Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 08:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
that is a mute deflection point that was not even discussed in this issue.....

now your making stuff up....they asked to use the bathroom, the manager replies by saying, you should order something....and the manager asked them nicely 3 times, by being ignorant about it, is speaking their true colors.
It's not a "mute deflection point" (Whatever the heck that is). They were waiting for a third party to show up. They came in, looked around. Their friend hadn't arrived yet. They approached a clerk, asked to use the bathroom. They were told they couldn't unless they bought something. They didn't want to buy anything until their friend showed up, so they sat down to wait for him. They had a quiet conversation while they waited. The police appear at their table, tell them they have to leave. They ask why. Other customers are defending them, "They didn't do anything!". They tell the police they haven't done anything, that they are just waiting on a friend. They offer to call the friend and let the police talk to him to confirm what they are saying. The police tell them they have to leave or they'll be arrested. Arrested? For what? They haven't done anything. The police ask them to stand up and start to cuff them. Other customers are now standing, voicing more objections. "What is going on? Why are you arresting these guys?" Other customers have their cell phones out, recording the arrest. The third party shows up. "What is going on? What are you arresting them for?" The police tell the third party that the two guys refused to leave. "They were waiting on me! You don't have to arrest them, we'll leave, we'll have our meeting someplace else." "Too late," say the police. And they take the two men, who've done NOTHING wrong, who've caused NO HARM to Starbucks whatsoever, to the station and hold them for NINE hours.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
When the Police get involved-it's too late.

Apparently they were aggressively speaking to the manager (cursing). At that point they were not being kicked out for loitering but for making the woman manager feel threatened. Would she feel threatened if they were white? I don't know and maybe that is an issue.
So police HAVE to arrest someone if they are called? Wow, that's not been my experience.

I don't know where you get this "aggressively speaking to the manager."

Old 04-18-2018, 08:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not a "mute deflection point" (Whatever the heck that is). They were waiting for a third party to show up. They came in, looked around. Their friend hadn't arrived yet. They approached a clerk, asked to use the bathroom. They were told they couldn't unless they bought something. They didn't want to buy anything until their friend showed up, so they sat down to wait for him. They had a quiet conversation while they waited. The police appear at their table, tell them they have to leave. They ask why. Other customers are defending them, "They didn't do anything!". They tell the police they haven't done anything, that they are just waiting on a friend. They offer to call the friend and let the police talk to him to confirm what they are saying. The police tell them they have to leave or they'll be arrested. Arrested? For what? They haven't done anything. The police ask them to stand up and start to cuff them. Other customers are now standing, voicing more objections. "What is going on? Why are you arresting these guys?" Other customers have their cell phones out, recording the arrest. The third party shows up. "What is going on? What are you arresting them for?" The police tell the third party that the two guys refused to leave. "They were waiting on me! You don't have to arrest them, we'll leave, we'll have our meeting someplace else." "Too late," say the police. And they take the two men, who've done NOTHING wrong, who've caused NO HARM to Starbucks whatsoever, to the station and hold them for NINE hours.
and where does it say, they told the manager they didn't want to buy anything until their friend showed up?

good, I'm glad they were held for 9 hours, maybe next time, they'll think before believing it's ok to take advantage of an establishment like that, and BTW, I'd say that if the guys were white. There is no excuse for this...none, and the manager asked them 3 times, if they were going to order.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they should have offered right then and there to buy something, and we wouldn't be discussing this right now...that simple.
Why?

At that point, when an establishment has called the police on me, it would be a cold day in somewhere before I'd spend money at that establishment.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I would in a coffee shop. At a restaurant with servers I may wait in the waiting area or be seated and order a drink while waiting. No I would not sit at a restaurant table like it was a public library or waiting room.

I was once sitting at the bar at a restaurant, ordered a soda and told I had to order an alcoholic beverage in order to sit there. I was driving, so no, I had to give up my seat and stand with my soda. Oh well, their rules.
I've sat countless times at a restaurant table waiting on my companions to join me before ordering. Just looking at a menu. Sometimes for as long as half an hour. Never had a problem.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because they still refused to leave
WRONG. When the third party showed up, he told the police they would leave. The police responded, "Too late."

Why was it too late? Why were the police so determined to arrest them? And where was the manager? Hiding in the back room?

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
That is a good question. The other people in the restaurant objected when the police came to arrest these gentlemen. Why would other customers object, do you think?
You're really not that dense are you? I don't see how you've not noticed the knee jerk/go-to reaction for the last couple of years has been anything the police do is automatically racist when dealing with black people or somehow wrong even if they're just doing their job...

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Why?

At that point, when an establishment has called the police on me, it would be a cold day in somewhere before I'd spend money at that establishment.
well, then, I guess you just think and believe you are above any rules....

Because the manager asked them.....

they were now informed....so what did they do, sat there....like some defiant little brats....
apparently their mother or father never taught them how to be gracious and respectful of rules.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:26 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Only on the internet will a story about too innocent men being arrested despite numerous witnesses saying they did nothing wrong reach 105 pages. People are actually debating if this was wrong or not? LOL

Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2001 View Post
Unless of course:
1. The white guy wasn't telling the truth.
2. The men didn't have a previous run-in with the manager.
3. There were additional circumstances.

I remember a witness saying someone was shot in the back, until the coroner said it wasn't so.
Why is it preferable for you to think that the white guy wasn't telling the truth??????? Do you get that everyone that was there in the restaurant supports these two guys???? And for your version of events to be true, they ALL have to be wrong??? A shooting is a chaotic event, and witnesses caught up in the chaos can be mistaken. This wasn't a chaotic event. This was a dreary Thursday afternoon, people quietly sitting in a Starbucks cafe, sipping coffee, working on their computers, browsing the internet on their cell phones, having quiet conversations. No one say these two guys have an altercation with the manager. The two guys were sitting having a quiet conversation, while waiting for a third party to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies