Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 09:52 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There is plenty of doubt planted in many minds on all of these vaccines and what they are doing to the minds, young and old. And Aluminum has been questioned for decades.

The only doubts about vaccines are in the minds of people who refuse to understand what science tells us about them.

The questions about aluminum and autism and Alzheimer's disease have been asked and answered. Aluminum causes neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
They have drugs for something called Restless Leg Syndrome. That's a marketing man's creation if I ever heard one.
I originally thought so too. But many of my patients had RLS and doing better with Requip.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:44 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
food for thought.

if private capital can't or won't fund cures, who will? or should?
Governments, Trusts, Universities and Medical Charities fund a significant amount of research in many countries.

Pharma and bio-techs also have a close working relationship with the higher education sector.

As for investment companies they just follow money and are only involved in relation to making a quick return.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:29 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
food for thought.

Consider who already has:

An Overview of the Human Genome Project

What was the Human Genome Project?

Quote:
The Human Genome Project (HGP) was the international, collaborative research program whose goal was the complete mapping and understanding of all the genes of human beings. All our genes together are known as our "genome."

...Of course, information is only as good as the ability to use it. Therefore, advanced methods for widely disseminating the information generated by the HGP to scientists, physicians and others, is necessary in order to ensure the most rapid application of research results for the benefit of humanity. Biomedical technology and research are particular beneficiaries of the HGP.
https://www.genome.gov/12011238/an-o...enome-project/

Quote:
Intellectual Property and Genomics

...Indeed, one of the early principles agreed upon by leaders of the Human Genome Project was that the DNA sequence generated should be freely available to the public. This principle was codified in the 1997 Bermuda Principles, which set forth the expectation that all DNA sequence information should be released into publicly available databases within 24 hours of being generated. This policy of open access to the genome has been a core ethos of genomics ever since. ...
https://www.genome.gov/19016590/

Bermuda Principles:
https://www.genome.gov/25520385/onli...-data-release/

Old 07-21-2018, 07:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The only doubts about vaccines are in the minds of people who refuse to understand what science tells us about them.

The questions about aluminum and autism and Alzheimer's disease have been asked and answered. Aluminum causes neither.
Well, no.

Has every single vaccine been followed up 20 years later, looking at trends in autism and Alzheimers? No.

Has there EVER been a study that examines the effects of MULTIPLE doses given at the same time, which is exactly what happens? NOPE

Has there ever been a study that examines the CUMULATIVE expose to all the chemicals in the vaccines? Nope

Has every vaccine been compared to a placebo? NOPE. Gardasil used aluminum in its control group to ensure all adverse effects between control group and placebo group were exactly the same

See a pattern here? Of COURSE you DON'T.

Those who say that all studies have been completed are lying. All studies haven't been completed or even investigated. Not even close. Science evolves, and shutting down any and all discussion where patient safety is concerned is the OPPOSITE of science. But it's what pro-pharma drones support, blind worship at the alter of medical industrial complex. May I have another shot? Bless you my child.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:19 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Has every single vaccine been followed up 20 years later, looking at trends in autism and Alzheimers? No.
Yep, every single vaccine is followed up continuously for adverse effects. That is what VAERS (with all of its limitations) and the Vaccine Safety Datalink do.

Population studies can show whether autism is more common after vaccination. It is not. I do not think that even the most fanatical anti-vaxxers have tried to blame Alzheimer's disease on vaccines, though.

Quote:
Has there EVER been a study that examines the effects of MULTIPLE doses given at the same time, which is exactly what happens? NOPE.
Yep. Combined vaccines like the MMR have been studied and compared to the individual vaccines. Giving multiple individual vaccines on the same day has been studied. For one thing, it has to be determined that the efficacy of vaccines is not affected by giving them together.

Quote:
Has there ever been a study that examines the CUMULATIVE expose to all the chemicals in the vaccines? Nope
As far as autism is concerned? Yes. here is one.

https://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(13)00144-3/pdf

Quote:
Has every vaccine been compared to a placebo? NOPE. Gardasil used aluminum in its control group to ensure all adverse effects between control group and placebo group were exactly the same
You have a fundamental lack of understanding of what a placebo is.

Given a new vaccine that contains antigens against the organism it protects against plus other ingredients, a placebo that consists of the other ingredients without the bacterial or viral antigens is perfectly legitimate. That ensures that the differences between the active vaccine and the placebo are due to the bacterial or viral antigens, not the other ingredients. Those other ingredients have been shown to be safe over decades of use.

Yes, Gardasil has been tested against saline placebo.

https://sciblogs.co.nz/diplomaticimm...pared-placebo/

Quote:
See a pattern here? Of COURSE you DON'T.
Of course I do. You do not understand how vaccines are tested and refuse to learn. You have bought anti-vax dogma hook, line, and sinker. Parents want to have a cause for their children's medical conditions. Often it is difficult to accept that it was not a chemical but a really bad draw in the genetic lottery that was responsible.

Quote:
Those who say that all studies have been completed are lying. All studies haven't been completed or even investigated. Not even close. Science evolves, and shutting down any and all discussion where patient safety is concerned is the OPPOSITE of science. But it's what pro-pharma drones support, blind worship at the alter of medical industrial complex. May I have another shot? Bless you my child.
No one says "all studies have been completed" so I guess no one is lying about that. Vaccine safety is an ongoing concern. However, enough money has been wasted generating a large body of evidence to show Wakefield is a dirty lying scoundrel and vaccines do not cause autism. Autism is genetic. New genes associated with it are being discovered almost daily. Parents need not be afraid that vaccinating their children on the recommended schedule will cause autism.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:55 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
food for thought.

“Ain’t no money in a cure!” — Chris Rock

Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Governments, Trusts, Universities and Medical Charities fund a significant amount of research in many countries.

Pharma and bio-techs also have a close working relationship with the higher education sector.

As for investment companies they just follow money and are only involved in relation to making a quick return.
Well Said. Nailed it.

Another example - melancholy was treated with benadryl years ago, then it was renamed as "depression" so "anti-depressives" could be marketed....with the same ingredient as benadryl: diphenhydramine and other inert ingredients. This all transpired after benadryl was no longer a prescription btw. And of course, the most famous example is dysmennoreah renamed into a syndrome. Literally, re-naming existing dis-eases\diagnosises is the intent for making money. Right now it's opoid induced constipation - now I know alot of folks who have this, and they know better than to take another script when using prunes and hot teas are just fine. An investment company won't question any of this.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:28 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Well Said. Nailed it.

Another example - melancholy was treated with benadryl years ago, then it was renamed as "depression" so "anti-depressives" could be marketed....with the same ingredient as benadryl: diphenhydramine and other inert ingredients. This all transpired after benadryl was no longer a prescription btw. And of course, the most famous example is dysmennoreah renamed into a syndrome. Literally, re-naming existing dis-eases\diagnosises is the intent for making money. Right now it's opoid induced constipation - now I know alot of folks who have this, and they know better than to take another script when using prunes and hot teas are just fine. An investment company won't question any of this.
Resistant opiod constipation is a serious problem for those requiring narcotics. Like my wife at times, and today as we speak. A useful cure beyond your simple measures can be very important. This is not a new condition or problem, but one I've dealt with as a doc for 40 years.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:00 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Would you go to work everyday if there wasnt a paycheck for you at the end of the week?
Irrelevant. I, and hundreds of thousands of other people, work for non-profit organizations - some in health care.

I assure you, I am paid well and receive a paycheck at the end of every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies