Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 09:30 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Glad he wasn't hurt ... but what 14 year old doesn't know how to get to his own school?
My thought as well. How can you NOT know your way to a school you go to ever weekday? At 14! I'm thinking he was looking for an empty house to burgle and this was a good excuse. Either that or he's just particularly stupid.

On the odd chance that the news report is actually true-the homeowner should be prosecuted.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:31 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The NRA has people so afraid, they cower in their homes with firearms fearing the bogeyman will come for them at any time.

Sheesh!
Can't blame the NRA for a genetic predisposition garnered from generations of being told what to be afraid of by any number of orgs from religious to governmental.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:31 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anyone can tell this was based on race.

http://amp.wxyz.com/2553001923/high-...to-school.html

Now, obviously this young man won't get any sympathy around these parts, if anything the reckless shooting will be 'justified' in people's eyes here because of his race, and sympathize with the homeowners. Never mind this guy just started shooting without any provocation.
I find the opposite to be true.

We had a thread that I started about a Cincinnati area youth basketball team that had racial slurs on the jerseys and actually made it past league admins, coaches, fans, and other players for a game or two before someone spoke up.

It was racist against black folks...no question about it. And the fact that it took so long for an adult at any level along the way to speak up was pretty disgusting.

The thread got few responses. I think that since 99% of all so-called racial incidents are Leftist/SJW nonsense people are having a hard time deciphering between the two. And that's what the Left/SJWs want.

When I was a kid in the 80s alleged racial incidents were less common but the fact was a much higher percentage of those alleged incidents were actually true.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
The NRA has people so afraid, they cower in their homes with firearms fearing the bogeyman will come for them at any time.

Sheesh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Can't blame the NRA for a genetic predisposition garnered from generations of being told what to be afraid of by any number of orgs from religious to governmental.
brusan is right, lets stop demonizing the NRA.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 AM

1,239 posts, read 511,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm more interested in the very real possibility it was racially motivated.

Real racist incidents are so rare and even more rare are the ones making it to the MSM I'm surprised this story got through. The Left/SJWs tend to ram the fake ones down our throats.

Unless something else develops or I'm missing something (and by all means let me know) we most likely have a straight-up racist incident.

Other articles make it pretty clear.
The racist couple had a Nest doorbell, so the entire incident was recorded.
When she saw the kid at the door she said 'why did these people choose our house.'

The guy will be charged today. Wonder if it'll be assault with a deadly weapon, or worse?

Racist incidents happen every day, multiple times a day.
To believe otherwise would be pure ignorance.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
My thought as well. How can you NOT know your way to a school you go to ever weekday? At 14! I'm thinking he was looking for an empty house to burgle and this was a good excuse. Either that or he's just particularly stupid.

The problem here is not a 14 year old boy who simply wants to get to school but the problem is paranoid gun owners who see everyone and every circumstance as a threat.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:

Sheesh!

How the N.R.A. Uses Fear to Sell Guns

The NRA was in that house?

Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How many hands should we expect to have to consider here?

Here's another hand for you: what if this kid is slightly intellectually challenged; does he deserve to be shot?
Slow your roll, playa.

I'm not saying he deserved to get shot at.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:

On the odd chance that the news report is actually true-the homeowner should be prosecuted.
Why would the kid go to the cops after attempting a burglary?

Old 04-13-2018, 09:38 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:

He's 14, the school was 4 miles away and he'd always taken the bus. He thought he knew the route, but got off track. It's not that hard to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies