Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 04:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishim View Post
One big issue among women is how we don't support each other as we should. We can have our disagreements, but so often it hinders us in our ability to stand united in our fight against sexism/patriarchy/misogyny etc. even going so far as women will take the side of men. It's a real shame, as we all could get along and make a strong united front. All the while men laugh at us and "Just how women are" when they see us fighting amongst ourselves. Surely we can do better.

More and more women are taking positions in government and politics and addressing issues about women's health, body and issues. As women, we really need to stop bickering and all the infighting and work on positive changes so as to not make the mistakes men have made such as war, poverty, climate change, violence etc.

I completely get your point, and I totally agree. As a man, I am astounded by how women can stand back, accept all of the years of disdain and abuse Donald Trump has heaped on women, and they still can look themselves in the mirror and support him ! It absolutely hurts my head. Most of us men look at him and cringe at the things he says and does toward women, but , time after time, we see "Good Christian Women" on tv, saying he is a wonderful human being. Men know a pig when we see one, but, evidently, not all women do.

Maybe I think too highly of women my self, maybe what we are seeing is just how some women justify things. Probably just like how we see mass murderers getting marriage proposals from women, while they are serving life sentences.

I just don't get it.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:07 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
If this is really how the OP sees the world it’s extremely petty, narrow minded and pathetic. Probably an immature college student who needs to grow up.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:13 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
One big issue among women is how we don't support each other as we should. We can have our disagreements, but so often it hinders us in our ability to stand united in our fight against sexism/patriarchy/misogyny etc. even going so far as women will take the side of men. It's a real shame, as we all could get along and make a strong united front. All the while men laugh at us and "Just how women are" when they see us fighting amongst ourselves. Surely we can do better.

More and more women are taking positions in government and politics and addressing issues about women's health, body and issues. As women, we really need to stop bickering and all the infighting and work on positive changes so as to not make the mistakes men have made such as war, poverty, climate change, violence etc.
I’m still trying to figure out how a woman politician can have so little respect for women that she think that in this country they vote the way their husband “forced” them to. Does she really think the only two possible motivations for their choice in who they cast their vote for is someone who shares their gender or someone who their husband wants? It’s insulting.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:27 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Greed, corruption, hedonism, putting oneself/family/friends above the common person/ego etc.
Are all the product of groups who believe that the members should be supported regardless of the personal positions of the individual group members to that issue. It's the thin blue line, and party before country.

Indeed your opening statement proposes precisely that. Using the collective power of many to support the short term goals of the few (or the one).

It also perpetuates the schisms were experiencing in US politics and society by fostering "us vs. them" mentality, when the fact is most people agree on most issues (but may disagree on the means to resolve them), yet the perceived chasms between R&D, Con & Lib, L&R makes it appear they're diametrically opposed, and they're mostly not.

People are not labels, and we shouldn't expect them to act as such, it would remove much of the angst in current politics if we did not expect them to act as a label.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:39 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Can't wait to get a Pro Life, Pro Gun, Build the wall Conservative woman to run for President so all the Liberal women will blindly fall in line with their support of these conservative issues.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Can't wait to get a Pro Life, Pro Gun, Build the wall Conservative woman to run for President so all the Liberal women will blindly fall in line with their support of these conservative issues.
lol

Post of the day !!!

Old 04-13-2018, 06:56 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Greed, corruption, hedonism, putting oneself/family/friends above the common person/ego etc.
Everyone puts themselves/family/friends before the common person. As they should. I’m not going to throw over my family for strangers.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Well, I agree when it comes to corporate America anyway. I do not understand women that go around saying how they hate to work for other women. We need MORE women managers - not less.

Mostly it was women who helped me climb the career ladder.

So that irks me.

That said ~ I have no intention of voting for a Sarah Palin just because she is female.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:02 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Everyone puts themselves/family/friends before the common person. As they should. I’m not going to throw over my family for strangers.

This. My family is more important to me than someone I don't know.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:14 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Nice try... But I put my support behind experience, policies and ideologies- the sex of the candidate is immaterial to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies