Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 10:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is why you can't even discuss things with the Left today when something overwhelmingly appears to be a racist incident against a black person...which is what they always claim to fight against.

They want you to go all in like the man has been plotting the demise of this specific kid since his birth 14 years ago and then fall in line with all their other talking points.

I'll say it again: at first glance knowing how I perceive kids today and not realizing at first he had no phone it struck me as odd that he didn't bring up Google maps.

I like that as a topic better than the actual incident. Dude was racist and acted foolishly with his gun. It's so clear there I'm not even sure why it should be discussed.
It's being discussed for it's reasons of merit.

The other stuff is being discussed because you, among others, introduced it. Deflecting with the typical pejorative "left demanding we go all in" is again being introduced by yourself as a fallacious argument to justify your illogical stance.

You own this. Just suck it up and move on.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:32 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I confess that I haven't even read the story.

But, just from the headline and the comments, it seems clear to me that the shooting was unjustified as it cannot be deemed an act of self defense.

Just want to comment on the racial and racist aspect.

Again, I know nothing of these people. However, an incident may have a racial aspect to it without the incident necessarily being a racist incident.
The wife's quote is pretty damning.

Any dark-skinned person on her porch is there to rob her apparently.

Hubby was no help springing into action.

Special mix of ignorance going on at that house.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:33 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/way...ions-to-school

Nothing wrong with protecting your house but yeesh!. Should someone have their gun rights revoked for being so overzealous?
"Fourteen-year-old Brennan Walker missed the bus and tried to walk to school, but got lost after he couldn't remember the route."

Something sounds fishy.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:33 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It's being discussed for it's reasons of merit.

The other stuff is being discussed because you, among others, introduced it. Deflecting with the typical pejorative "left demanding we go all in" is again being introduced by yourself as a fallacious argument to justify your illogical stance.

You own this. Just suck it up and move on.
Own what?

Merits of what?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:34 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anyone can tell this was based on race.

http://amp.wxyz.com/2553001923/high-...to-school.html

Now, obviously this young man won't get any sympathy around these parts, if anything the reckless shooting will be 'justified' in people's eyes here because of his race, and sympathize with the homeowners. Never mind this guy just started shooting without any provocation.
Some NEVER resist using the race card!

Old 04-13-2018, 10:35 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Fourteen-year-old Brennan Walker missed the bus and tried to walk to school, but got lost after he couldn't remember the route."

Something sounds fishy.
Uh, stuff like that happens. A route feels alot different on foot than from a moving vehicle.

Anyway, if you think that him getting lost was fishy, then you are part of the problem.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:40 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Uh, stuff like that happens. A route feels alot different on foot than from a moving vehicle.

Anyway, if you think that him getting lost was fishy, then you are part of the problem.
This is true.
Navigating streets in a vehicle, you see bigger reference points. Going on foot, you see the small signs that usually are a blur and other fine details often missed while driving or riding in a vehicle.

I still say Joe Biden endorsed this though. This is the America he wanted. Step out on the balcony and let off 2 blasts. With your double barreled shotgun. Scare them away.

I don't recall the NRA supporting that...

Old 04-13-2018, 10:41 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
BINGO!

While the kid did not actually get shot; it apparently wasn't for lack of the perp's trying and failing due to his ineptitude (thankfully he's probably stupid as well as racist) and poor judgement.

All of this questioning of the circumstances beyond the facts presented so far is just pap for the like-minded fear ridden who'd probably justify the whole incident as an "accident" or "misunderstanding" if not actually "deserved".

The sad thing is; this kid may have been brought up so far to believe in everyone's good intentions outweighing their bad. That's gonna be a hard sell now.
Stuff like this is frightening. I could only imagine how scared that kid was. It is going to be hard for him to see the good out there.

The perp is an idiot beyond all means. Anyone trying to defend the perp is just as bad.

It is like you sad. The kid didn't deserve to be shot. And no one can point to anything this kid actually did to deserve being shot. For that reason, some people are asking "why doesn't he know how to get to his own school", as if trying to probe for a reason to justify him getting shot at. I suspect some persons deep down wanted that kid to be shot, and have no empathy.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

The bus may also take some roads that aren't pedestrian friendly. Four miles of suburban roads almost guarantee that.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
There is still racism, albeit not as bad as in the past, but it still exists. It's not just whites being prejudiced against blacks either. It is a two way street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies