Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 09:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You can bet that a lot of people in the GOP are looking for a graceful way to separate themselves from Trump. They never wanted him in the first place, but he was forced on them and now they are seeing the damage he is doing to not only their party, but the country.

The handwriting is on the wall, Trump is going to go, it is inevitable. No man or party can survive the vast number of revelations coming out about corruption, dishonesty, and self service that this administration has caused for the past 16 months.

I am not sure that impeachment will be the final act, perhaps so much heat will be put on Trump that he will elect to take a plea and leave, in exchange for not being prosecuted. That is looking like the most likely scenario right now.
I totally agree with this ......

"No man or party can survive the vast number of revelations coming out about corruption, dishonesty, and self service ..... "

I agree with that statement regardless of the "Party" or the "Man".

I know that the Leftist Echo Chamber can't wrap their head around "what if I'm wrong", but other Prominent Anti-Trumpers have been paying attention & have a better understanding now of the "revelations coming out about corruption, dishonesty and self service". Criminal Lawyers will be (already are) in great demand.

The evolution of McCarthy’s writing on the FBI/DOJ involvement in framing of POTUS and his campaign has been fascinating to watch. He started out as a vocal Anti-Trumper - moved to defending Mueller, Comey, etc. and is now in realville. It must have been a painful process for him to criticize an agency he loves, but he has stepped up to the plate.

He has written a series of articles on Russia-Russia-Russia - - this is his latest:

Spinning a Crossfire Hurricane: The Times on the FBI’s Trump Investigation |national review - May 17, 2018

Side Note - I actually don't believe the Code Name for the Trump Coup was "Crossfire Hurricane". The Code Name was included (and redacted) in one of the Lover's Texts and the redacted was too short for that name.

Donald Trump will not be impeached - but the Move to Impeach him will hurt the Left in 2018.
Donald Trump will not resign and no charges will be leveled against him.

I don't expect the IG Report to be released to the public for several weeks - it's now going through a Review Process and then the Final Phase 2 Report will be released. I do expect indictments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:17 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
If they want to save the Republican party and this country they must do the right thing and dump trump.His tweeting about being framed is embarrassing,for God's sake his own son has implicated him!

You have been saying this ever since Trump was elected.

And he is STILL HERE.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It going be funny when trump get re-elected. I guess Denny love high unemployment , high taxes, high gas prices, low wages

I don't know if it is going to be funny besides seeing the snowflakes scream at the sky as they have their meltdowns but right now the country NEEDS Trump.

Trump has brought so many people to politics. He has awakened them to get involved once again and to pay attention. Of course the media is showing and hyping the Trump negatives but there are millions out there that understand the stakes.

Kanye West gets Trump and he has been dumped on by his peers and the Left for coming out.
Black people now have the lowest rate of unemployment ever and this happened under Trump.
What do the Dems want? They want open borders and open immigration with amnesty for DACA and so many more. Sooo if the Dems get their wish and their future voting base in the 20 million formally illegal aliens, exactly whose jobs will they then be seeking? It won't be jobs on Wall street but it will be jobs in the service industries putting them in direct competition with the lower to mid level working blue collar folks.

The Democrat platform today is one of amnesty for criminals and handouts to illegal immigrants, heck they have even taken to defend MS13 gang members when Trump called them "animals".

What Trump represents is security and prosperity for all and the Dems are against this and it is crazy.

They want to impeach Trump because he is actually getting stuff done and how dare a outsider to DC come to town and shake it up the way he has.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
People keep saying that, I'm not entirely sure where it comes from. Sure, some indicators might show that... but many simply show average growth. Trump's GDP in 2017 (2.3%) is pretty average when you consider many of Obama's years (2.5, 2.2, 2.6, 2.9).

Average Salary Growth rate... it was roughly 4-5% yearly for Obama... and roughly 4%-5% for Trump so far.

Unemployment was trending down since 2010. And Trump just happens to be the guy in office when it reaches 4%.

I can't tie much to Trump that says "he did this." Yet, when enough people keep saying "Look at Trump's economy!" I'm like...yeah... looks like Obama's. Is this Trump's major selling point? If you ask me, he's flipping a whole lot of levers that are barely connected to anything.

The one indicator that is very strong for Trump, thus far... is the market. It has been sort of treading water for the last 5 months. But that's not uncommon. But, a word of caution on that. If one did choose to use the stock market as an indicator of a president's effect on the economy... during Obama's term, the market gained about 116% over 8 years. That's about 14.5%/year. Thus far for Trump, he's gained 17.1% over 16 months - approximately 12.8% per year.

Again, if I was on the outside looking in - and had no idea who was president... I don't think I could make an argument that the President has had a measurable effect on the economy.
Bingo.

Economic trends of the Obama years are continuing.

Other than signing off on a massive and permanent corporate tax cut and doing his best to gut ACA, hard to point to anything Trump has done that would change things.

And indeed, things have not changed much.

Coal miners are still unemployed. Budget is still running a deficit. National Debt is still going up. ...

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-18-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 05-18-2018, 09:21 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is true that there is no definitive answer as to whether Mr. Nixon had 'prior knowledge' of the forthcoming break-in, or if, indeed, he ordered it. This article, from 2005, discusses it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/w...watergate.html

Some say that Mr. Nixon, of course knowing about the automatic taping system in his office, at times would make a declaration, knowing that someone down the road would listen to it. The link notes that three days after the break-in (when Mr. Nixon purportedly 'learned' about the break-in) told H. R. Haldeman:

"My God, the committee isn't worth bugging, in my opinion. That's my public line."

However, if one interprets this statement as showing that he had prior knowledge, and only said this for future public consumption, then one must conclude that Mr. Nixon (a sharp cookie) 'forgot' about the taping system only three days later, when he again spoke to Mr. Haldeman (both in the Oval Office), which conversation became one of the 'smoking gun' tapes showing that Mr. Nixon ordered a 'cover up'. Here is a link to a transcript:

The Smoking Gun Tape

And, of course, Mr. Nixon kept talking as the investigation continued, still knowing he was being recorded. Another conversation from March of 1973 also became key because in it, Mr. Nixon says for his aides to “stonewall it ... plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up or anything else, if it'll save it—save the plan.”

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/10/22/a...alking-of.html

I still come down on the side that Mr. Nixon did not have prior knowledge of the break-in, or order it, although I recognize the other side's argument.

As for Mr. Trump, I tend to support the same claim: he was unaware of what people on his campaign were doing, perhaps including his eldest son. They were a group of people whom apparently believed that Mr. Trump, if they could get him elected to the Presidency, would 'make America great again', and that the means (including dealing with the Russians and Wikileaks) justified the ends.

Oh, it did not hurt that many of these people, as it now appears, also hoped to profit handsomely from being close to the Power in the Oval Office.
History repeating, the cover up is the crime. Trump became involved once he made up the story for Don Jr. about the Tower meeting.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:46 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Probably re-elected. Trump is beloved to the point of reverence by his base. As much as I dislike Trump, I recognize that he is very good at exploiting much of America's rage and hatred of people they don't consider "real Americans" and that drives voter turnout.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Impeached or indicted - either one is fine with me. Indicted would be more satisfying though.
+1

Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM

352 posts, read 324,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
If Rachael Maddow's assessment is accurate, Mueller has determined there are at least four points that show the president obstructing justice. And Mueller may present these to Congress within a few days.

1. Do you think the President will be impeached?
2. Do you think the President will be indicted?
3. In either case, what happens then?
4. Will the President fire Mueller?
I am a very vocal Trump hater (and hater of his ignorant and/or racist followers), but I do not see him being impeached or indicted. Maybe Jared or Don Jr goes down, but not Don Sr. In fact, I see him as a 60/40 favorite to be reelected. I hope not, but the electoral system plays right into his hands.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Probably re-elected. Trump is beloved to the point of reverence by his base. As much as I dislike Trump, I recognize that he is very good at exploiting much of America's rage and hatred of people they don't consider "real Americans" and that drives voter turnout.
Studies show that this is exactly what drives Trump voter turnout.

Just read about the Russian social media propaganda pieces. Majority was aimed at fanning the flames of racial divisiveness.

They knew what they were doing.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM

The Republican Senate will not impeach him and Trump will cut a deal before he is indicted.

He has settled countless lawsuits right before he's about to lose. It's his M.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies