Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Glad he wasn't hurt ... but what 14 year old doesn't know how to get to his own school?
Quote:
Fourteen-year-old Brennan Walker missed the bus and tried to walk to school, but got lost after he couldn't remember the route.
2nd sentence. You gave up too soon; just 3 more seconds and you would have solved it.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:30 AM

911 posts, read 262,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X
Nothing wrong with protecting your house but yeesh!. Should someone have their gun rights revoked for being so overzealous?
I have noticed people are getting meaner and meaner........ Its really scary!!

Im glad he is ok!!

Old 04-14-2018, 10:36 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, she should be charged with attempted murder. Guns are deadly weapons and firing them at another is an attempt to kill that person.

Seems people get guns and then look for an excuse to fire them. Kind of like a gun owner (rebel) without a cause.

BTW, anyone who posts pics of themselves with a firearm, needs to have a mental examination.
Oh boy... that means my little sister girlfriend mother and 5 of my girlfriends siblings need a mental evaluation.
You going to flip the bill for that?

All for either being at the range having a good time or while hunting?

I see you suffer from the projections.
I don't know anyone who owns firearms that goes out looking for a reason to fire them in a maliscious or irresponsible manner.
I think before your mental evaluation perhaps you should get to meet and spend time with a gun owner before you make feeble assumptions of them... you know... become educated and enlightened... rather than projecting and assumption...

Old 04-14-2018, 11:34 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Should she be locked up for attempted murder or does the charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon suffice?
They are completely different cases, and you know that.
Was her victim running away?

They need to add charges to this guy. Many serious charges go along with harming a minor.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:46 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hde9VLNTCuw

Mom said his father is in Syria.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:57 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You know public schools should have a basic firearms safety class taught. Statistically speaking, at some point most people will encounter a firearm in their lives in some way. Safe handling, etc., should be covered, but also cover the laws that apply to owning and using one. A lot of people are totally ignorant of the laws applicable to self defense use of a firearm, the laws regulating purchasing them, etc. No reason the schools can't cover this.
Or, you know, the people who go buy a firearm can educate themselves. Personal responsibility and all that. We could even make passing a class a precondition for buying a firearm for self-defense.

Until then, "Stay away unless you're trained" works for cars, forklifts, chainsaws, electrical installations and chemicals, to name a few inanimate objects that can turn around and bite you and your surroundings if you're sloppy. Should work for firearms as well.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 04-14-2018 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-14-2018, 11:58 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Do we?
I had some time to find you on this and other boards. You find any reason to be offended then rudely project your hatred on everyone else.
You are a troll of the worst kind. You scrutinize the boards to find the littlest of things to be offended by then you breathe your venom and vitriol upon any who get in your way.

You have no idea who I am. To infer otherwise shows how much of a troll you are. Welcome to my ignore list.
Calling someone a troll to cover up your own shortcomings says far more about you than it does about me. Calling a black teen looking for directions a “fleeing suspect” is the same sort of code as calling him a “thug”.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:01 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
I'm actually surprised this thread didn't have more "feeling suspect" or "thug" type douche bags present.

I noticed a few of the regulars avoided this thread entirely though

Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Seems people get guns and then look for an excuse to fire them.
As ugly of a stereotyping post as any stormfronter ever did.

I've made it 35 years since buying a gun without even pointing it at another person.

My parents are around the 60 year mark.

But hey! You have one example, and that's your reality.

The irony is that most of the gun violence is black (not due to pigment but past history leading to poverty etc.) and when the stormfronters start threads about that you likely rush in to decry the racism and stereotyping....but turn right around and do the same thing when the narrative fits better for you.

Oh and btw, the gal in that article is gay...so now we all get to call you anti-gay. Welcome to 2018.
I'll be sure to remind you of your anti LGBT views as often as possible. For shame.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:42 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Not sure in this case they'll get attempted murder to stick but we'll see.

They'll need to find out what the shotgun was loaded with and in what direction he shot the gun.

For those of you that have not fired a shotgun with birdshot etc. in it, it's kinda hard to miss completely at any medium or closer range. (Who knows though, maybe the old ahole was still drunk from last night)

These are just musings with regard to just HOW long Elmer Fudd here is going to go to jail. Oh, he's a moron and he's definitely going to jail....the details we don't have will determine for how long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies