Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 03:35 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The potions were likely cough syrup concoctions - not drugs with side effects like the ones listed on TV now that say they cause death (and worse). I do remember my mother giving me whiskey and lemon for cough, though too.

We know you love chemicals.

Just "let it go," re: other people who prefer natural remedies.
The "cough syrup concoctions" were not "drugs"?

Do you know what the ingredients were in many "concoctions" given to infants and children in the past?

https://www.bestmedicaldegrees.com/1...d-as-medicine/

Quote:
And dying is natural too.
Most of us prefer for our demise and that of our children not to be premature, though.

My older son is alive because of the admittedly toxic chemicals he got that cured his leukemia. Instead of being dead at 13 he is alive at 42.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 03:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You can tap dance around it all you want to, but the point you were trying to make - and failed to - hinges on the vaccine. Without the vaccine, your post could not exist. You generated the debate and continue to participate in it.
It’s amazing, yet, not surprising that you are unable to have a conversation, containing the topic of vaccines without turning it into a debate. My point was pre vaccine attitudes towards these specific illness to post vaccine views on these illnesses.

Your loyalty to vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry is like none other. So strong, so loyal.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:37 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I was going to post this in the "Curing Patients is Bad For Business" or the "Did you know that pharmaceutical ads are due to the Supreme Court?" thread but decided to start a new one.

How drug companies sell treatments by inventing diseases

The Cholesterol myth comes to mind but there are others. Not only that, it goes beyond even this. Now they have drugs to counteract or help with the side-effects of other drugs. When will it end? Now they have a drug for opiate induced constipation and an acronym to boot (OIC), lol
Just thought I'd pop in to say that when his annual blood test indicated that my husband's triglycerides were rising, his doctor, a thoroughly modern MD, advised him, "Change up your exercise routine, lose fifteen pounds, and start eating oily fish a few times a week. See you in six months for a follow-up."

On the other hand, when over the course of a few weeks my near perfect vision deteriorated almost to the point of legal blindness due to a rare autoimmune condition, a quick diagnosis and some very powerful drugs restored my sight. Even my own doctor was stunned at my recovery.

Everything has its place.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-15-2018 at 03:54 PM..

Old 07-15-2018, 03:42 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Those wonderful drugs that were approved and were deadly. Lets start with thalidomide. Then these.
https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org...ourceID=005528

Old 07-15-2018, 03:49 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s amazing, yet, not surprising that you are unable to have a conversation, containing the topic of vaccines without turning it into a debate. My point was pre vaccine attitudes towards these specific illness to post vaccine views on these illnesses.

Your loyalty to vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry is like none other. So strong, so loyal.
Your point is not valid.

HPV associated diseases were not invented in order to market the vaccine. That is the thesis of the OP: drugs are developed and then a disease is invented for which the drug is marketed.

Gardasil was marketed aggressively, which bothers you. However, the damage done by HPV justifies using the vaccine, whether the advertising was aggressive or not. The availability of the vaccine resulted in a new focus on HPV. Now it can be prevented. That is a Good Thing, not a Bad Thing.

You do not want vaccine mandates. Fine. Do not vaccinate and do not send your children to public school. That is your choice, even if you do not like having to make it. You can still choose not to vaccinate.

You might want to consider that your choice to be snarky is offensive to some posters here. It does not advance your argument at all. It does not matter to me because it says more about you than it does me. Just think about it and decide whether you want to continue to do it.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:53 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
The "cough syrup concoctions" were not "drugs"?

Do you know what the ingredients were in many "concoctions" given to infants and children in the past?

https://www.bestmedicaldegrees.com/1...d-as-medicine/

Most of us prefer for our demise and that of our children not to be premature, though.

My older son is alive because of the admittedly toxic chemicals he got that cured his leukemia. Instead of being dead at 13 he is alive at 42.
I'd love to see a pic of you to see how "healthy" you look.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:53 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
The thesis surrounding disease mongering, mentioned in the op’s article is valid with my examples.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Your point is not valid.

HPV associated diseases were not invented in order to market the vaccine. That is the thesis of the OP: drugs are developed and then a disease is invented for which the drug is marketed.

Gardasil was marketed aggressively, which bothers you. However, the damage done by HPV justifies using the vaccine, whether the advertising was aggressive or not. The availability of the vaccine resulted in a new focus on HPV. Now it can be prevented. That is a Good Thing, not a Bad Thing.

You do not want vaccine mandates. Fine. Do not vaccinate and do not send your children to public school. That is your choice, even if you do not like having to make it. You can still choose not to vaccinate.

You might want to consider that your choice to be snarky is offensive to some posters here. It does not advance your argument at all. It does not matter to me because it says more about you than it does me. Just think about it and decide whether you want to continue to do it.
1. Who are you to determine whose points are "valid" and whose are not?
2. You are a "snarky," off-putting know-it-all.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Those wonderful drugs that were approved and were deadly. Lets start with thalidomide. Then these.
https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org...ourceID=005528
Thalidomiide was never approved as a sedative, etc in the US in the 1960s. And the whole Thalidomide mess, world-wide, moved the FDA to tighten its own regulations.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...de-dies-at-101

Old 07-15-2018, 03:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
1. Who are you to determine whose points are "valid" and whose are not?
2. You are a "snarky," off-putting know-it-all.
Pot, meet kettle. You may not like her presentation style, but Suzy knows her stuff. So does Kat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies