Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,605,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
And zuckerberg has said their AI will be able to censor “hate speech” in real time in a few years.

It’s all very 1984. Control the words people can use, control their thoughts.

The future looks very dim.
He's not stopping you at all. He asking that you behave like a Human Being if you are a free guest in his house.

As it stands - RIGHT NOW - the government, due largely to the Right Wing and the Patriot Act - is using "AI" to filter every word you say......right here on C-D. Does that upset you?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-data-facility

"If one had the opportunity to collect all the voice traffic in the US it would cost less than the Pentagon spends on paperclips. Storage these days is trivial, it's not a problem."

Welcome to Technology. If you want to be followed less, then use your computer or tablet/phone only for what you really need it for (and that does not include C-D Forums)...

You have no "rights" which say the government must provide you with a secure internet. In fact, the government spends BILLIONS to make their own communications relatively secure. If you want to be secure, you can spend money and time and probably up your game.

I'm going with that old Republican talking point about the Patriot Act "Why worry?...I don't do anything wrong".

If you do, tho, expect it to be stored for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 07:28 PM

45,078 posts, read 26,245,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Once government regulations which establish standards are removed, the void will be filled by corporate rules. Libertarianism will have its limits.
standards? Lol government decides who can play in its rigged game.
businesses should set rules, although technically in a free market its the customer who sets them. If a business institutes policy that its customers disapprove of, it goes out of business. People and businesses can negotiate their own contracts without the state dictating the terms.
And libertarianism has limits, they're called non-agression and respect of private property.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,698,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
But I thought you righties were in favor of businesses having the option of discriminating against whoever they choose (see the afore mentioned wedding cake fiasco). Now you're against it? You guys really need to make up your minds. You're confusing the s*** out of everyone else in the country about what exactly it is you stand for.
You do know the difference between a publicly traded corporation and a sole proprietor???

Old 04-12-2018, 12:43 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,037,660 times
What? A person's personal opinion has no value? Feel free to differ with op and support your opinion, or not. Communication is not a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Link?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:12 PM

413 posts, read 299,744 times
This site seems to suppress some views like facebook does.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,885,244 times
Sorry to tell the anti-trumpetts this but the anti-Trump movement is engineered by the very billionaires they hate.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
Of course not. I would ask for my content back! Where did it go and why was it removed? I will tell you why to suppress any thought that disagrees with liberal desires. I am not a heavy poster or a blog type. I just posted my opinion about the election in one single post. It was removed. Nothing distastful or vulgar just a conservative point of view. This is why I was surprised. I am a citizen of the USA and my opinion was trampled on. Is this not trying to sway an election. If they took mine I can only imagine what bloggers with large followings lost.
Uh, I don't think it was Zuckerberg who removed your post. It was the admin of whatever page you posted on.

Do you not know how any of this works? Bless.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 PM

46,860 posts, read 25,803,381 times
Quote:
Of course not. I would ask for my content back!
Surely you had a copy?

Quote:
Where did it go and why was it removed? I will tell you why to suppress any thought that disagrees with liberal desires. I am not a heavy poster or a blog type. I just posted my opinion about the election in one single post. It was removed. Nothing distastful or vulgar just a conservative point of view. This is why I was surprised. I am a citizen of the USA and my opinion was trampled on. Is this not trying to sway an election. If they took mine I can only imagine what bloggers with large followings lost.
If you want to use Facebook's infrastructure without paying a dime, you get to play by Facebook's rules. And they will tell you that they can delete anything for any reason. You can hate that, but your rights were never in jeopardy.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Zuckerburger has admitted this.
During the last presidential election my own Facebook feed was edited with no explanation. Just content removed. Pro Trump content. It made me a little scared to know that my little place could be robbed by the G=ds of Facebook.

Facebook has been suppressing views on its social media site. Can anyone name other organizations, companies or social media platforms that are following suit?
yep FOX does this all the time, all day everyday. And we see it with sinclair too, just lots and lots of extremist right wing fear mongering, lies and hate...
one has only to look at the stats to see FOX is propaganda tool. And if it is OK for FOX to promote conservative views while attacking liberal views than it is even MORE OK for Facebook.

In fact there is no reason at all Facebook cannot just ban anyone who sounds even slightly Republican...

In fact it would be very funny if liberal company after liberal company just starts banning all Trumpy folk. As it stands Rethugs are lousy at innovating, they are followers not leaders.

Maybe Rethugs could get Putin to build them a platform?????

Old 04-13-2018, 01:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
And zuckerberg has said their AI will be able to censor “hate speech” in real time in a few years.

It’s all very 1984. Control the words people can use, control their thoughts.

The future looks very dim.
Looks great to me.

In fact it looks like Facebook is going to stop extremists from using their platform to spread lies and hate.

Why would YOU be against a NON government company exercising it's constitutional rights to run their company how they see fit?

Are you against the American constitution or something? Should FB be requiredto make YOU happy or are they free to operate how they see fit (within the law)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies