Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm more interested in the very real possibility it was racially motivated.

Real racist incidents are so rare and even more rare are the ones making it to the MSM I'm surprised this story got through. The Left/SJWs tend to ram the fake ones down our throats.

Unless something else develops or I'm missing something (and by all means let me know) we most likely have a straight-up racist incident.
I confess that I haven't even read the story.

But, just from the headline and the comments, it seems clear to me that the shooting was unjustified as it cannot be deemed an act of self defense.

Just want to comment on the racial and racist aspect.

Again, I know nothing of these people. However, an incident may have a racial aspect to it without the incident necessarily being a racist incident.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What if he doesn’t have a phone or service is spotty?
The article mentioned that he was grounded from his phone at the time.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no one called his credibility into question. so of course i don't know that
At least three posters did that!

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
It’s like you never do your due diligence before posting. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
My thought as well. How can you NOT know your way to a school you go to ever weekday? At 14! I'm thinking he was looking for an empty house to burgle and this was a good excuse. Either that or he's just particularly stupid.

On the odd chance that the news report is actually true-the homeowner should be prosecuted.

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You missed the particularly vile post #11, then?
my bad. apparently i did.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:21 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It’s like you never do your due diligence before posting. Ever.
here's one of my recent posts. go ahead and show us how i failed to perform my 'due diligence there, since, according to you, i 'never' do. 'ever'.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51602874

your turn.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:22 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
This is why you can't even discuss things with the Left today when something overwhelmingly appears to be a racist incident against a black person...which is what they always claim to fight against.

They want you to go all in like the man has been plotting the demise of this specific kid since his birth 14 years ago and then fall in line with all their other talking points.

I'll say it again: at first glance knowing how I perceive kids today and not realizing at first he had no phone it struck me as odd that he didn't bring up Google maps.

I like that as a topic better than the actual incident. Dude was racist and acted foolishly with his gun. It's so clear there I'm not even sure why it should be discussed.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
The man and especially the wife... going by the story's account, she freaked out big time on the kid, then yelled for the husband.
By the way that scenario played out I can tell you who says jump and who asks how high...

Get them both for a negligent discharge and assault with a deadly weapon.

I don't see any legit reason for her to have escalated things like that, to berate the kid and get the husband to shoot at the kid.
I think someone hits the wine bottle and effexor a little hard.
Imagine her chagrin while hubby remains incarcerated, at news reporters lining up to ring her doorbell now, some of whom may be "these people".....

Karma!

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well now; you did introduce the political aspect way back there in post number three ........er, didn't you?

Can't get much quicker than that.
I know how the MSM "votes". They love playing the race card.

We know nothing about this fool other than the fact that he's an irresponsible, violent racist. Plenty of those on both "teams".

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Fair points. This looks like a kid who’d rather read a Hunger Games book instead of checking Instagram for the 10th time in an hour.

But given that poster’s history, I know it’s about race.
I was that kid who would rather read books that be on Instagram. Being bookish didn't stop me from dealing with bigoted individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies