Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:49 AM

1,081 posts, read 541,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bonafide provable incidents on a scale worthy of scrutiny are very rare.

If the info holds and the tapes check out (I see no reason why they wouldn't at this point) we have one of those incidents.

It's pretty rare.
I am not exempting the possibility that it was race driven but the fact that the wife said "these people" does not automatically mean that it was race driven. I wonder if there is some history here that we the public are not informed on. What prompted them to purchase a doorbell with a recording device and why was the husband so quick to respond as he did?

Either way, firing at a fleeing suspect is not legal in most states.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:49 AM

1,239 posts, read 504,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bonafide provable incidents on a scale worthy of scrutiny are very rare.

If the info holds and the tapes check out (I see no reason why they wouldn't at this point) we have one of those incidents.

It's pretty rare.

I think every incident of racism is worthy of scrutiny. If not by the general public, at least by the POS guilty of it, and the the people close to the racist.

As someone who spends time with African Americans on a daily basis, I get to witness the **** they go through. We joke about my white privilege when I get better treatment, but it's racism, even when it's something minor like not checking my receipt when we leave the store, but double checking theirs.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:52 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,216,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It’s hard to believe for that poster, because the 14-year old is black.

Which is what Suburban Guy already alluded to.

People like him will stereotype this kid as some thug who was trying to break into a house, but then turn around and will get defensive if people come into this thread to make generalizations about gun owners.
For me it has nothing to do with race.

My teenage nephews and nieces text each other while sitting in the same room.

Old man no_recess says if most of these kids didn't have their phones they wouldn't know how to find their way out of bed in the morning.

Like I said: give this kid credit. He had 4 miles and no technology to guide him. Most kids today, regardless of race, would have said to hell with it.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,889,666 times
A few weeks ago, we had a canvasser going door-to-door, during daylight hours, trying to get people to switch their electricity provider to a renewable source. People created a Nextdoor thread about the “suspicious activity” and someone actually called the cops. Why are people so fearful?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,216,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I am not exempting the possibility that it was race driven but the fact that the wife said "these people" does not automatically mean that it was race driven. I wonder if there is some history here that we the public are not informed on. What prompted them to purchase a doorbell with a recording device and why was the husband so quick to respond as he did?

It's 2018. A ton of people have doorbells with cams.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:56 AM

46,163 posts, read 26,822,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Kind of.

Back up your statement then. We will all wait....

Old 04-13-2018, 10:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
A few weeks ago, we had a canvasser going door-to-door, during daylight hours, trying to get people to switch their electricity provider to a renewable source. People created a Nextdoor thread about the “suspicious activity” and someone actually called the cops. Why are people so fearful?
People are told to be afraid and to purchase guns.

Quote:
LaPierre called for armed security guards in every U.S. school, arguing (link is external) “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” And in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, he listed (link is external) “home invaders, drug cartels, carjackers, knockout gamers, and rapers, and haters, and campus killers, airport killers, shopping mall killers” among the threats that only assault-style rifles and other guns can stop.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...adliest-weapon

Old 04-13-2018, 10:57 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,458,431 times
Bad shoot. Loony wife bears culpability for instigating.

However Joe Biden would be proud...
Quote:
Walker and his mother, Lisa, say the security video from the home shows the woman then yelled for her husband.

"The man of the house came down, pretty much just grabbed the shotgun to shoot at my son," says Lisa Walker.
Buy a shotgun and let off 2 blasts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=2_LEfNFMAys

Quote:
The NRA has people so afraid, they cower in their homes with firearms fearing the bogeyman will come for them at any time.

Sheesh!

How the N.R.A. Uses Fear to Sell Guns
Nah...
Proposals for bans and restrictions is the motivator...
Not fear. Not the NRA.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:57 AM

1,239 posts, read 504,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post

The majority of people are purchasing video doorbells, it's new technology that makes life easier.
It's like asking why someone bought a cell phone.

A 14 year old kid walked up to a house and knocked on the door in broad daylight. The woman of the house starts yelling why are you trying to break into my house. The kid tries to explain that he's lost. The husband starts coming downstairs and the woman asks him why 'these people chose our house.'
The husband sees the kid, grabs his gun. The kid starts to run, the husband follows, and shoots him.

The husband can and will be charged, and the woman should, but won't.
If it's not racism (which doesn't add to the punishment), it's 2 crazy paranoid people who need to e locked away for the general public's safety.

Thankfully, if the legal system is followed, the man will never have access to a gun again.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:58 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,889,666 times
Quote:
People are told to be afraid and to purchase guns.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...adliest-weapon
“Knockout gamers”. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies