Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Can't blame the NRA for a genetic predisposition garnered from generations of being told what to be afraid of by any number of orgs from religious to governmental.
Sure we can blame the NRA along with the genetic aberration that spawned it!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sounds like this kid was lost be my Mom lives near a HS and College and 8 houses got burgled mid morning by a teen and he was seen on camera knocking on the front door first before slipping around the back to break in.

He was turned in by his own Mom after she found his room full of stolen items.
Gun owners are dangerous when they let fear get the best of them.

Take it from another home owner/shooter who overreacted.

Quote:
"Even if you have a plan for an emergency, you don't know what you'll do out of fear," Wilkinson said in a brief phone interview Thursday. "You get so frightened and something happens like that so, everything happens so quick ... you just don't know what you'll do when, out of fear you do things that you wish you hadn't ever done."
Quote:
But late Monday night, when he heard a noise outside his Rochester home and thought his granddaughter was sleeping upstairs at the other end of the house, the 61-year-old grabbed his pistol and went to investigate while his wife called 911. He told police that when he saw a figure at their patio door, he believed it was an intruder and fired two rounds, hitting the person once. That person turned out to be his granddaughter.
Rochester pastor who shot granddaughter thought she was intruder - StarTribune.com

Old 04-13-2018, 03:26 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I was thinking about this.

On one hand he rides the bus so that means he may only know how to get there via the route it takes which is probably inefficient.

On the other hand he's 14 in the year 2018. Kid surely knows how to Google map by now...I would think.
If you read the article it specifically states he did not have his phone.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:31 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I am not exempting the possibility that it was race driven but the fact that the wife said "these people" does not automatically mean that it was race driven. I wonder if there is some history here that we the public are not informed on. What prompted them to purchase a doorbell with a recording device and why was the husband so quick to respond as he did?

Either way, firing at a fleeing suspect is not legal in most states.
He wasn’t a “fleeing suspect” he was a kid asking for directions from a neighbor. Your choice of language is telling.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If you read the article it specifically states he did not have his phone.
I missed it. I watched the video.

After being informed of his phone status later in the thread I acknowledged it.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As we all know, nobody ever gets arrested without having been up to no good. Police is infallible that way.
So we should never call them, right? Because they might act out of line.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

Also, nobody is going up to a front door with a video system, getting caught on camera, and then going around the back to rob the place. You can make these stupid arguments here, but that won't fly where it matters.
Um, our neighborhood is LITTERED with cameras and that is EXACTLY how the people robbing homes do it.

You're deluded if you think they care.

We have a picture of the face of the guy who tried to break down our back door. 4 years later and he hasn't been caught. Beautiful color picture. No arrest. I mean, you gotta find these people. Having their picture isn't some A-HA moment. THE SAME PEOPLE hit my parents' neighbor's house TWICE. They are on camera.

As to your question about the kid sticking around:

"I knocked on her door a few times and she came down yelling at me before I could say anything and she thought I was trying to break into her house," he says. "I was trying to explain to her that I wanted to get directions to go to my school. I told her no, I go to Rochester High I’m just looking for directions to Rochester High."

Walker and his mother, Lisa, say the security video from the home shows the woman then yelled for her husband.

"The man of the house came down, pretty much just grabbed the shotgun to shoot at my son," says Lisa Walker.

Btw, I am in no way implying that these homeowners aren't nutbags.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Yes, they should have their so-called friggin maniac gun rights revoked, as well as the rest of those overzealous racist gun nuts!

My God! He was just a high school freshman asking for directions!
they probably will have their guns rights revoked if they are convicted

Quote:
you can try to blame the NRA, but they had nothing to do with this issue.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:27 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Nope, that's like saying MADD is responsible for drunk drivers and the aberration that spawned it!

Old 04-13-2018, 04:31 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Are you really glad he wasn't hurt?

You're implying that being "stupid" might justify him being shot....
No, that post is not implying what you are claiming. Stop projecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies