Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 10:35 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
found Jesus to get elected.
And he didn't even do that competently. A bunch of rubes still ate it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
The main problem with this book is that it is about 2 years late. Ok, perhaps Mr.Zirin was not the one who should have seen that US had a powerful grassroots Trump movement growing in autumn 2015, but there are some analysts, paid to analyze, who completely blew it. Not just that, they laughed out of studios anyone who dared to say Trump might win.

Book aside, this info about 3500 lawsuits was still circulated, some poor chaps who got stiffed by Trump got some news space, although not enough. Because it all got drowned in the cacophony of various interpretations of what he blurted out this time or that time.

For those who still believe 3500 is no big deal -I know it is logical that if you have been big in RE for decades, some lawsuits are going to be there even if you yourself were impeccable. Many people in the game, someone is always late, someone always f*cks up. But 3500 times. Please.

This is the type of things Democrats should have written about more. This and digging the dirt about Trump University. Digging the dirt about false donations and EVERYTHING else that is transparent, easily provable, with multiple witnesses eager and ready to talk. Plenty of material. This is what they should have written about day in and day out. This instead of what they think he thought about Mexicans when he said what they heard he said.

If Democrats had only focused on the facts much more than on their interpretations and grandstandings, Trump would have gone down in history as a massive fraud that he is instead of as 45th US president.
I think the biggest problem with this is the Clinton campaign was too obtuse with respect to its own shortcomings.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:53 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
those of us on the right don't have a problem.
Actually you have a serious problem, you just don’t see it yet.

The very systems we have in place to defend against corruption are being destroyed.
When a corrupt president from the other party finally takes power, those systems will be gone.

Just remember you said there was no problem.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:18 AM

934 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The problem with that is there are simply too many issues to bring up. With Trump, the media simply does not have the wherewithal to investigate so many issues and properly inform the public. As a result, Trump lies down on these accusations like a bed of nails - all sharp and incredibly damaging in and of themselves, but all failing to draw blood because they have been diluted by sheer numerosity.

ouch, ouch, ouch, that was a picture well painted Nice analogy.

It is true that Trump came with huge baggage. However, journalistic and other media bunches were mostly lazy, writing articles that could be authored by you and me. The difference is we are some anonymous folk scribbling on forums when and if we feel like it and they are getting actually paid for their mostly lazy writing. Well, they should have had a more serious approach with more than enough time they had. Are there any longer presidential campaigns anywhere else, I wonder.

And there was some honest work, like this one in WaPo Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words Not the worst thing he has done, mind you, but sleaze factor is through the roof.

However, even this good work got lost in the maze of temper tantrums over his words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I think the biggest problem with this is the Clinton campaign was too obtuse with respect to its own shortcomings.
I think the biggest problem with Clinton campaign was Clinton herself Plus had DNC been honest, you would have President Sanders today.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:40 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post

I think the biggest problem with Clinton campaign was Clinton herself Plus had DNC been honest, you would have President Sanders today.
Funny thing, there are conservatives who would imagine me howling and screaming with outrage over Trump himself, but no. Not even the right can infuriate me as much as the left does, and I vote for them (at least, lately.) And it's this, this right here. They force the base to accept their Chosen One, who probably paid off the right people, and who is touted in the media as being the winning horse in the race, when the actual voting public HATES that person.

Bernie had a lot of support in 2016, and Hillary really did not. It was obvious. Yet Bernie got bumped to one side and Hillary shoved in our faces, with the media being like, "Psh, of course she's gonna be the President!" the whole time. I believe that he could have won, if the DNC hadn't done this. (Not sure if he could now, but I believe he could have, then.)

And they have not learned a damn thing. They still think that they can tell their voters which candidate to like, and they are doing it with Biden. Biden is making a complete fool of himself every time he opens his mouth, liberals are calling him "Creepy Uncle Joe" and yet we're being told that he's got the lead in all the polls. Are they calling Russia to get these poll results? WTF?? I think it's just more of the media being like, "Yup, yup, this is our boy!" And they are, once again, counting on everything about Donald Trump just being too outrageous, that surely we will vote for even a candidate we hate, over HIM... If/when, Biden gets the nomination, and we start seeing SNL skits and other TV commentary prematurely celebrating him as the next Prez, I'm going to be snarling like an angry little terrier over it.

Trump though? I'm too freaking tired to even care what he's said or done lately. Way too tired to give him any attention, seriously, I'm almost beyond caring. Trump...well what you see is what you get. It just isn't a surprise of any kind anymore. But the DNC is betraying its own, to all appearances, AGAIN. Unless somebody else is pulling its strings to sabotage it from within, which I deem quite possible.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:00 PM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Dems have had 4 years to come up with a candidate to beat Trump. They are so grossly inept, they found no one.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:44 PM

16,084 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems have had 4 years to come up with a candidate to beat Trump. They are so grossly inept, they found no one.
Oh, did you vote already? Have you and Putin already rigged it and declared Trump the winner? Seems early.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:45 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Impeachment LOL

Old 09-25-2019, 07:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In this detailed new book, James Zirin delves into Trump's 3,500 lawsuits. What he finds is disturbing to say the least. Besides being a well known dead beat, Trump weaponized the law against those he sought to screw and those that sought redress against him.
https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250201621

I saw an interview with Mr. Zirin this morning. What is revealing is that Trump is acting as president the same sleazy way he acted as a business man.

You can't change the spots of this amoral and repugnant individual.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I thought my original post was interesting, because it's a good educational reminder that there is some disagreement about what constitutes an impeachable offense. For instance, some experts think there must be specific criminal acts committed, and some think that just massively undermining the presidency, even without a crime, is enough.

It makes perfect sense to me that Trump is acting as president the same way as he did as a businessman. What so many people don't understand is that even if Trump were a good businessman - which he wasn't - a company isn't run as a democracy, and a CEO mindset isn't suited for the presidency.

As to the lawsuits, in my opinion, the sheer number, in itself, speaks against Trump.

(I see Zirin's publisher is the same as for Edward Snowden's new book.)

Old 09-25-2019, 07:58 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Ok, Trump gets impeached, goes to jail. Does the country allow Pence to become President, or will there be a special Council appointed? If he goes down, Pelosi will be president.

Does she serve out Trump’s term then there will be an election in 2020 as planned?

Is it time to throw in the towel on Trump? Will scores of republican Congressmen be prosecuted as accessories? Will we be a one-party country, and if so what will that look like?

I guess the constitution will need to be brought up to date.

We’ll no longer be a constitutional republic. Is this where we are headed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies