to drop some ordnance on the guy to make the use of Chemical weapons too costly to be worthwhile....I kinda agree with Trump on it.

The two actions are not mutually exclusive. So as weird as it feels, if Trump does what I expect him too-I agree with him.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:41 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

So I'm against us going into Syria and getting involved in the war. Sounds like Trump is too. Good for him!

And im also against chemical weapons being used. So If Trump wants to drop some ordnance on the guy to make the use of Chemical weapons too costly to be worthwhile....I kinda agree with Trump on it.

The two actions are not mutually exclusive. So as weird as it feels, if Trump does what I expect him too-I agree with him.
The two actions are mutually exclusive, as 1.) There's no incontrovertible proof he did it, and 2.) It's not our business if he did, as Assad has never threatened the United States.

In addition, it would once again cost U.S. taxpayers millions just to drop bombs on a sovereign country that poses no threat to us, not to mention the money spent on other parts of the operation.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:43 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:

So, if 40 people were killed and hundreds injured by bombings and missile strikes, that would be ok with you?

Exactly what makes the chemical weapons more worse than someone half burned by a bomb, or who's internal organs turned to jello by the explosion and lay dying in a very painful manner? And that is not even getting into the injuries and death caused by structure damage due to the bombs.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

His last response was million$ of $$$ worth of cruise missiles to close an air strip for less than 24 hours.

Why bother?

Old 04-10-2018, 01:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
He doesn't have the necessary attention span.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:59 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His last response was million$ of $$$ worth of cruise missiles to close an air strip for less than 24 hours.

Why bother?
Because I think the world is a better place when the use of Chemical weapons is seen as the horror that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The two actions are mutually exclusive, as 1.) There's no incontrovertible proof he did it, and 2.) It's not our business if he did, as Assad has never threatened the United States.

In addition, it would once again cost U.S. taxpayers millions just to drop bombs on a sovereign country that poses no threat to us, not to mention the money spent on other parts of the operation.
1. There is sufficient proof. There is very rarely EVER incontrovertible proof of anything. If that was the standard for everything, our jails would be empty. 2. See above.

In addition, some things are worth the expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, if 40 people were killed and hundreds injured by bombings and missile strikes, that would be ok with you?

Exactly what makes the chemical weapons more worse than someone half burned by a bomb, or who's internal organs turned to jello by the explosion and lay dying in a very painful manner? And that is not even getting into the injuries and death caused by structure damage due to the bombs.
yes, and what makes chemical weapons worse? Bombs and missiles tend to be much more discriminate then chemical weapons (although not much depending on the tech). As for your descriptions of death, consider this-which would you rather have happen to you? If you'd rather have chemical weapons used on you then you have ZERO concept of how they work.

Look folks. Chemical weapons are one of the most horrific weapons. They are banned by one of the Geneva protocols for a REASON. Syria signed that specific protocol in 1968.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Trump wants the Middle Eastern coalition to take over with us having a minimal presence. They can afford it and it's in their backyard so they should handle it.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:04 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
He doesn't have the necessary attention span.
That's why he gets things done so quickly and moves on to his next goal. He has the mindset of a businessman - time is money. Career politicians know they have access to all the taxpayer money they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies