Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

I spend more than 4 hours a day in front of the tube. I might be spending time doing homework, or browsing the internet, but once I come home from work I sit down in front of the tube and it's on all night.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1400657/am...ur-hours-a-day

Quote:
The average person around the world spent nearly three hours a day in front their television last year, according to a report released on Monday.

Eurodata TV Worldwide said that television viewing was holding up despite more and more people watching online platforms like Netflix and Amazon.

Americans and Canadians are the biggest TV addicts, said the report, watching four hours and three minutes on average daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I'm retired and don't watch that much TV, though I'm surprised they didn't count watching Netflix.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-09-2018, 09:42 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I spend more than 4 hours a day in front of the tube. I might be spending time doing homework, or browsing the internet, but once I come home from work I sit down in front of the tube and it's on all night.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1400657/am...ur-hours-a-day
Not surprising. Trump watches TV for AT LEAST 8 hours a day.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I clicked on this thread to see if at least one of the two replies would refer to Trump's TV watching habits .

Old 04-09-2018, 10:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm retired and don't watch that much TV, though I'm surprised they didn't count watching Netflix.
People still have cable?

Old 04-10-2018, 01:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
W O W........then I must really be an outsider (no puns intended).

As far as broadcast, cable, and satellite, I essentially watch ZERO.

Now some might say I watch 8 hours a day because of the big screen on above my head at work in a network operations center but they are tuned to the Spanish channels. I can't understand much of what they say though I am learning the words in closed caption but I am complying with having something on the screen that isn't distracting to me. I will admit that I have in the home library a Carmen Villalobos season of "El Señor de los Cielos" but even then, have watched less than 1 episode.

At home, I barely have time to watch an hour, maybe two of canned (DVD & VHS)TV. For the past 3 days, for instance, I've watched an episode a day of 2nd season ST:TNG. Friday, almost got through an hour of The Magician (Bill Bixby). Thursday, it was an hour or so of classic Hawaii 5-0.

I was a terrific TV addict up to around 2005 but then TV went "Biker" and "Reality" and I watched my TV watching habit die in 3 years. By the time 2008 rolled around, I was only watching "ER" on NBC. Things like the Writer's Strike, ER being in its dying throes, a lack of anything to watch because of, such as, the franchises taking over everything, and work schedule did in TV watching for me.

It's hard to believe that a 20 year addiction would die like that....but it did!

Now one might say, "Now, wait a minute, Tamara! You got all those shows from past decades like Battlestar Galactica, Sea Quest, Airwolf, Frasier, The Saint, and Baa Baa Black Sheep. That's TV, too!".

Perhaps so but there is still the point that I barely can watch an hour a day and often, I don't.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Does the Russian media have an English speaking channel?

Old 04-10-2018, 03:15 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Most of my family just watch sports. Alteast the older folks.

Most of my entertainment comes from the internet. Movies, youtube. Most of the time though I'm working on something.
I do miss gaming though. Hardly have time for that.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
People still have cable?
Netflix is streaming, not cable. I cut the cord a while ago and never looked back.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:37 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
4 hours is nothing. What else is there to do after dinner? The internet and social media is even more toxic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies